+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 3/4 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I don't really watch Big Brother, so I have to ask, was Rachel this fake on that show? It's not the drama so much that I can't stand, it's the fact that is the fakest drama that I have ever seen that is getting on my last nerve. How the heck did she garner any fans at all?
    If they could give razzies for bad acting jobs on reality shows, she's a winner!
    Yes, she was just as fake on Big Brother. I don't know how she had any fans. I certainly never cared for her.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yes, she was just as fake on Big Brother. I don't know how she had any fans. I certainly never cared for her.
    I think we have the same feelings about Rachel and looks like we will see more of her drama coming up next week. Just a thought as we don't see everything that takes place, and I may feel this way from seeing Rachel on two seasons of BB, but I couldn't help, but wonder if Rachel and Vanessa had more happen between them. Since the main reason Vanessa wanted to stick to the watermelon challenge was to show Ralph's 15 year old daughter that you don't quit. You never give up. Even though she knew they could very well be last it was important to her to finish that challenge. I just think that someone who is going to such great lengths to set a great example and then have them show that same person as being so mean to Rachel didn't seem right to me. It seemed like things were missing. JMO
    I was sad to see the twins go and thought it might be a non-elimination challenge. You probably think I am totally against Rachel and Brendon and I admit to that, but it would not surprise me if they were saving the non-elimination challenge for Rachel and Brendon.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Spockwhat, YES Rachel was that fake on BB. But only when Brendon "Her Man" was around. When he was gone, she was actually fairly normal, and interacted with people nicely. When she was with him, though? Tons of drama, fake tears, and couldn't get along with the house. It was weird.

She had fans because when she needed to, she could pour it on and win challenges like nobody's business. If only she could just be THAT person all the time (and dump that cheating turd Brendon)....
    mom2, Uncle David and Fanny Mare like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

CCL

Rachel was better without Brendon but I think she always has that tendency to the dramatics to her; he just brings it out. A lot of people turned around in their views on her on BB last year after Brendon left and she had to pull it out herself. She is a good competitor, as shown on BB and as shown last night (she flew through the harp challenge and rocked the bottle dance). She has a good heart (I think), and she can be a good friend (see her friendship with Jordan)...she does have positive qualities.

I thought it was "funny" that Vanessa banged on and on about showing her stepdaughter that you shouldn't quit but then also showed her that it is ok to be vulgar and nasty towards a fellow female. No matter what the fallout the two may have had, her comments (and repeated ones) were uncalled for.

I don't care for the border patrol agents. They got mad that the federal agents were telling the other teams about the earlier flight but they had banded together with Rachel and her husband and that was ok? I guess it's all right for them to share information but not others...
    cantstopwatchin and mesachick like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Rachel was better without Brendon but I think she always has that tendency to the dramatics to her; he just brings it out. A lot of people turned around in their views on her on BB last year after Brendon left and she had to pull it out herself. She is a good competitor, as shown on BB and as shown last night (she flew through the harp challenge and rocked the bottle dance). She has a good heart (I think), and she can be a good friend (see her friendship with Jordan)...she does have positive qualities.

I thought it was "funny" that Vanessa banged on and on about showing her stepdaughter that you shouldn't quit but then also showed her that it is ok to be vulgar and nasty towards a fellow female. No matter what the fallout the two may have had, her comments (and repeated ones) were uncalled for.

I don't care for the border patrol agents. They got mad that the federal agents were telling the other teams about the earlier flight but they had banded together with Rachel and her husband and that was ok? I guess it's all right for them to share information but not others...
    I agree with everything you wrote and would like to add that I was really impressed with Rachel when she & Brendon finished stringing the harp so quickly. She wasn't obnoxious; she was very conscious of everyone else working and celebrated quickly and quietly. I was really surprised at that - even more so when Kentucky finished next and were loud and obnoxious. So while she has her moments, I still see some of "nice, conscientious" Rachel at times. I guess Vanessa was a Porsche or Adam fan? I wasn't impressed with her at all and was really hoping she was gone. Sadly, no more twin eye candy.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Okay, I didn't watch last night...on purpose. I was tired and went to bed early. Be honest.....is this episode worth going back and watching? Or will my TAR experience be unaffected if I don't. Thanks!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Okay, I didn't watch last night...on purpose. I was tired and went to bed early. Be honest.....is this episode worth going back and watching? Or will my TAR experience be unaffected if I don't. Thanks!
    If you have read it all, I say dont bother
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks... I've had my life's fill of Brenchel
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Same with next week, by the looks of it.

Bearcata said:

I know the Border Patrol comes across arrogant but many law enforcement and military types are taught to have a can do attitude, work as a team to overcome difficult situations that it can translate into a really aggressive/arrogant stance during a competition that is being filmed like this one is. It also seems like the one partner is alot more agressive then the other, but this early in the game I really don't bother to figure out which one is which. I do notice that the Major and his wife really need to work on their communication skills.
    Thank you. They irritate me at times, but overall I don't mind them. I have several members of my family who serve in the military, so I'm used to the alpha male type personality. When your job requires aggression nearly every day, it can be hard to turn it off and appear like the rest of us. Last night I liked how they thought out the watermelon challenge beforehand, and worked together without whining and hysterics.

Speaking of which...

Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. You had earned my grudging respect for doing the challenges well and not celebrating ostentatiously over the harp. Then you had to go and blow it with the near-hysterics while racing to the pit stop.

I also didn't like that she gave up so easily on the watermelons. So Vanessa made a few catty remarks. So what? I would have told her where to stuff those watermelons and then smoked past her and her partner doing the challenge.

Vanessa--I also wondered if there was more to those remarks then we were shown. It was like she was two different people, vulgar and then inspiring. I liked how her partner held on to her as they raced to the finale.

That reminds me. That couple that blew using the Express Pass and then blew the bottle challenge, my oh my. I agree with whoever said that there was no reason to break all of those bottles. I mean, really. Did he not even look at the dancers? He had his head down so of course the bottles were going to slide off. Geesh, they deserved that penalty just for their stupidity.

So sad about the twins being eliminated. I was SO hoping it would be an NEL.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast