+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 11/20 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 11/20 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

So, they don't show us an elimination, but then they don't show Bill and Cathi in the previews. Is that to keep us guessing or did they spoil the elimination for next week?

I thought it was a pretty fun episode to watch... but I wasn't pleased with how it ended.

Amani kicked butt! (And apparantly she's the only one with a smidgen of acting talent lol... though Cindy and Cathi put in an effort at least)
    Minney and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

That bodybuilding task was horrible. All three of the decent looking couples got through easily. That took really no skill at all, and if you were hot or at least your partner was hot you got through. That was way too humiliating to see Bill and Cathi like that. I did love that Marcus told Armani she looked good, that was a beautiful thing. Good thing they did not have a heavier set person, oh wait they are not allowed on tv anyways.

I like all the teams left sans the the couple with the whiny blonde girl. I do not even know their names as they are so boring. I really would love to see Armani and Marcus or Cathi and Bill win it all.

FORT Fogey

I noticed that all the good-looking people got through rather easily as well. It was hard to miss all the noise from the audience when Marcus walked on stage. Ernie hammed it up as well as looked good, and the Jeremy/Sandy combo both look good. Ma and Pa looked good for their age, extremely good for their age, but they just couldn't compete in this arena. And my favorites, the snowboarders, looked like the sad little mutts at the pound that never can get adopted.

I was particularly impressed with Marcus and Amani this episode. Amani blew through the Hans Christian Andersen task, getting it right the first try, and the posing was child's play for them.
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Funny and strange challenges last night. Other than the spinny Lego cups, the other (stage drama and body building) were subjective in the judging and any team the judges preferred could be catapulted forward and others held up. I was surprised that the usual joyful snowboard/surfer boys were almost shy on stage when they generally ham things up. Since the judging and challenges were more subjective I hope this is a NEL as well. I have mixed views on missing ticket-gate. Yes, they did buy them but they lost them. I have to wonder if TAR interferred with that train/conductor since it sounds like it is honor system and random if a conductor is on a train. When other teams lose things it usually means valuable time lost in one form or another. Possibly this is just another example of how this race is often more about luck than skill and teamwork.
    sparklete likes this.

I would be disappointed if Bill and Cathi were eliminated. The body builder contest is very subjective and I do not think it would be fair. They did the routine as planned, just not up to the judge's liking. But like others I did not see them in any preview for next week. Maybe TPTB are just messing with us.
    sparklete likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I thought the three judges for the body building task were really harsh. I think the big thing they were looking for was the 'hamming it up' - if you were stiff or wooden, you were judged badly for it. If you were smiling or acting like you were really into it (Marcus, Ernie) you got through. I don't know why the crowd and judges liked the boring couple except to think they thought the girl was hot. I agree though, subjective judging. I thought Amani rocked it for being the 'bigger' girl there and how they had to blur the side of her top as the bikini was obviously NOT the right size for her. She just sets her mind to the task and does it without complaining. It's awesome.

I thought Bill and Cathy looked fantastic for their age! They have nothing to be embarrassed about, IMO. Bill had some rockin' arm muscles. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Europe uses the honor system for trains, and not all trains have conductors. But if you're on a train with a conductor and you don't have a ticket, they can levy a fine or kick you off at the next stop.
    Wow. All I can say is that Ernie and Cindy were extremely lucky. I've ridden trains in England, France, and Belgium and never been on one where somebody didn't come get the tickets. Who knew that Germany would be so relaxed about that? If they had been caught, they would have been put off at the next stop. That would have been quite an adventure, figuring out how to get themselves out of a strange country where they probably wouldn't have known where they were. I hope the producers would have rescued them. And Minney, you were thinking along the same lines as me. I, too, wondered if for whatever reason TPTB put a bug in the train company's ear to let C & E go. If not, then they had the most incredible luck I've ever seen on this show.

The Boarders were probably uncomfortable with the body building thing because of their religion. I felt sorry for the guys with all those women giving them wolf-whistles, but it was funny to see how some of them took it in stride and played up to the audience.

Liked how Jeremy talked about his son at Legoland. I'm sure he was right and his son could have helped him do that challenge in no time!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    And my favorites, the snowboarders, looked like the sad little mutts at the pound that never can get adopted.
    LOL. They were clearly out of their comfort zone in that challenge, especially the one without the beard, Tommy(?), but I give them credit for taking it in stride. I don't remember seeing the snowboarders in next weeks episode, so I guess that I missed that. And I think that the bearded one, Andy(?), would have been a better "actor" and might have gotten it on the first try....that is if he is good at memorizing things. It seems like Tommy gets lost more easily too. Hasn't he already struggled with that in a past leg of the race?

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Wow. All I can say is that Ernie and Cindy were extremely lucky. I've ridden trains in England, France, and Belgium and never been on one where somebody didn't come get the tickets. Who knew that Germany would be so relaxed about that? If they had been caught, they would have been put off at the next stop. That would have been quite an adventure, figuring out how to get themselves out of a strange country where they probably wouldn't have known where they were. I hope the producers would have rescued them. And Minney, you were thinking along the same lines as me. I, too, wondered if for whatever reason TPTB put a bug in the train company's ear to let C & E go. If not, then they had the most incredible luck I've ever seen on this show.

The Boarders were probably uncomfortable with the body building thing because of their religion.
    I felt sorry for the guys with all those women giving them wolf-whistles, but it was funny to see how some of them took it in stride and played up to the audience.

Liked how Jeremy talked about his son at Legoland. I'm sure he was right and his son could have helped him do that challenge in no time!
    What's religion got to do with it? They just have a phobia about appearing in public in speedos just like every other American male.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What's religion got to do with it? They just have a phobia about appearing in public in speedos just like every other American male.
    You beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I would be disappointed if Bill and Cathi were eliminated. The body builder contest is very subjective and I do not think it would be fair. They did the routine as planned, just not up to the judge's liking. But like others I did not see them in any preview for next week. Maybe TPTB are just messing with us.
    From what I saw, Bill was messing up his poses pretty badly... hopefully they get it the next round and the producers ARE messing with us. The thought of Bill and Cathi being eliminated before Jeremy and Sandy is kind of heartbreaking considering the overall performance of each team thus far.
    sweetpea, Moontat and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast