+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

This reminds me of that season with the Bamas and the Male Models that did drugs or something. Nobody watched that finale either.
    Oh I'm sure there were a few million.
    sweetpea, sclilred1 and Fanny Mare like this.

To the Point

Luck always plays a huge part in the Amazing Race. Cab drivers always play a huge part in the race as well. While many folks seem to have issues with the way things played out, I don't. I really didn't like the outcome, however, I didn't find it unfair. There are obvious guideline/limitations set forth by the network and I have to assume that these guideline are being followed. If they weren't I feel pretty dang certain that there would have been several lawsuits, or at least threats of lawsuits, considering the lawsuit-happy land in which we live. I loved the boarders, but they made an erroneous decision and the others got lucky. It happens. There have been plenty of times when a bad driver has cost someone the race. This is a rare time when a cab driver actually gave anyone a HUGE advantage. My feeling is, if you are going to eliminate one side (cab drivers collaborating and saving the day), you should eliminate the other (cab drivers being horrendous and costing someone the race). That would be too much manipulation in my opinion. While there are times I hate the impact, such as this time, I don't want that much manipulation w/in the rules.

FORT Fogey

If Ernie and Cindy and Amani and Marcus would have said to the cab we want you to follow Jeremy and Sandy than I would have been fine with it. What my problem with the whole thing was it was their idea to go to Balboa exactly like the boarders, and the cab drivers changed it and went somewhere else without the contestants having any say hence they did the race not the contestants. If they literally did not know where to go and told the cab drivers help us follow them fine, but they clearly stated Balboa. So if the cab drivers did what the racers said, than clearly the boarders would be in. The boarders are out because locals did the race not the contestants.

I am not even a boarder fan. I was an Amani and Marcus fan up to this episode. So this is not about my favorite team or anything just fairness.
    Duckyface likes this.

We do not know that the racers did not tell the cabbies to change direction. We were only shown the cabbies talking on the phone and Cindy/Ernie saying that Jeremy/Sandy were going elsewhere. I thought Amani and Marcus told their driver to follow Jeremy/Sandy, I know they said to follow one of the cabs.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    We do not know that the racers did not tell the cabbies to change direction. We were only shown the cabbies talking on the phone and Cindy/Ernie saying that Jeremy/Sandy were going elsewhere. I thought Amani and Marcus told their driver to follow Jeremy/Sandy, I know they said to follow one of the cabs.
    They did say that. I think what happened is they had the vague clue of "balboa" and told the driver that in the hopes he would recognize the place they needed to go. Jeremy had drawn a picture of the building though, so their cabbie knew exactly which location to go to. The three cabs started out at about the same time, but because A/M knew J/S had left first, and thinking perhaps that it was better to stick with the others in case you had bad cabbie luck, A/M told their driver to follow J/S. This bunching worked for them. The cabbies seemed to confer over the phone, but since they were speaking a different language I don't think either C/E or A/M or even J/S knew they were discussing where to take the three fares. It was all a bit frantic, and I know I was freaking because I didn't know if they were headed in the right direction or not!

The whole clue thing was pretty difficult. I will say though, A/M deserved to be right there for picking a different task than the other three teams and then rocking it out quickly and efficiently. They were messed up at first because of a cabbie taking them to the wrong place but they came back and got a spot in the F3.
    sclilred1 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Another possible solution to the good/bad taxi driver scenario. Maybe members of the Amazing Race staff could be assigned as drivers with a vehicle assigned to each. They would not be permitted to help with directions. The teams would have to direct them to the place they thought the clue was leading them to (they all have maps). The teams could still direct the driver to stop at a hotel or some other place with internet capability, but there would be no "luck of the draw" aspect to taxis, and it would eliminate the "follow them" direction. Of course this would elminate the scenes of teams in the back seat screaming, "Go faster. We're in a race!"

Luck does play a huge part in this. Well roll on Sunday then we can see who wins

Hope Amani and Marcus takes it all the way!!!

Go comeback kids!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm from Baltimore. We will NEVER "get over it."
    So I'd say you are loving the season that unmentioned team is having, yes?
    Moontat likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calicokat View Post
    So I'd say you are loving the season that unmentioned team is having, yes?
    I have absolutely NO idea what kind of season ANY team is having - what Bob Irsay did to Baltimore in 1984 totally killed any interest I had in professional football.

+ Reply to Thread