+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm so happy the boarders are gone. What a boring, bland team.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.

I'm very sad that the boarders are out........granted they did direct their taxi driver to the incorrect place originally. But I found it 'unfair' that the taxi drivers for Amani and Marcus and Cindy and Ernie choose to take their passengers to a place they did not ask to go to. Jeremy and Sandy were the only ones of that group that actually figured out the destination of the pit stop.

I further am still upset that there was not penalty assessed to Ernie and Cindy when they boarded the train in an earlier episode without tickets. Weather they bought them or not they didn't have them when the got on the train. Any where else and they would have had to present them and would have not been allowed on the train. I think that they should have been penelized at the 'to be continued' leg. This would have been totally different because this week's show would have had Bill & Cathi racing instead of one of the other teams (E&C or A&M).

I love the Amazing Race and have never missed an episode, but I may skip the finale this season.....

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    I'm so happy the boarders are gone. What a boring, bland team.
    I wont miss them. But then I wouldnt of missed two other teams either.I wont miss the season finale though thats for sure
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Now see, I didn't think the snowboarders were boring, I just thought they were being set up as the obvious "heroes" of the bunch, so their downfall was surprising, yet nice. And also,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    from what I remember, spoilers had Amani and Marcus as the 4th place finishers for the longest time so that added to it and I'm glad those two are still in.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Well, crap. Of all episodes to miss, this one sounds like a doozy. Sorry to hear my favorites, the snowboarders were eliminated, but sometimes your favorites win and sometimes they don't. I'm glad they did so well throughout the race.

From reading this thread it sounds like it was a very messy 'win' for 2 of the other 3 teams. That's too bad because it leaves a taint on whoever the eventual winners are. At this point I guess I'll have to root for Sandy and Jeremy if they did it all on their own this episode. And that pains me because I never much liked them. File another season away in the "It's Only Reality TV, What Did You Really Expect?" file.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm from Baltimore. We will NEVER "get over it."
    Its ok, I am in Cleveland... I am in the same boat.

And on everything else... too many points to quote… I feel the boarders beat themselves more so than the other 3 teams beat them. I think if they had the clue from the get go.. they would have been first by a LARGE margin of time.
    Boring Couple had the clue.. they did a good job and I give them the credit they DO deserve. This, like many other reality shows, is heavily edited and who knows if the other 2 teams said.. follow them when Sandy and Jeremy drove off. That is overly common in this race.
    I will miss Tommy and Andy, but they had a good run. I loved watching them.. they were respectful to the locals, they were respectful to the countries they visited, they had a good time.. they never fought. It was a refreshing team to watch. I have much respect for them on many levels, unlike Cindy and Ernie who were not always gracious and respectful.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 12-05-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Boring Couple had the clue.. they did a good job and I give them the credit they DO deserve. This, like many other reality shows, is heavily edited and who knows if the other 2 teams said.. follow them when Sandy and Jeremy drove off. That is overly common in this race.
    I think this is a possibility that maybe we hadn't considered. J&S could have taken off and the others told their cabbie to follow them, but then their cabbie realized they were going in a different direction than the place they had been told to go so M&A-E&C's cabbie called J&S's cabbie and asked where the heck they were going and someone made the decision just to follow. I'm sure it was all over the news that TAR was filming there and anyone who saw Phil probably tweeted about him being at that place or the news had already picked up on it and the cabbies knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    When a taxi driver has hurt people in the past though was when a car breaks down, or the driver does not know the location, or the spot the racers ask to go to is not right. Those are all part of a race, but to have a taxi driver shut a contestant up and do the race for them is cheating. They were asked to go somewhere by the contestant, and they completely ignored and made the race about them with interference. If the racers had figured out the clue, but did not know where to go and the drivers drove them to the right place supplied by the racers fine, but the racers and their information should have been where the taxi took them.
    Pretty much sums it up for me. And I liked what somebody said earlier, about how it seemed that these taxi drivers wanted some free publicity. I got that distinct impression, too.

I also lost all respect for Marcus and the rest of the group and their gloating over winning. I hope when they see the show that I watched last night that they realize they did not beat anyone.
    I lost respect for them because of the whole pack mentality. As others have said, J & S could have been wrong, and the others could have told their cab driver, "Wait! We thought we were supposed to go to X!" and at least discussed it. But oh no, they were so desperate to beat the Boarders that they just immediately joined the others so that as a pack they could eliminate somebody they didn't like. The whole thing reminded me of that hideous epi when everybody ganged up on the Cowboys, and helped each other to complete the challenge so as to try and eliminate them.

Oh, and I love how they kept harping on how much the Boarders had won. Excuse me, but most of the legs they won were because of the stupidity of the racers in those cabs! The orphanage challenge...C & E wasting time so that they weren't able to win the footrace, etc. Even Marcus and Amani, as much as I like their personalities, made some incredibly stupid blunders so that it's a miracle they managed to scrape their way this far. So now, who do I have to root for? Team Clueless, Team Whining Gits, and Team We-Don't-Know-Why-We're-Still-Here. Sorry, but that doesn't sound very exciting to me.

I also see with the other boards that I am not the only one that is disgusted by the complete interference that occurred. I think it will be addressed by CBS and Amazing Race.
    Good.
    spockwhat likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Sheesh! Were the final 3 teams supposed to look dejected for making it into the finals? No, of course not! Were they thrilled to finally beat the team that has won the most legs and the most prizes, the alpha-male team, and therefore make it (possibly) easier to hopefully win the race? Sure they were! I don't look down on any of those three teams for cheering at the finish mat. They didn't actively sabotage the boarders. For all they knew the boarders had already checked in at the mat. They were so far ahead, and it was highly unlikely that they got completely lost as they have been extremely efficient racers up to this point. But it just goes to show that even one small mistake can cost you the race, and unfortunately this time it bit them in the butt. But I don't think the other teams cheated at all. In fact, I was freaking while watching it because the taxis all ended up heading to the same place and I was convinced it was the WRONG place, until Mr. S said they were correct and were going to the pit stop. It was smart for the boring couple guy to draw a picture of the building, their cab driver recognized it, and then obviously conferred with the other drivers to find out if it was the right place. If the boarders had been part of the pack at that point they would have been included in the group as well. Not one of the 3 teams asked their drivers, that I could see, to cheat for them and like many have said, using cabbies and locals to help you find stuff is part of the race and is not cheating. There should be no penalty for that. In lots of cases, when people do that, they are hailed as being smart racers.

It's unfortunate but the boarders didn't seem too upset and they certainly won a lot of prizes and a lot of legs of the race. I am not broken up that they are out, because I'm hoping it might make it easier for my faves Marcus and Amani to take home the big prize.

And I'll say it: I don't mind Cindy. I thought it was really classy of her to say "I'm so happy for you guys!" at the mat when Jeremy and Sandy finally got first place and a trip. She was totally sincere and excited for them.

What I didn't like at all was the one boarder making comments to Sandy while she was doing the highwire crossing. He knew she was afraid of heights and even admitted that he was going to mess with her a bit. It didn't seem totally mean spirited but it certainly seemed unnecessary and not very kind considering a fear of heights can be debilitating for some people and I thought she rocked that challenge and was incredibly brave to do so. Boo to him for messing with her.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 12-05-2011 at 11:48 PM.

You know, having read my post above...I don't think the teams were "smart racers" really as much as they were lucky their cabbies were all conferring. So, yes, for fans of the boarders it does suck to have them go out that way. But then I remembered that the boarders had lucked into more than one first place finish, through the mistakes of others, so perhaps this is the time it came back, and bit them in the butt and it was their turn. I don't think it was a big conspiracy though and sometimes this stuff happens on the race. I'm just glad it wasn't my fave team out in the dreaded 4th place, as that has happened to me many a time (Danny and Oswald, I'll never get over it!!).
    Rattus and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread