+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't know, sweetpea. There is a difference in the "luck" of the snowboarders and the luck of two of the teams in the episode.
    The snowboarders got lucky because other racers were inept. They made huge mistakes.
    In this instance, the teams got lucky because the snowboarders made a huge mistake, but so did the other two teams!
    Basically, because they sucked more at the previous task they managed to get through to the final. That's why this whole business is leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. If, say, Ernie and Cindy were better at shoe making, they would have been the ones off early and heading for a stupid Balboa statue.
    It's because the snowboarders were so good at the shoe-making task that they lost. It doesn't even make logical sense.
    AZChristian and Alexxxx like this.

You're right, Spockwhat, it doesn't make sense. But to me, that's how this race goes many times. The other two teams did make the same guess the snowboarders did at the twirling skirts, but I distinctly remember Amani, when in the taxi, telling her driver to follow Jeremy and Sandy in the taxi ahead (which happens a lot in this race) so they were definitely headed in the right direction. Yes, they managed to squeak through on the mistake of another team but that also happens in the race.

Remember, their taxi also messed them up earlier in the day. Maybe the driver also talked to the other drivers because it dropped them off at the wrong task (the shoe building one) when they had specifically asked to go to the fish market. They had to hustle to get to the other task, and it was because they made the decision to do the task nobody else was doing (and therefore had more fish stalls to deliver to) they made up the time. If the snowboarders taxi hadn't screwed up by taking them so far out of their way (he took them to some kind of shipping dock that didn't seem to have anything to do with Balboa?!) then they might have been able to get back to the twirlers faster and then figure out the clue. It does suck for them to go out that way, I agree. But I also see it as part of the race. Sometimes taxis help and sometimes they hurt. It's so true that the right driver can make or break you in this race.
    Moontat likes this.

Did anyone else hold their breath for a good long moment after the teams got the "San Francisco" clue?? I was horrified and yet wildly excited to think of one of the teams yelling to their cabbie to head for the airport to get tickets to California....can you imagine?? That would truly have been the most wild and funny end to a F4 team ever!!

FORT Fogey

See this is where I differ in my opinion. A race means the first one to do something wins. The boarders were first period, and because of that and the fact they relied on themselves they lost. The other teams were forced into relying on the cab drivers so they won. It was a complete and utter farce. If Ernie and Cindy or Marcus and Amani win it will be a joke. Like Spock said they got a place in the final because they were worse at the task, and the boarders are out because they excelled. The boarders should not have been eliminated period.

Also to the question should the teams feel dejected because a strong team was out, no but to dance around and look like fools made them look really petty especially when the boarders had such a great attitude about it.

For me this was the jump the shark moment for AR just like Jason's season on the Bachelor was for me. I will not watch another single episode of AR just like I have never watched another Bachelor. I am barely hanging on to Survivor at this point as Rob winning was a jump the shark for me as well.

I respect all opinions, but mine is this was blatant cheating, and I hope that when the teams watched this episode they felt badly for acting all cheerful over a so obvious non beating of the boarders.

I was just praying that my favourite team (Marcus and Amani) didn't come in at 4th. There have been so many of my faves who have hit the curse there: Kevin and Drew, Flight Time and Big Easy, and Danny and Oswald (twice!!). I was just glad to see them make it to the end as I find them so much fun to watch. Them laughing in the cab at Marcus' mustache and how he couldn't breath was just so cute. I hope they manage to pull off the win, as I like them the best out of the F3.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

That's getting to the bottom of it, for sure. My two favourite teams were eliminated the past two shows, so that certainly weighs into my feelings about the "fairness" of the boarders getting eliminated. You were cheering for M/A, and hoping they would make it and I was cheering for the boarders and was disappointed they didn't. If Jeremy and Sandy or Ernie and Cindy had been in the situation that the boarders were in and lost because of it, I'm quite sure I wouldn't be as upset about it.
    Also, a huge part of it is that I felt the boarders (and also the older couple) were two of the strongest teams and I would have liked to see both in the finale. I'm disappointed that Jeremy and Sandy are there, and if by some of stroke of luck, they win, that would be awful, I think. But, it's happened before, and it can happen again.
    I know that this is the way the race works. But I don't always like it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I was just praying that my favourite team (Marcus and Amani) didn't come in at 4th. There have been so many of my faves who have hit the curse there: Kevin and Drew, Flight Time and Big Easy, and Danny and Oswald (twice!!). I was just glad to see them make it to the end as I find them so much fun to watch. Them laughing in the cab at Marcus' mustache and how he couldn't breath was just so cute. I hope they manage to pull off the win, as I like them the best out of the F3.
    I was hoping M /A would make it I didnt care who else. I dont think the boarders were upset, much like the Cowboys ( who I really loved) didnt take it badly..and they see far more than we do thats for sure

FORT Fogey

Nope I am right there with you:-)!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I guess I'm the only one that's thrilled about the result.
    shetrick likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I'm OK with the snowboarders leaving...prizes from winning 6 legs (including 2 new Mustangs) probably comes close to winning the final prize. Personally, I would have been happier if Jeremy and Sandy (who get big props for being the first one to figure out the clue) or Ernie and Cindy had left.

But teams have gotten penalized in previous legs over the years because of bad taxi drivers. In this case, the taxi drivers came through. And I think the whole thing was compounded because they all kept the same drivers throughout the day, and as we saw when Sandy got done with the tightrope, these drivers all talked to one another. I think they were all invested in helping their teams win.
    I agree, and there's nothing wrong with that at all IMO. It's like asking locals for direction and yes, they won plenty already. It's good to give others a chance.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD View Post
    Nope I am right there with you:-)!
    \\
    same here..
    shetrick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread