+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree178Likes

Thread: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

Who is John Galt?

Re: Brendon and Rachel TAR 20

I cannot stand her whiny voice. Why on earth is he with her? She isn't even that attractive, but maybe it isn't her face or personality that attracted him. I want to press FF every time they are on.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

In BB among the many things he criticized her for were her Las Vegas "glitz", too much make up, etc., etc.---he wanted a more "natural" woman for his mate....and yet it was obvious that his first attraction to her was based on her physical assets, many of which seem to be artifical shall we say. I think he was thrilled to discover they came with a science major (she's actually not that stupid, except about him) so he could justify the attraction as mental as well. And then there was considerable on camera (for those who got the 24 hour feed) undercover activity if you get my drift that probably helped cement things...and when he would get irked at her she'd use sex to pull him back.
    She has at times stood up for herself with him, said that Vegas is who she is and she's not leaving, but then she crumbles. As I've said, I really despised both of them when they were together, but when they were separated they were both better human beings. I can't believe that at least her friends have not pointed this out to her. I don't know how she is with other men---she's been faithful to him on the shows---but when he was gone and she palled around with Jordan (a calm and calming woman [most of the time]} she really changed.
    mom2, momrek06 and mesachick like this.

I just watched it tonight, and I thought the reason they played the clip about his degrees was because Brenchel couldn't figure out what to do with the penny :-)

I don't like the fake crying episodes, but I was pretty happy to see Rachel actually stand up to Brendan tonight. It's about time!
    Allie and Fanny Mare like this.

Will someone explain why Rachel wears the sparkle, glitter clothes and the 80's headband, if possible?
    Longhornfan likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Will someone explain why Rachel wears the sparkle, glitter clothes and the 80's headband, if possible?
    I have no idea, the headband was ridiculous .WTH is she thinking?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

She likes sparkle and glitter. She is THAT girl. So far they are running the race much better than I expected as they had no clue coming into it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Semi-informed opinion: On BB, she constantly reminded everyone that she IS Las Vegas. I guess "sparkly" is her interpretation of LV.

Personal opinion: She's cheap and trampy and likes to look that way.
    captain, mom2 and Jaceegirl like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Regular

I don't watch BB so fortunately I don't really get the hatred directed at these two on FORT. Yes, her fake tears are beyond annoying and he can be impatient with her at times, but nothing we haven't seen from other couples past and present. Dave/Rachel and Ralph/Vannesa of this season immediately comes to my mind. So except for her meltdown on the salami challenge, I've found them to be pretty bearable, especially on the last two episodes (opinion subject to change, of course).

The team that really disgust me now are Ralph and Vannesa. I don't like how he treated her, but I think she's worse for provoking Rachel for no apparent reason (maybe she hated her on BB as well, but that doesn't justify her actions).

Thank goodness I don't watch BB, preconceived perceptions can go a long way in spoiling a reality programme for me.
    sweetpea, Allie and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    I don't watch BB so fortunately I don't really get the hatred directed at these two on FORT. Yes, her fake tears are beyond annoying and he can be impatient with her at times, but nothing we haven't seen from other couples past and present. Dave/Rachel and Ralph/Vannesa of this season immediately comes to my mind. So except for her meltdown on the salami challenge, I've found them to be pretty bearable, especially on the last two episodes (opinion subject to change, of course).

The team that really disgust me now are Ralph and Vannesa. I don't like how he treated her, but I think she's worse for provoking Rachel for no apparent reason (maybe she hated her on BB as well, but that doesn't justify her actions).

Thank goodness I don't watch BB, preconceived perceptions can go a long way in spoiling a reality programme for me.
    I think I can kind of fill you in, for the hate for them. BB is a live show, and people can watch the contestants using live feeds. Most likely, in their first season of BB, perhaps Rachel and Brendon did something people thought was disgusting/rude/annoying/etc. or they hated their personality or behaviour. I'm not sure if I should even have a personal say because I didn't get live feeds or read it on BB12 because I was relatively new to watching the show. (I did watch the show around season 5, but I wasn't invested in it because I was about at least 11-12? That time)

I also think editing had to do a lot of it, as well. CBS portrayed mostly Rachel as the 'bad guy', but that was only because she was annoying people in the house. IMO, though, even with all the editing, I still liked her because she was competitive.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Semi-informed opinion: On BB, she constantly reminded everyone that she IS Las Vegas. I guess "sparkly" is her interpretation of LV.

Personal opinion: She's cheap and trampy and likes to look that way.
    I cant believe thats what she packed for this journey, and this time it really is a journey. I wonder if the show provides the trash
    Alexxxx and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread