+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TAR Episode 2 Recap

With all this Spanish subtitling, I actually feel like I'm learning something.

Welcome, duffny1! Definitely congrats on keeping up with 9 of the other 10 teams climbing the pyramid. At 7,000 feet (higher than Denver) elevation, you must have felt every single one of those 248 steps. Good thing there was a 24-hour bus ride in your near future, eh?

All I can say is, ya done good. But I sure am sorry to see T&T go.

I have to say, that even while writing the recap I was thinking I NEVER would have made it up to the top!
    You do deserve Kudos
    Thanks for taking my recap in with a grain of salt, I really do like all the teams... somewhat
    Thanks for setting the record straight
    And come visit anytime!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie

What a warm welcome...

Thanks for such a warm welcome. Of course I will be visiting--ALL the teams (albeit one) love to read the different boards. They are a little difficult to read (some posts get very nasty) Remember it is the way that we are edited. Not to say many teams DON'T have those personalities. JUST WAIT-- I think some teams might shock you and a few will delight you. Remember it is a 28 day route, plus five days of orientation so we learn a lot about these people. FRANKLY... I met some of the best people ever. Granted a lot of stress factors in, and people aren't being themselves. We act a little differently with a camera/soundman in our face under very EXTREME situations. IT IS VERY STRESSFUL but tons of fun...

Anyway..Thank you

Ken, we definitely understand. We've always said, we see "reality show" contestants through the eye of the producers. They have the ability to show anyone any way they want. If we make fun of, or rip on a contestant or team, it's not a personal attack, it's just the way we've been shown them.

People "in real life" are a lot different than what we see in the boiled-down 13 hours of a 28-day race, and even then, we're only seeing them in a high-pressure situation that's not at their peak.

So, we get what we get. But we enjoy most of the teams, anyway. I don't think I'd personally be able to do it without killing my partner. Now, wouldn't THAT be something for the editing?!

You mentioned that some posts get nasty, and that's true (although we try hard here not to slam people TOO much) - but, I hope that people realize when they put themselves "out there" on a reality show, they're going to get a certain percentage of that. People who don't take criticism well shouldn't go on those shows, especially now that they've been around for a little while and you can plainly see what's happened in the past.

Even the teams we hate, it's because we love to hate them. And honestly, they did a good job casting this season, and I don't yet hate any of the teams. But, that could change. I remember liking the Guidos in the first season, until they gave in to the Dark Side.

I think it's a good thing to have a team to root against as much as a team to root for. Even though I'm mad at Ian for his poor behavior, I'm sure he's a perfectly wonderful gentleman in real life.

Is it okay to ask if you bonded with any teams, and if you keep in touch with them post-show? Or should I wait until you're no longer in it (hopefully at or near the end)...

Just want to second what John and Duffny have said...
    Editing, editing, editing
    I love that you guys have a sense of humor. I think it would be an important thing to have while on the show, then while visiting sites. Hopefully the other teams will understand that too!
    Can't wait to see what happens next... Uh, by the way Ken, who did swim with the dolphins? You or Gerard? Thanks

JR.
    Originally posted by John
    If we make fun of, or rip on a contestant or team, it's not a personal attack, it's just the way we've been shown them.

Unless your name is Ghandia.

Originally posted by JR.
    Unless your name is Ghandia.
    You really have a knack for cracking me up JR.

JR.
    hey, I try

FORT Newbie
    Duffny 1

pray do tell the except one.................
    and why did no one else ask?????????

Hi T and I
    Just want to thank you for not reaming me on my recap
    I am having fun, and these past two weeks some of it has been at your expense. If you have read my "I like them on paper points" articles you will know that you were one of the teams I really liked before the race even started.
    I hope you stick around to share your thoughts on the legs of the race (after they air of course).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast