+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 10/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Okay, well since you liked that....

Z/L just left the rock. Z did the task, because his dad suffers from vertigo. Amani, the pro footballer's wife, and Jeremy just finished the roadblock, and the previously hopelessly lost Cindy/Ernie are on the rock, and Ernie is now done as well. Bill (Grandpa) is going up the rock and his wife is commenting that she likes the view she has (of his backside). His response: "Aw, ya old lady!"

Somehow Z/L after bragging about their sailing skills have now gotten "hopelessly lost" in their words while trying to direct their boat driver, via the map (part of the task), to the pit stop. The twins still aren't at the rock.

Jeremy and his partner (third), Z/L (fourth--because as bad as they were on the water, the teams that arrived before they did were even worse at directions on land and couldn't find the pit stop), the footballer player and wife, Cindy and Ernie, and finally Grandpa and Grandma are safe in seventh.

The twins lag in (finally) but it's a non-elimination leg. I think it's kind of odd they'd have another non-elimination leg so soon.

These teams really, really have a hard time with directions of any kind, whether the kind that explain a task or the kind that show up on compasses and maps.

Oh, yeah, and early in the race Grandma and Grandpa were really funny as they urged on their terrific cab driver, who kept passing everyone else. Another team--I can't remember which one--commented on how gracious the Thai people are. I thought it was nice that nobody appears to be insensitive to local people in this episode. Quite the opposite, actually.

Next week, they get to ride elephants, a team gets lost in Bangkok (with this group, that's par for the course), and the twins have a tough time making it without any cash....
    Last edited by Tilden; 10-16-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    GabbyG and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Surfer Dudes are the new Cowboys - love how they enjoy the race, their good attitudes, their abilities. I'm rooting for them, Ma & Pa, or Father/Son!
    Those would be my picks too. They're the only teams who don't lose it when things don't go their way. I do, however, withhold my right to change my mind if the snowboarders start giving away information again, in an attempt to dictate who stays and who goes. I did not like how they tried to help Marcus and Amani last week, even if it didn't work.

Marcus and Amani did make a suggestion to another team on the best way to handle the umbrellas at the beach task, but that didn't bother me as much, since it was more a suggestion than an outright answer--and even if they'd told them how to do it, they still would have had to find the right umbrellas and set them up themselves, so it wasn't going to help them much.
    SugarMama likes this.

Liking the snowboarders and I usually don't like the athletic male teams. 'Cause I feel that they have too much of a physical advantage over the rest of the teams.

Jennifer did a good job climbing the hill but I can't like her, 'cause of her rotten attitude.

Really liking Lawrence and Zac. Luv that a father and son team are working so well together. Wonder if doing all that sailing together helped them learn how to work together. That and the Dad has kept himself quite fit.

Luving the twins meltdown. Stupid of other teams to help them at all, after all they are still strong enough to beat Amani and the grandparents in a footrace. This way you know there is at least one team behind you.

Luving that the Asian chick and boyfriend can't figure out clues. Totally luving that the producers brought back clues that the contestants have to figure out.

Jeremy and Sandy -- again luving the meltdown -- am I cruel or what?

Did anyone check out the other flights?? hope they did??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I think what makes the snowboarders likable is that they're so laid back, and they're unexpectedly good at things. I don't know that I thought they'd be able to run down a floating dock like that. I'd expect that they'd have great balance, but the one guy took off like a sprinter and the other wasn't far behind. Same thing with the one who went up the rock. You'd think he'd done that every day of his life for the last ten years. There must be some athletic skill they don't possess, but so far it's hard to tell what it is--they even impressed Phil.

The older couple, the dad/son, and the snowboarders are all supportive of their partners even when things aren't going so well too, which makes it easier to root for them. Meanwhile, the two sets of siblings are making me think sister/sister and brother/sister teams aren't such a good idea....
    sparklete likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Thanks for all the great info. I enjoy the show more when I know what to watch for. I, too, like the snowboarders, L/Z and the old folks (probably because I am one). The comment she made while looking at his butt is cute. Sounds like something we'd say, and I'm 64 and he's 70. We're old, but we ain't dead yet.

Must be honest, I can NOT root for Marcus and Amani ever since I found out he played for the Colts. I'm from Baltimore. We haven't yet gotten over the way the Colts snuck out of town in the middle of the night to go to Indianapolis. To this day, I fuss at my hubby if I walk into the living room and he's watching the Colts play. (He's NOT from Baltimore; he just doesn't understand.) If people ask me who my favorite football team is, I reply, "Whoever is playing the Colts this week."
    Moontat likes this.

Rats, it's a non elimination leg. There are only two right? so there will be no more, I hope. But that doesn't mean they might have one of those super long legs. Still at least they put the non elimination legs in early.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post

The older couple, the dad/son, and the snowboarders are all supportive of their partners even when things aren't going so well too, which makes it easier to root for them. Meanwhile, the two sets of siblings are making me think sister/sister and brother/sister teams aren't such a good idea....
    Or the dating couples testing their relationships a la Jeremy and his partner.
    One of the twins said the Thais were nice -she was speaking of the cabbie who drove them for free as they only had Indonesian money. That might cone back to bite them as the preview shows them not having enough money for the bus.
    The father and son might have hubris as their downfall...everybody else showed their boat captain the map and where to go for the pit stop whereas they made mention of their sailing ability and told him to go northeast, and then promptly got lost and eventually had to follow another team to the destination.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    More for AZChristian: I forgot to mention that to get to the rock climbing task, teams had to use a compass correctly and travel thirteen (I think it was thirteen) miles by boat to the location. Apparently some of the teams are not terribly adept at using a compass and are having a hard time finding the rock.
    Actually, it was 13 minutes. Sorry, but I'm nitpicky.

I, too, was wondering why so many people chose the coral task. That sounded exhausting just hearing it described.

Thanks for clarifying about the flights, Tilden. I was confused about that, too. I also agree with you that I like the snowboarders, but I'll change my mind again if they muck around by giving other people help again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Actually, it was 13 minutes. Sorry, but I'm nitpicky.

I, too, was wondering why so many people chose the coral task. That sounded exhausting just hearing it described.

Thanks for clarifying about the flights, Tilden. I was confused about that, too. I also agree with you that I like the snowboarders, but I'll change my mind again if they muck around by giving other people help again.

If I remember correctly, after the one snowboarder gave the answer to Marcus and Amani, the other questioned whether it was right to do that, and the other one told him they had a right to help those they wanted to keep around. That's what I found particularly objectionable. I don't like the idea of some contestants rigging things so that certain others get through who should be eliminated because they couldn't figure out a task, while others have to do the task themselves. I don't care who's offering or getting the information. It's unfair, and part of the reason I like AR is that there isn't the kind of alliance playing that takes place on other shows. There are actually supposed to be rules on AR, and I wish they'd institute one that penalized people just giving away the answers to other teams so that they don't even need to complete the task to move on.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

You'd think after as many seasons as this show has been on that people would learn to read and carefully follow all the instructions on their clue! And be observant of their surroundings, too. Most of these teams have suffered the consequences in previous legs so you'd think they'd have it down now but some of them are still making totally stupid mistakes. I was hoping the dumb blondes would be out but they got saved by a non-elimination leg. Ah, well. I don't think they'll last much longer. They've been in the bottom for several legs. Eventually they're luck is going to run completely out.

I love the surfers! A good attitude will get you so far in this game. Once the stress starts getting to a team, they make lots of bad decisions and it leads to their doom. Keeping upbeat helps them see all the possibilities to getting around an obstacle and they can't be beat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast