+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 11/20 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 11/20 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

I truly am hoping that the producers are teasing us, and that Cathi and Bill get to keep racing. They really are growing on me and I would hate to see them eliminated due to the "body building" challenge.
    Doing a puzzle on a teacup ride was a crazy challenge - even without motion sickness issues that seems like it would be very difficult.

I bet the father/son team are glad they were eliminated last week... I don't think dad would have been happy in the orange speedo
    Photobabe and sparklete like this.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I truly am hoping that the producers are teasing us, and that Cathi and Bill get to keep racing. They really are growing on me and I would hate to see them eliminated due to the "body building" challenge.
    Doing a puzzle on a teacup ride was a crazy challenge - even without motion sickness issues that seems like it would be very difficult.

I bet the father/son team are glad they were eliminated last week... I don't think dad would have been happy in the orange speedo
    If you base your assumption regarding the father/son duo on past behavior, I am sure Dad would have rocked it better than his son according the the Dad.

Tea cup ride would have been a miserable experience for me. I would have been using the barf bag!
    sweetpea, Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What's religion got to do with it? They just have a phobia about appearing in public in speedos just like every other American male.
    When you're raised in conservative Christian circles like I was, you grow up with a sense of modesty that would make the Amish proud. I can remember at Bible camp TPTB telling us that there would be absolutely no bikinis for the girls and no speedos for the guys. Heck, the guys weren't even allowed to take their shirts off, and this was Texas in the middle of summer. I simply meant that if Tommy and Andy were raised this way, then it would make them very uncomfortable to take their clothes off like that. I probably could have forced myself to do the challenge, but I would have hated it. Ironically enough, I would rather do the tea cup challenge, since I've always loved amusement park rides and never had an issue with motion sickness.

I didn't necessarily see an issue with better looking people getting treated better. Some people--Marcus, Jeremy--really threw themselves into the challenge and ran with it. You could tell they were enjoying themselves. Others were clearly uncomfortable. I would have judged that other group harshly, too. That being said, however, I completely agree that it would be a shame to see Bill and Cathi eliminated because of something subjective like that. I really hope the producers are just fooling us.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

They dont show every team every week.They never have, not sure why anyone is worried about ma and pa.I am sure they will do just fine, the other couple were not shown either.Its just a teaser
    sweetpea likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Bill and Cathi are the only ones not shown doing tasks on the continuing leg, so that is why people are concerned. They showed at least one member from each other team doing tasks in the preview.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I think WE are the ones that would have not been happy with dad in an orange speedo! I think Zac would have been more uncomfortable about posing, though, since dad has such a high opinion of himself. Why can't I remember his name? Lawrence?
    captain, sweetpea and AZChristian like this.

This is just a super long leg Bill and Cathy will not be eliminated if they get to the pit stop last they will have a chance to catch up to the rest of the pack.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

That's what I was thinking. In the past, they haven't eliminated people on the first stage of an extra-long leg, have they? I don't remember that happening. I think Bear's right, and it just means the people who are last have to work harder to catch up to the others.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    If you base your assumption regarding the father/son duo on past behavior, I am sure Dad would have rocked it better than his son according the the Dad.
    This is so true.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Wow. All I can say is that Ernie and Cindy were extremely lucky. I've ridden trains in England, France, and Belgium and never been on one where somebody didn't come get the tickets. Who knew that Germany would be so relaxed about that? If they had been caught, they would have been put off at the next stop. That would have been quite an adventure, figuring out how to get themselves out of a strange country where they probably wouldn't have known where they were. I hope the producers would have rescued them. And Minney, you were thinking along the same lines as me. I, too, wondered if for whatever reason TPTB put a bug in the train company's ear to let C & E go. If not, then they had the most incredible luck I've ever seen on this show.
    Germany is the country in which I've spent the most time outside the US and I generally travel on the trains so I'm pretty familiar with Deutsche Bahn (DB, the train company there). Most ICE trains (and the train they were on was ICE) have a route that starts in one city, and passes through several over the course of a many-hour route. The conductor generally only passes the length of the train once near the beginning of the route. It's quite probable that the conductor had already passed since Cologne to Brussels is a VERY common end-of-route for DB trains. The production team probably didn't have to do anything at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast