+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *The Amazing Race 19 Cast (Fall 2011)*

FORT Fogey

Re: *The Amazing Race 19 Cast (Fall 2011)*

I'd prefer more regular people who have no fame resume, so to speak. In Ethan and Jenna's case, however, neither of them, so far as I know, have really worked that fame as a career, Ethan has been through some serious health issues, and his season of Survivor was long ago enough that even though he won, I don't think he's still all that well known. He's also done a bunch of charity work, which is nice. I don't mind them coming on so much.

I think that professional athletes have some distinct advantages in the race too, but the NFL player is paired with his wife, right? I presume she's not a professional athlete. And snowboarders don't get as much attention as, say, football or basketball players, so the fame factor is less obvious there. Too bad they couldn't get some speed skaters. U.S. short and long track speed skaters don't have a lot of funding. Or lugers. Or a two man (or woman) bobsled team....

I'm kind of interested in seeing how the seventeen year old who sailed around the world alone and his dad work together too.

And yeah, a model/beauty queen free season would be nice. I've never supported an AR team strictly based on what they looked like, so I don't get why casting pretty people is so important. They must realize by now that some very popular teams have looked pretty much like most of the viewers probably look themselves.

I didn't care for Jenna on her first Survivor season. She was later on one of the All-Stars, but quit because her mother had cancer. Her mom had urged her to go, and she did, but then decided she'd rather be home with her mom. According to Wikipedia, her mom died eight days after she got home.

So I'll give her another chance. She was quite young (21) when she was first on Survivor. Hopefully, she has matured a lot.

I think Ethan is probably 1 of the nicest, if not the nicest guy ever, to win Survivor.
    Unfortunately, his season, Africa, was my least favorite ever as it was very boring. SOrr, Ethan.
    Jenna, on the other hand, was 1 of my least favorite winners ever. Talk about a fame ho. Disliked both she and the thin blonde, Heidi, she teamed up with.
    I do like Jenna since she's gone out with Ethan. It showed a new, softer, more sensitive, likable side of her.
    So, I'm OK with them being on, though I'd still prefer total newbies.
    Not looking forward to the kid who sailed around the world and his dad.
    When his sister attempted to do the same thing, the family, esp. the father, was all over the news out here. The father is pretty obnoxious, to say the least.
    TAR is my favorite of the reality shows, though, so I know I will watch.
    I just wish all these shows would just go back to casting real, everyday people, not the recycled varieties.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

They need to a complete TAR season where its all cross-overs, but I think the networks are getting worried and therefore they are hoping to draw ratings. Ethan and Jenna have a great story so therefore we are already wanting to see how they are doing.
    Same with Coach and Ozzy on Survivor, they are bringing back people they think we want to see so that we tune in. I will watch no matter what so to me it doesn't matter. I do find on TAR though at the beginning its like Bachelor/Bachelorette to many to follow on the first episode.

Let's put the rejected Bachelors and Bachelorettes on Survivor! Oh wait, different networks ....

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The casting of Ethan and Jenna doesn't bother me. After all the hell that both have gone through with Ethan's cancer and the like, I think it'd be fun for them to have a chance to celebrate life and compete in this race.
    I just hope the other players don't go oogling over them or try to sabotage them like what happened to Jet and Cord last season.
    I am in no way a fan of Jenna, but i DO love me some Ethan. I will say however, I have a bit more respect for her given how she has been there for him and it was an awful way to begin a relationship given her mothers death to cancer. I hope they go far, knowing their past charity involvement, I am sure that the winnings are not just for personal gain.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12