+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 12/11 TAR 19 Show Thread FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/11 TAR 19 Show Thread FINALE **West Coast Spoilers**

I am sorry but Cindy is a snotty bitch!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

While I'd like for Marcus and Armani to have won, I'm glad out of the two who had the least errors it was Ernie and Cindy. This was especially true after Jeremy and Cindy went to the store the Dump and worse... didn't cotton on that there is (usually) NO WAY in you know where they're going to put a clue in a business. And how on EARTH would they think that this was a residence to begin with?????

This was a huge error that cost them the race. (Though I had a feeling it'd happened).

As far as the typewriter bit - I can understand that ALL THREE men did the challenge. The thing was the clue - it said "Who just doesn't give a damn." Add to it you have the Scarlett impersonator, you could easily think that it would require the person to interpret some scene from the movie or book - such as possibly carrying the person or such.

I admit though I was floored all of them had trouble with the key to sub in a 1. Common sense would dictate you try the L first and see what it looks like. Then you'd sub out with an "I" capital then lowercase. This was one of those things that make you go "You can tell these guys are running on fumes

That said - I've typed on a typewriter similar this at my grandmother's business many years ago (she was a secretary) so I'd had no problem with this particular challenge.

Marcus... bless his heart, I don't know what was causing him trouble on the plane landing. It was enough though to cost them the race - but they still worked hard to finish and I loved their attitude in the end.

Phil's quip though to Marcus was accurate - I'd be worried about him flying a plane.

Not a horrible finish, but the end three weren't my dream final three, so it wasn't as satisfying. I'd rather Bill and Cathy and the snowboarders been in place of Ernie and Cindy and the blond couple. But that's the beauty of this race - for the most part - it's up to YOUR choices that determine if you advance and win or not.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm happy Ernie and Cindy won.

After I found out the final leg was going to be in Amani and Marcus' hometown, I was like "they're done", knowing the "Hometown Curse" that happens so often. Oh well. They were my picks though. If it couldn't be them I'm glad it was Ernie and Cindy.
    Exactly I how I felt. I love AR.The next one will be good as well
    rfromp likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I love Marcus and Amani and am disappointed they didn't win, weren't even contenders in this last leg. Oh well. I'd like to find out why the flight simulator was such a challenge to them.

Cindy's smile drives me bananas. It is so wide and square, it looks like she is a cartoon. Congrats to them, they ran a good race.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Well, even if they can land a plane the fastest, the Stupid Couple did not disappoint. How could they possibly think an old Home Depot was a "former residence" of anyone? Oddly, though I've only been in Atlanta once and didn't go to the Mitchell residence, I somehow remembered the Dump was what she called the place. I must have read it somewhere. I have to admit Cindy and Ernie were smart to call what appeared to be the visitor's bureau for help. It's such an obvious thing to do, I can't imagine why more people on the race don't do it when they need to find a location.

I felt bad for Marcus, but I also couldn't help but notice that all the men were the pilots and all the women the co-pilots. Maybe Amani could have done a better job. She couldn't have done any worse.

The difficulties people had with the manual typewriter made me feel ancient. Even though the electric typewriter was the standard when I was young, I still have actually used a manual typewriter. I did think the Hank Aaron clue was cool, though.

I do wish we had been able to see Amani and Marcus do the map challenge, just because I wanted to see which one of them did it.
    GabbyG and sparklete like this.

So glad Cindy & Ernie won, they and the snowboarders were my favorite teams from the very first episode. Good on them and I hope they are able to help others like they want to do. I'm sure they will. Can't wait for the next race!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I think the right team of the three teams won the race. I liked Amani and Marcus more but Cindy and Ernie... sounded like they had a great leg and they've been pretty consistantly strong throughout the race... so it sounds alright to me.
    Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    As far as the typewriter bit - I can understand that ALL THREE men did the challenge. The thing was the clue - it said "Who just doesn't give a damn." Add to it you have the Scarlett impersonator, you could easily think that it would require the person to interpret some scene from the movie or book - such as possibly carrying the person or such.
    Actually, it wasn't three men who did the typewriter challenge. Sandy did it for her team.

Quote Originally Posted by taracran View Post
    I am sorry but Cindy is a snotty bitch!
    I totally agree. Gotta love how she said, if they lost to the either of the remaining teams it would be like losing to “C” students while we are “A+” students.
    Very classy, like the way they were through the whole race...
    sparklete likes this.

Ok it is official.....I am OLD! The typewriter is exactly like the one I learned to type on. There are days I would like to have that typewriter back, it did not break down.
    AZChristian and Photobabe like this.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast