Closed Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Re: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

We have two cats already, one of whom would probably kick the crap out of any poor bunny that came to live with us.

I've never eaten rabbit, and am pretty sure I never will, especially after last night!
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    They just get on my nerves... can't say why I guess Cindy's saying "shoot" 10 times a leg isn't enough, I just can't explain it. I just hope they don't win.
    Great way of putting it. I don't hate them. There have certainly been worse teams. But they have just irritated me with lots of things over the legs. That meltdown in the train station....Ernie's cringe-inducing attitude "Everybody wonders why Ms. Perfect would choose a nobody like me"...their refusal to accept responsibility for their actions (Of course it was ALL the Boarders' fault they lost the last leg. It had nothing to do with their own actions--and you know Cindy encouraged Ernie in that belief)...it just really gets under your skin after a while.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I really enjoyed the dancing in the beautiful ballroom with the Renaissance music, costumes and dance forms. Next to that the bunny races. Churning butter and climbing stairs is not my thing. Good episode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Not to me. LOL moving right along

On another forum they are saying the same, that Cathi said it.Shrugging
    Why does it matter which one of them said it?

I get the charge of hypocrite, given that they had just U-turned someone, but I think they felt pushed into doing that and that was part of what upset them. For the hypocrisy charge it doesn't matter who said it anyway.

Perhaps sexism?? Well women throughout history have been strong and tough, as well as sweet and kind. One does not preclude the other. I don't think they would have gotten this far in the race at their age if they weren't both strong and tough.

Even if it was Kathy, and she did lose her cool, and it was said in a moment of anger....so what? It was mild, not f#^$ers or S$*@h#$ds or anything. She was upset at the situation she was put in, and who wouldn't be?

I'm sure it depends on your age, your community, etc. how you perceive the word and a woman saying it rather than a man. So different people view it differently. To me it's not a big deal and it doesn't matter who said it.
    sparklete likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I think Cindy and Ernie should have U-turned the boarders and I really thought they would as "revenge" for them winning the foot race. But all she could think about was winning the leg. She was so arrogant because they'd have won any way. No way the 60+ couple could beat them in a foot race. Please! I also with B&K had U-Turned the stupid couple. They're always behind everyone else. L&Z were very likable to me. I wanted them in the finals along with B&K and the boarders. Something so relaxing about a couple of guys on the race who likely spent half their adult life stoned. Just makes me more mellow to watch. I hope Cindy is out next. She's like a Flo to me. I don't know why, but I really can't stand her.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Comment / Question re: Jeremy & Sandy lost in the car and going the wrong way.... so he says "If you'd have told me that, I would have turned around." (or something to that effect). Um, hello-o? She was telling you then. What, do you think she discovered it 10 miles back, but decided to just keep it to herself? Sheesh!
    Later, (still in the car), he mumbles something derogatory. She asks, "What?". He says, "Nothing.".
    Anyone hear what he said? I couldn't make it out. Even after playing it back.
    For the most part, this couple seems together, but there is just something about them that makes them not tight. I think it's mostly him.

Cheers.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I loved this episode. The castle, dancing and costumes were beautiful to see and the bunny race was fantastic! I would love to see Ma ad Pa make it to the finals. I missed the part where Cathy called Cindy and Ernie "bastards", but I suspect it was just a knee jerk reaction when they saw they were u turned.

Last week, most folks defended the snowboarders for rushing past Cindy and Ernie to the finish line by saying "It's a race". This week, Cindy and Ernie are being slammed for taking steps to ensure that they will come in first. It's a race, and they wanted a first place finish. I can't fault them for that.
    I don't fault them for their decision. I fault them for the attitudes that have bubbled up in pretty much every episode. They haven't been awful, but they certainly haven't been nice. There is something just under the surface that isn't pretty.
    Babbred and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak View Post
    Comment / Question re: Jeremy & Sandy lost in the car and going the wrong way.... so he says "If you'd have told me that, I would have turned around." (or something to that effect). Um, hello-o? She was telling you then. What, do you think she discovered it 10 miles back, but decided to just keep it to herself? Sheesh!
    Later, (still in the car), he mumbles something derogatory. She asks, "What?". He says, "Nothing.".
    Anyone hear what he said? I couldn't make it out. Even after playing it back.
    For the most part, this couple seems together, but there is just something about them that makes them not tight. I think it's mostly him.

Cheers.
    I actually thought he was referring to the fact that they were headed the complete wrong direction, that they needed to be headed north, not south. She was just then figuring out they were going the wrong direction. I had the impression that what he was saying was that if she had originally told him that they needed to head north (rather than take such and such a road) that he would have known which direction to go since he knew which way was north. Nothing could be done about it, but I did understand his frustration. His point was that they wouldn't have been going the wrong way all that time til she figured it out. He wasn't necessarily kind about it, but then he wasn't awful like we've seen other teams be in the past.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I don't fault them for their decision. I fault them for the attitudes that have bubbled up in pretty much every episode. They haven't been awful, but they certainly haven't been nice. There is something just under the surface that isn't pretty.
    I agree. It's all the things they've said and done as a whole. For example, trying to rip off the cab driver earlier in the season, complaining about their sleeping arrangements in Africa, calling the first place "stolen" from the week before... and the list goes on.
    It was perfectly fine of them to U-turn Bill and Cathi (in fact, Bill and Cathi had the best chance of bouncing back since they were currently in second). I just question their logic for doing so.
    The biggest criticism I've seen here for Cindy and Ernie using the U-turn is that it was a dumb move. You could get second to last in every leg in this race and still win the last one. In their focus on winning just ONE leg, they have forgotten the purpose of the race... to get to the end and win it.
    Why it was a dumb move:
    First, Bill and Cathi are competition, but the Snowboarders are much bigger competition, and perhaps the U-turn could have been better used on them.
    Secondly, they certainly have lost some respect with Bill and Cathi (and probably others) by using the U-turn, and that may hurt them in future legs.
    Finally, this is the first time we've seen so many non-eliminations in this race. It's also the first time we've seen double U-turn's back to back (I'm fairly sure on this one). Maybe they knew there won't be any more U-turns, but maybe they don't... if there is another one, I would not be surprised to see Cindy and Ernie be the losing end. Zac and his dad used one, and it probably factored into Bill and Cathi's decision when they U-turned them. All for a trip somewhere. It's just not something I would do.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-16-2011 at 10:35 AM.

I don't get all the Cindy & Ernie hate. The reason they U-turned Bill & Cathy is simple, Bill & Cathy were in 2nd place to their 1st at the time and they (Cindy & Ernie) wanted to be absolutlely sure (after their mistake last week not U-turning the snowboarders) that they would get a first place. Bill & Cathy were in no danger of being eliminated as they came in second.

Closed Thread