+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/4 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 11 **West Coast Spoilers**

That was total interference in the race. I am appalled that all three teams acted like they beat the boarders. Only the dumb couple beat the boarders. That was an absolutely disgusting way to have a team lose. I have to root for the dumb couple because the other two do not deserve to be in the finals at all. I am not a huge fan of the boarders, but interference like that should be agains the rules. They were told to drive somewhere, and drove them on their own to the winning spot. The teams had no say in it.

A few observations and opinion(s).....

The snowboarders mentioned a number of times that they were in doubt as to whether or not "Balboa" was the correct destination, yet they chose to continue.

Had the snowboarders not been so hasty in leaving for "Balboa", they would have been privy to the gift of information also. Hindsight's 20/20, but they should have listened to their doubt.

Why didn't the snowboarders taxi driver get the correct destination info also? Weren't there cell phones involved? Perhaps he was not part of the taxi "alliance"?

I can't give Jeremy and Sandy credit for solving the clue. They got lucky, IMO. Editing kept showing the written words "Panama Viejo" on the one dress more than anything else, which they (and everyone) missed. IMO, TPTB meant for this to be the tip. IMO, J&S were grasping at straws when drawing that sketch of the building seen in a piece of the jewellry. Lucky for them, the cabbie recognized it. Had they actually seen the written words "Panama Viejo", then they would get kudos from me.

ETA: I don't see what happend as cheating or interference. JMO.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 12-05-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Typos and grammar
    NCLurker likes this.

FORT Fogey

If AR allows this, than it is the same as having someone drive to the destination and you following which I thought had been made against the rules. They told the driver to go to Balboa, the driver took it upon themselves to take them to a different place. This was too big a leg to have someone lose simply because they got the wrong answer first after they propelled themselves ahead in a race. If the other teams had all figured out the clue and the cab drivers helped them find it fine, but the drivers literally gave two teams the corrected answer that is just plain cheating.

My observation - if the taxi drivers themselves chose to communicate this way and the like, that is NOT the contestants' fault. We saw this happen earlier in the leg of the race where Jeremy and Sandy had the rooster clue (I missed part of that verbal clue) and the cabbies decided to talk amongst themselves about where this was and the like. They hated that the clue sharing happened, and then it happened again.

It's NOT fair to blame the racers for something like this when it's not their fault. And this time... it really isn't their fault.

I'm saying this even though the boarders were amongst my favorite teams this season. If it was answer sharing amongst the contestants something they could control, then yeah, I'd be appalled. The boarders were good but it was clear that they were making enough errors on their own to lose out this leg of the race.

In fact, I'm more upset with the drivers who you could tell were in this for themselves - they wanted to look good and possibly bet some PR on our TV so when we have tourists there they'd get business because they'd be seen as being smart and finding destinations from the vaguest of clues.

Carrollton, as far as I know as long as it doesn't say specifically that you cannot use a cab driver to lead you somewhere, then it's still within rules. I haven't read or heard anywhere that it's changed completely.

(BTW - I personally felt that this particular clue was confusing. There were enough red dresses - and note, RED only - to create the confusion and the text blended in too well. At least with the Chinese in the beginning you had the red and yellow balloons prior to the clue).
    GabbyG likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm really torn now that the snowboarders are out.

I like Marcus and Amani the best, but I'm sure they are wealthy and don't need the money.

But, I REALLY can't stand Cindy! She is such a horrible, controlling, b*tch, that it would suck to see her win. I guess the only consolation, if she wins, is that she will have to split the money with Ernie and maybe he will open his eyes when he sees the show and dump her ugly ass!

The third team - Jeremy and Sandy? - the fighting couple - meh... I guess they are still better than Cindy and her lapdog.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I think what happened, happened. It's part of the race that you get lucky breaks... the race is like that.

But it also leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Why would I want to watch a finale with team stupid, a team that has barely scraped by much of the time, and a team who obsesses about winning every leg? Sorry for the cliche, but I like to see the cream rise to the top. Didn't happen this time. I won't be watching.

It was fun discussing the race with you all this season... but it's done for me this time around. I'll be hard pressed next season as well... I don't object to lucky taxi breaks (even if they suck), but the cheating by sharing answers at the beginning of the season had me disgusted. It's time the race makes firmer rules about doing tasks and having the answer yourselves before you make your way to the next destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    A few observations and opinion(s).....

I can't give Jeremy and Sandy credit for solving the clue. They got lucky, IMO. Editing kept showing the written words "Panama Viejo" on the one dress more than anything else, which they (and everyone) missed. IMO, TPTB meant for this to be the tip. IMO, J&S were grasping at straws when drawing that sketch of the building seen in a piece of the jewellry. Lucky for them, the cabbie recognized it. Had they actually seen the written words "Panama Viejo", then they would get kudos from me.

ETA: I don't see what happend as cheating or interference. JMO.
    Actually in his voiceover Phil said that the clue was hidden on the dress AND a picture on their necklaces, so Jeremy and Sandy were correct in locating the picture. As much as I don't think it was okay for the cabbies to be in cahoots, it kept Marcus and Amani in it so I'm not too too sad, although I still don't think it was right.

Also...just as in Survivor, I try not to base who I think should win on who needs the money more, but whom I like the most and/or who played/raced the best. I'm guessing Marcus and Amani didn't enter TAR because they needed the money, but because they wanted the experience. To me, their pre-race financial status has no bearing on who should be the final winner. Truthfully, we have no idea how much or how little money the other couples have before they came on the race, we just know Marcus was a pro-football player so the assumption is that he is well off. Who knows...maybe Cindy, Sandy, Jeremy or Ernie is independantly wealthy anyway.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 12-05-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    But, I REALLY can't stand Cindy! She is such a horrible, controlling, b*tch, that it would suck to see her win. I guess the only consolation, if she wins, is that she will have to split the money with Ernie and maybe he will open his eyes when he sees the show and dump her ugly ass!
    Tell us how you really feel, Maude!

While I can't blame the other teams for what their drivers did, I still hate it. It's a crappy way for a good team to go out. Yeah, the boarders screwed up and went to the wrong location, but they ALL were headed that way until the cabbie alliance mucked everything up. Oh well. At least the boys did go home with a boatload of prizes.

Now I don't really give a rip who wins. I guess I prefer Marcus and Amani over the two boring, unlikable (to me) couples. Meh.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    Now see, i love the Colts..
    I'm from Baltimore. We will NEVER "get over it."

Amen, AZ!!! But I still like Marcus & Amani...
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread