+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: 2/19 TAR 20: Premiere Episode **SPOILERS**

Re: 2/19 TAR 20: Premiere Episode **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Considering how often they take cabs on the race, isn't he likely to be in the backseat of cars quite a bit?

I've wondered sometimes about whether all the changes in food/water might be difficult for some racers who have acid reflux or more sensitive stomachs. For instance, I've given up on Indian food. Even though I like the way it tastes, it throws my acid reflux into overdrive every time, so it's just not worth it.
    I think it all takes its toll From no sleep, trying to sleep on planes. As you said changes in water and food That's why they break down, I cant say as I blame them .I dont think I would be good on this show

Is it me, or does the show seem awfully forced/contrived/staged this season? Lots of the contestant comments and behavior just seemed rehearsed to me. I'm a huge fan of this show because it's so fresh... last night seemed stale.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Is it me, or does the show seem awfully forced/contrived/staged this season? Lots of the contestant comments and behavior just seemed rehearsed to me. I'm a huge fan of this show because it's so fresh... last night seemed stale.
    Not really. These shows, once you have seen them once, seem very predictable, this one is the most unpredictable one for me
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I wasn't overly pleased to see Brendon and Rachel, but I did not consider his comment at all racist.
    As long as they aren't center stage I can suffer them until they're eliminated.

As far as Brendan's comment: it wasn't racist. Rather, it was a judgment of the BP guys (probably based on his own presumption that THEY are racist). Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it racist -- just judgmental.

Oh, and I SO loved the twist to the roadblock. I wish they'd have spent a little more time on the reactions as it dawned on the teams that the non-participating member was the skydiver, because the reactions they showed were pretty amusing.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht View Post
    I noticed that the Road Block clue said "NOTE: Andrew & Ralph MUST perform this roadblock". Anyone know why Andrew and Ralph couldn't skydive?
    GREAT eye!

We can only speculate. My guess for Ralph is that he's probably too bulky: he's got some serious muscle mass going on there. My guess for Andrew is that part of his contract as an MLS professional player probably forbids him from certain "risky" activities. It'll be interesting to see if this comes up again.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

As far as Brendan's comment: it wasn't racist. Rather, it was a judgment of the BP guys (probably based on his own presumption that THEY are racist). Doesn't make it right, but doesn't make it racist -- just judgmental.
    Right, that's how I saw it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I get motion sickness, too, usually when I ride in the back seat of a car. I can't help wonder, though, since they know that happens to him, why didn't they have him sit up front or bring some Dramamine along to use during the race??

Dramamine does tend to make me tired and unable to concentrate but you can also take ginger for motion sickness. I've found it works really well without the side effects of motion sickness medicines.
    They don't have the riders both in the front seat usually unless it's a directions task because shotgun seat goes to the cameraman. Personally, as someone who also suffers from car sickness on occasion (thankfully not that extreme) I felt for Mark.

That said, I don't know why he doesn't tilt his head sideways for a good portion of the drive? That helps reduce the motion a bit and lessens the severity. Pinching your hand in that fleshy spot between your thumb and first finger also helps out.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I know both guys couldn't be in the front seat but it would make sense to me to have the one with motion sickness drive so he won't have to ride in the back.

I have a feeling those guys aren't going to last too long. They kind of seemed out of their element.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I know both guys couldn't be in the front seat but it would make sense to me to have the one with motion sickness drive so he won't have to ride in the back.

I have a feeling those guys aren't going to last too long. They kind of seemed out of their element.
    Do they have to take turns at driving? I dont remember if that's a rule or not

CCL

I don't think so. Usually one person drives most, if not all, the time. Being in the backseat is worse for motion sickness so, if the guy is not going to drive, and he has a weak stomach, it's not going to be good for him.

Team twin = eye candy. Rocker or athlete...so hard to decide. I don't think the reason the MLS guy didn't jump is because he is precluded from indulging in such activities by his MLS contract. If so, he would probably be precluded from quite a number of activities on the race so what would be the point of having him on? For some reason I'm thinking it has to do with dizziness...I don't know why, though.
    sweetpea and Fanny Mare like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread