Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Re: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well, you say who you want spockwhat.I just posted what I know.I had the CC on, and it was Cathi on mine( very clearly btw) No worries, its done . I wonder if they will win? I doubt it.
    At this point it seems that the Boarders are the front runners but Bill and Cathy at least seem to be learning from previous legs and making fewer and fewer mistakes but the other couples do not seem to have learned anything. In fact it is rather fun watching Clueless (Ernie and Cindy), Stupid (Jeremy and Sandy) and Lost and Found (Marcus and Amani) fumble around.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    At this point it seems that the Boarders are the front runners but Bill and Cathy at least seem to be learning from previous legs and making fewer and fewer mistakes but the other couples do not seem to have learned anything. In fact it is rather fun watching Clueless (Ernie and Cindy), Stupid (Jeremy and Sandy) and Lost and Found (Marcus and Amani) fumble around.
    I don't give a toss who said it. Team Clueless are jerks and I would have called them a name, too. And although I don't think they'll win, I hope Ma and Pa kick butt for as long as they can. Keep these young un's on their toes.

And I agree with you, Bear. Since I don't like the first two teams, I chuckle whenever they fumble around. And since Lost and Found take everything in good spirits and keep overcoming obstacles, then I don't necessarily mind seeing them make a mistake, either. It allows me to cheer for them when they make a comeback.
    spockwhat, Moontat and sparklete like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred
    I hope Ma and Pa kick butt for as long as they can. Keep these young un's on their toes.
    As long as the can... right to the win. So far, my three favourite teams are hanging in there... and we're at final five now, so I'm pretty psyched because it's a rare occurance for my favourites to make it so far.

I don't actually dislike Ernie and Cindy too strongly. I don't think they've done anything particularly heinous, but all these annoying things they do over time add up.
    sweetpea likes this.

eh...I watched and rewatched...both Bill and Cathi had their backs turned, so QuoteGate will remain a mystery forever - or until they say who is guilty of the utterance!

Moving right along
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    ...I don't actually dislike Ernie and Cindy too strongly. I don't think they've done anything particularly heinous, but all these annoying things they do over time add up.

They just get on my nerves... can't say why I guess Cindy's saying "shoot" 10 times a leg isn't enough, I just can't explain it. I just hope they don't win.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    eh...I watched and rewatched...both Bill and Cathi had their backs turned, so QuoteGate will remain a mystery forever - or until they say who is guilty of the utterance!

Moving right along
    Not to me. LOL moving right along

On another forum they are saying the same, that Cathi said it.Shrugging

I understand what you mean SugarMama. Cindy has always rubbed me the wrong way... haven't been able to put my finger on it however after they U-turned Bill and Cathi I now don't like them for that. It was totally uncalled for. I hoping for a big win from Bill and Cathi. I think they stand as good a chance as anyone else. They may not be the strongest but all it takes is other teams making mistakes ( and there have been alot of those) and that could do it for them.

the snowboarders on the other hand have made few mistakes and are strong so I think they'll probably win. I do hope that Bill and Cathi are at least in the final three.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Last week, most folks defended the snowboarders for rushing past Cindy and Ernie to the finish line by saying "It's a race". This week, Cindy and Ernie are being slammed for taking steps to ensure that they will come in first. It's a race, and they wanted a first place finish. I can't fault them for that.
    This is how I see it as well. Ernie and Cindy wanted to win a first place prize, having narrowly lost last weeks impressive $$ prize to the snowboarders. Fair enough. The team they knew were closest to them and therefore had the best chance of taking that prize were Ma and Pa, so they U-turned them. As far as I could see, it was not personal at all so I don't see it as mean-spirited. Was it totally necessary? Who knows, but it did give them the prize they wanted. Personally I think they should have had their eye focused on the big prize and U-turned the snowboarders, who are obviously the most likely to beat them to the final finish mat. Cindy is hyper-competitive, but I did like her for how much fun she was having watching Ernie dance. She had this huge smile on her face and looked like she wanted to rush in there and dance as well. I can't dislike her that much.

Lawrence and Zac are gone, and that pleases me. Lawrence is an ass. When he said "Of course I could have done better" on the dancing challenge I wanted to smack him. I wonder how many times Zac has heard a variation of that throughout his life? Then the "she's bloody useless" comment and the driving on the shoulder. Ugh. I understand his being peeved at being Uturned but they did it to someone else last week so suck it up.

Marcus and Amani need to race smarter, for sure, but I'm still cheering them on because they always seem to pull themselves back up and they maintain a good sense of humour while doing so. His cheering on the bunnies was probably one of the cutest things I've seen on TAR.

All of the women looked truly lovely in period costume, especially Cathy. Wow, she really suited that dress and hat. I would just love to have been able to take part in that challenge.

Edited to add: BUNNIES!! There was a LOT of squealing in our house from the young sweetpeas watching the bunnies jump. And then a LOT of "Can we get a bunny?? PUHLEEEZE!" Thanks, TAR.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 11-15-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I wanted a bunny after I saw them. I had one as a child, but he was nowhere as smart as they were, in fact he was a tad on the lazy side.I have always thought I would never use the U turn if I were in TAR.I just think its bad karma, but everybody plays the game to win.
    I miss my cowboys, I still wish they had won
    sweetpea, Duckyface and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Edited to add: BUNNIES!! There was a LOT of squealing in our house from the young sweetpeas watching the bunnies jump. And then a LOT of "Can we get a bunny?? PUHLEEEZE!" Thanks, TAR.
    They make good indoor pets if they're not wild and you don't have indoor cats - that can be a problem

Ours used to greet us at the door when we came home, play chase back and forth with our little dog, sit in our laps and purr/grunt, toss his toys into the air and play...but they chew anything, so electrical cords must be shielded! Google "house rabbit" - maybe you might like it

But the downside is once you have one as a pet, you can never consider eating rabbit - it would be like eating a dog or a cat

Closed Thread