+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 9/25 TAR 19 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/25 TAR 19 PREMIERE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Grandma got the phrase right the first time? Mind over muscle
    Probably also has to do with the fact that they both spent years in the education field, where it's not uncommon to have to memorize things. Or at least it didn't used to be, though there seems to be some prejudice against "memory work" anymore, because it's not creative. Maybe not, but I'm glad I can do basic math and percentages in my head--helps a lot when shopping.
    jadewarlock likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The blondes are giving their hair color a really bad name!
    Well, we don't know that it's their actual hair color--and if it's not, I don't think we can blame blondes in general for their difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Grandma got the phrase right the first time? Mind over muscle
    Did they say she got it right on the first try? I know the edit looked like she did, but we all know how editing goes. It may have taken her several tries. It's impossible to know. I think it would be really interesting if it was shown on screen how many tries it takes each team to complete challenges like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Did they say she got it right on the first try? I know the edit looked like she did, but we all know how editing goes. It may have taken her several tries. It's impossible to know. I think it would be really interesting if it was shown on screen how many tries it takes each team to complete challenges like this.
    I know we don't know for sure...but I don't want to nit pick it to death...it appeared that way
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Wait, seriously? Jenna and Ethan are not telling anyone they were on Survivor? Um...cover blown.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Phil tweeted this tonight:

Read NY Times tomorrow there is an article that will explain what really happend with the #showgirls lost passport

Really not upset with Ethan and Jenna getting another chance to win a million considering the other teams seemed stacked such as the snowboaders and the footballer.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

TAR is my favorite reality show. I'm happy it's back. I liked the episode and as always the editing is great. The examples being the passport being shown on the ground, as well as Ethan and Jenna talking about not telling people they were on Survivor to the switch to the teams talking about them being on Survivor, Fantastic!

Not sure who my favorites are yet. Interesting that they had the non-elimination leg first thing, but then a first ever double elimination. Should be interesting. While I couldn't believe the girls coming in last and then losing the passport it was nice to see them get it (somewhat) together and not even come in next to last even having the hazard, which had to take time, not only to travel to the hazard, but also the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Wait, seriously? Jenna and Ethan are not telling anyone they were on Survivor? Um...cover blown.
    I know right? - While yes Jenna might've fooled people (She has aged a bit, but overall gracefully), Ethan is the only raven haired CURLY HAIRED winner of the show. No one CAN'T forget him for that reason alone let alone his was probably the only season where they were nearly truly surviving given how harsh the terrain was in the part of Africa they had the contestants play.

So far the show has been interesting - I liked the mental aspects they've brought back such as the clue in Mandarin. I also have to admit I like the hazard challenge idea, hopefully around for other legs, and then the double elimination. This way teams get to see at least two legs of the race and such, even if it does mean a harder second leg of the race. I don't think the grandparents will make it another leg, but it was neat to see them have that second chance.

And the passport... Normally I would think that people would be in trouble for leaking info, but I have a feeling that those who got the passport to the teams were let off the hook only because they saved the contestants - and probably the company paying for tickets that were probably non-refundable by then.

I seem to remember one other season where they did a NEL first. My memory could be sketchy, but I remember liking it because it seemed to give the teams a chance to settle into the race and the viewing audience a chance to get to know all the teams. Of course I could be completely wrong too! I hated the season (or two???) when they had a challenge right off the bat and the ones who came in last didn't get to race. Survivor did something similar with a schoolyard pick one season and the two picked last had to go home. That was just awful!

I am actually happy to see Ethan and Jenna.I truly think after all he's been through and the charities he supports that they are really not there for the money, but for the experience. I'm sure if they won, a big chunk would go to his charity anyway. I believe he has their website logo on the yellow shirt he was wearing tonight. Not that that makes them any more or less deserving of the million, but some people you just get the "I'm here more for the adventure than the money" vibe and they seem like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast