+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 10/2 TAR 19 Episode 2 *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/2 TAR 19 Episode 2 *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Considering how some contestants treat their cab drivers, you have to wonder if it isn't deliberate every once in a while. I know if TAR was ever routed through here (fat chance) at a point at which I knew some of the teams and their behavior, I might be sorely tempted to be less than helpful to a duo who'd been nasty to others.
    I think they did.

Good grief, are we the only ones on tonight? And what is with all those people riding on top of the train? That can't be safe.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    They should have just had a TBC leg and had everyone keep racing. It'd make more sense that way. I think that's the way all NEL should work anymore.

Tilden, normally I agree (and I don't completely disagree), but in past seasons, I've always been disappointed to lose much stronger teams (and in some cases more likeable) to dumb luck while a team that barely gets by and can't make it without latching on to someone keeps on going. And of course the older couple teams from seasons past that I think could have gone the distance were some of the unlucky ones who were eliminated early on due to bad luck. Of course that's the race
    I think they've eliminated some of the "latching on" and I'm glad of that. I was thinking more along the lines of just being asked for directions. That sort of thing. Not actually taking anyone by the hand and leading them through.

FORT Fogey

Yep, Ma and Pa have a penalty--but boy, they must have a lot of experience with tangled Christmas tree lights, because they whipped through those knots.

FORT Fogey

Marcus: "Get away from me tree. You bother me."

Yeah, reason with vegetation. That always works.

Everybody seems to be in a really good mood, but what happened to Ethan and Jenna? Are they even there yet?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think they've eliminated some of the "latching on" and I'm glad of that. I was thinking more along the lines of just being asked for directions. That sort of thing. Not actually taking anyone by the hand and leading them through.
    I do think it's gotten better than previous season, where 5 teams seemed to follow one, or they'd kidnap locals and hijack taxi's and make them guide them around. I wonder, after last season and the uproar over the cowboys getting ganged up on, if they'll be a rule about helping during challenges.

Yay, Ma & Pa! Won first speedbump! with their extra task
    Allie likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Let's see if everyone remembers to read the clue all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I do think it's gotten better than previous season, where 5 teams seemed to follow one, or they'd kidnap locals and hijack taxi's and make them guide them around. I wonder, after last season and the uproar over the cowboys getting ganged up on, if they'll be a rule about helping during challenges.
    don't remind me, that was terrible!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Fogey

I hope there's a new rule about teams helping each other extensively during challenges, as it eliminates the entire purpose of the challenge. How "challenging" is it if some people are just handed the answer? I don't have a problem with a team telling another team in minor ways if they wish to--like deciding to travel in a pack to a location--but beyond that, they should have to work on their own.

Love that Pa finished first, particularly since it wasn't the easiest physical challenge. Do think they could have set up the ladder so that people with longer legs could skip rungs but people with shorter legs weren't at an automatic disadvantage just because they couldn't reach from one rung to another.

Dang, the snowboarders are way in back as are Ethan and Jenna. I don't care about Jenna, but I do like Ethan, and I'm hoping he's had a positive influence on her.

.... Dang, the snowboarders are way in back as are Ethan and Jenna. I don't care about Jenna, but I do like Ethan, and I'm hoping he's had a positive influence on her.
    Yes, the two of them, plus Ma & Pa are my favorite 3 teams. I never liked Jenna, but she sure has stuck with Ethan through thick and thin - guess he knows something about her we don't
    Moontat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread