Closed Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Re: 11/13 TAR 19 Show Thread Episode 8 ***West CoastSpoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by bearcata View Post
    oh, passing on the u turn is being hypocritical versus being a ruthless bitch like cindy who would throw her own mom under a bus for a win and then not take responsibility for the decision. Ok.
    lol! I was talking about Ma, not Cindy.Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    lol! I was talking about Ma, not Cindy.Whatever
    No, I get you were talking about Ma, I was replying about Ma and then commenting about Cindy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, she ( ma)called them bastards for u turning them( I have the CC on) yet she did the same thing.I never liked the father son team,but, perhaps once again its the way its edited. I guess I like the surfers, I dont really care who wins this one.
    I heard it, but it sounded more like Bill to me saying it...but I was only listening at the time, maybe Cathi's voice goes deeper when she's ticked off
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

My impression of Ma & Pa's u-turning Laurence & Zac was that it was a knee-jerk response to being u-turned themselves. They had to u-turn somebody in order to stand a chance at that point (as far as they knew, they didn't know Laurance and Zac had gotten lost, and they didn't know how long the second challenge would take). It was a survival move. I'd believe that had they not been u-turned by Ernie & Cindy, they would not have done it. I got the impression that's why the "bastards" was said...that they were forced into the position of having to u-turn someone else. Just my opinion.
    Florimel, justCoz and Duckyface like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I heard it, but it sounded more like Bill to me saying it...but I was only listening at the time, maybe Cathi's voice goes deeper when she's ticked off
    Nope it was Ma, sweet lady that she is.LOL

Just as sidebar, Ernie and Cindy won the first leg of the race and have had respectable places during the other legs, 4th, 5th, 5th, 3rd, 5th, 2nd and finally 1st. You can see Cindy beating herself up for not doing each leg perfectly. I do think if she relaxed a bit, thereby allowing herself to actually think instead of react they would do better in this race. But that is the crux of this race. You have to be fast but you also need to stop and think and that's what gets the teams in trouble not stopping and thinking (ie: read the instructions). If nothing else it provides endless enjoyment for the viewing audience.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I loved this episode. The castle, dancing and costumes were beautiful to see and the bunny race was fantastic! I would love to see Ma ad Pa make it to the finals. I missed the part where Cathy called Cindy and Ernie "bastards", but I suspect it was just a knee jerk reaction when they saw they were u turned.

Last week, most folks defended the snowboarders for rushing past Cindy and Ernie to the finish line by saying "It's a race". This week, Cindy and Ernie are being slammed for taking steps to ensure that they will come in first. It's a race, and they wanted a first place finish. I can't fault them for that.
    Tribal Speak and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I loved this episode. The castle, dancing and costumes were beautiful to see and the bunny race was fantastic! I would love to see Ma ad Pa make it to the finals. I missed the part where Cathy called Cindy and Ernie "bastards", but I suspect it was just a knee jerk reaction when they saw they were u turned.

Last week, most folks defended the snowboarders for rushing past Cindy and Ernie to the finish line by saying "It's a race". This week, Cindy and Ernie are being slammed for taking steps to ensure that they will come in first. It's a race, and they wanted a first place finish. I can't fault them for that.
    Totally agree
    Tribal Speak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    And you wouldn't? How is Cathy calling Cindy and Ernie bastards for U Turning them any worse than Laurence calling a passerby "bloody useless" for not giving them proper directions. Believe me I would have said worse and I would have been bleeped.

Also Bill and Cathy have not previously U Turned anyone and indications were that they didn't plan to this time until they themselves were U turned.
    I personally liked that Cathi called them "bastards" because a. there was a light hearted tone to it - it wasn't said in the tone of Lawrence, and b. they know it's a game, but like anyone are going to complain briefly and move on.

And I'm in the agreement that Bill and Cathi only U-Turned someone because they were. It's a logical thing to do because it guarantees you have someone behind you. You don't NOT use it if available because there is a chance no one else does and you could end up last. Smart move actually.

BTW - I loved Jeremy's comment about not using the U-Turn because "they've already been used... and we're in last place anyway."

With C&E, they should have uturned the stronger competition(snowboarders) and hope they will get eliminated instead of thinking about finishing 1st in one leg. True they got a trip, but they probably would have still finished first anyways and would have put the stronger competition further back or even eliminated.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Closed Thread