+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 10/9 TAR 19 Episode 3 *West Coast Spoilers*

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

10/9 TAR 19 Episode 3 *West Coast Spoilers*

More fun and games in Indonesia tonight.

No matter the time you join in the conversation, please keep it in this thread until 12 midnight Eastern.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 10/9 TAR 19 Episode 3 *West Coast Spoilers*

What the HECK? Why couldn't the guy just have pedaled with one foot - it would have been quicker. That really, really stinks for them, totally beyond their control
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Giving exact answers again? Even though they seemed to have forgotten, that's just not right.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

Nooooooooooooooooo! No more giving answers to other teams! And two of my favorite teams, too.

Sorry, guys, that's cheating. Bad on ya.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

While it was nice of the snowboarders to think that they owed the father/son team something for helping them, they did point out to that same team that they should be reading their clue when they realized they weren't following the directions exactly. The dad/son ignored that wise advice, which is why they ended up in second, really.

I don't mind the snowboarders working with another team to figure out the buddha thing, but yeah, I don't like them just handing out an answer. Even one of the snowboarders himself seemed to think that wasn't quite right, and then the other one commented that they had the right to keep around the teams they wanted to continue in the race. No, you don't. Not really. And if penalties can be assessed for not following directions, then I think they need to establish that just handing out the answers, as opposed to working together, could cause a penalty as well. It's not just about which teams the other teams want to keep around, because a)it's supposed to be a game with rules (unlike survival) and b)it's also supposed to be about keeping viewers interested and the audience may or may not want the same teams in the running that the other teams do.

I can't believe how STUPID all the rest of the teams are. After almost all of them screwed up last time, because they didn't read the directions correctly, they continue to do it this time as well. Geez, pay attention and learn from your mistakes--apparently the only ones capable of doing that are the older couple. The rest of them took forever and all of them working together to work it out, even with the answer handed to one of them by the snowboarders.
    Endit, Alexxxx and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Good. Bill and Kathi made it through, even though they had to do it on their own, because they did learn from their mistakes and did read the clue correctly. And the showgirls go home. Okay with me.
    Endit and sparklete like this.

More total chaos and mix-ups at the end. I love it! I thought since there was no "wait until a place opens" or a flight that they would just finish in the order in which they made it to the temple. Not so much. Although I have to say I was surprised at how many people didn't understand the clue. If it wanted the total number of stautes, it would have said "count the statues". You would think since it specifically made mention of the different hand positions in the clues, that the teams would catch on to that. Yeah, again....not so much, but it makes for good TV, so that's okay!

I also wondered if something strange was going on with The Mat tonight. Don't teams usually have to get on the mat when they arrive at the finish line? I seem to remember in season's past with teams happily jumping ON the mat and teams that arrived together jumping on it together or one team trying to get a foot on before the other team. Tonight it looked as if they weren't allowed to touch the mat at all. Several teams ran up and stopped just short of it and one team jumped toward it but looked down as if to make sure they didn't touch it. Are TAR mats sacred in Indonesia or something or am I just nuts??

FORT Fogey

Some of the teams were just counting every statute they saw too, when the clue specifically told them just to count the Buddhas. Did they not know what Buddhas looked like?

When some of them were guessing numbers like 400, did it never occur to them that the number was much higher than most roadblocks would ever have as an answer? It's like none of these teams has ever watched the show before.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Some of the teams were just counting every statute they saw too, when the clue specifically told them just to count the Buddhas. Did they not know what Buddhas looked like?
    What were the little statues then ? Anyhow, they didn't appear to have hands so I don't know why they were counting them.
    I love the snowboarders. I thought it was nice of them to tell the father-son to read their clue again (although they were ignored) but I don't think they should have given the other team the answer. Is it too hard to have a blanket rule against that? Do they think it would preclude teams working together because they would have to determine if each was contributing or if one of the teams did all the work? In which case why not just have a rule that teams cannot work together?
    SugarMama likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Hate hate hate hate the giving of answers to other teams. Working together while you are both physically doing the task together is one thing, but just giving the answer should not be allowed!! Made me like the snowboarders a little less, and the show even less as well for not listening to the fans asking for a rule about this after last year.

I didn't think of the carvings as statues but as, well, carvings, so it seemed a little silly to me that they counted them. You would think they'd learn to thoroughly read the clue.
    justCoz, Endit and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast