+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    In regard to the whole chocolate fiasco, while I DO feel that the Globetrotter's actions were over the top, I can understand why they were pissed off.

In this particular challenge, they had to paint with chocolate, and from the looks of things had to do EVERYTHING, including the mixing of colors for the face, beard, hat, boots, etc. None of these are easy to do (I've done the Wilton Chocolate melts myself), and then you have to carefully paint the molds in order to have them look perfect with no wibbly wobbly edges or the like. These judges were still quite strict, especially since Belgian (?) chocolate is highly regarded in quality and beauty.

Regardless, this takes an extremely long amount of time, so I can see why they were mad that they'd have to do another one.

Again, I do want to note that I felt the GT's behavior was WAY over the top on Vyxsyn; however, in a race for a million bucks and seeing that these judges were strict (and have been in most of these challenges), I can understand how the heated exchange can happen.
    I think at the end when Kent was whining he said someting about '3 hours of waiting' and I got the impression he was talking about the chocolate task, although maybe I just assumed that. I wish they would sometimes mention how long tasks take because I think it would be interesting. I know the 'put together the giant dinosaur' puzzle a few weeks back took a very long time.

This may be my favorite episode so far. So glad Kent and Vyxen are gone!! Kent is the absolute worst. I can't believe he was sitting there telling Vyxen that HE was the positive one! I rolled my eyes so hard I think I got a little headache LOL.

So glad that Justin and Zev made it through! I hope they manage to win it all. Loved the scenes from next week too when the boys get hot waxed! Too funny!

I just watched the part where they mix up the molds again, it isn't really clear what happened but if anyone got theirs mixed up it was most likely FT and Jen. Maybe something else happened that they didn't show?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Finished 5th overall in both of their seasons and never finished a leg in first.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Finished 5th overall in both of their seasons and never finished a leg in first.

Which begs the question: Why were they invited to an all-stars show anyway? Not that we don't all know why. If they were just bland looking average joes (or jos), they'd never have been asked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Which begs the question: Why were they invited to an all-stars show anyway? Not that we don't all know why. If they were just bland looking average joes (or jos), they'd never have been asked back.
    My theory one of two reason:

1. They were as you said just an interesting team that didn't win, but interesting based on their looks, or

2. They, and not Jamie and Cara, were the team asked to return after Brook and Claire from last season were unable to compete again as one was pregnant.

Then again, at her most annoying, I'd much rather seen Brook return to the race than see what happened in regard to the Goths. I was absolutely stunned that Kent thought he was the more levelheaded one when Vyxsyn only had one meltdown while Kent complained on many of the legs, including a couple of his own meltdowns, including the 30-min. penalty here.

I really do not like Zev. He doesn't really put much effort into challenges and I feel like he's being carried. It looked like he just sat back and was all limp and "I'm trying!" *while not even in the hole and shovel barely in hand to be used properly* And when he's like "Honestly, we're meant to be here because we're here.", he sounded and looked SO arrogant while saying it. No, you are not meant to be there... you got lucky that the other team didn't walk.

Flighttime cannot complain about doing challenges over again/unfair advantages when they have got handed several answers. If anything, you should know Vyxsyn wasn't using the freezer with Kent nagging her for so long to do it (so how could she have taken it? Cause you said do?). They looked pretty ignorant and rude this episode. Of course when you ask the rest of the teams if they have it, they'll deny. What do you expect to hear, "No, I took yours."?

Sad to see Vyxsyn eliminated but Kent can go. She should just tell him to STFU already. I think they might be split though, Kent was scene partying in a club that was featured on Harry's Law but without Vyxsyn. He is on part with Zev for me.

But who knows what these people are like in real life. Reality TV and money magnify the best and worst of people. Maybe Kent is not so crazy in real life, who knows?

And I think if anybody wants to prove they are "All Stars", the season should be run with every team being split up and permanently paired with another player chosen randomly. This would be the real test IMO, not the same predictable teams.

Is Justin being tortured in the previews or what? Hope some of them packed Tendskin (or at least uncoated aspirin). Beauty is pain.
    Last edited by Endit; 05-02-2011 at 03:40 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    I really do not like Zev. He doesn't really put much effort into challenges and I feel like he's being carried. It looked like he just sat back and was all limp and "I'm trying!" *while not even in the hole and shovel barely in hand to be used properly* And when he's like "Honestly, we're meant to be here because we're here.", he sounded and looked SO arrogant while saying it. No, you are not meant to be there... you got lucky that the other team didn't walk.

Flighttime cannot complain about doing challenges over again/unfair advantages when they have got handed several answers. If anything, you should know Vyxsyn wasn't using the freezer with Kent nagging her for so long to do it (so how could she have taken it? Cause you said do?). They looked pretty ignorant and rude this episode. Of course when you ask the rest of the teams if they have it, they'll deny. What do you expect to hear, "No, I took yours."?

Sad to see Vyxsyn eliminated but Kent can go. She should just tell him to STFU already. I think they might be split though, Kent was scene partying in a club that was featured on Harry's Law but without Vyxsyn. He is on part with Zev for me.

But who knows what these people are like in real life. Reality TV and money magnify the best and worst of people. Maybe Kent is not so crazy in real life, who knows?

And I think if anybody wants to prove they are "All Stars", the season should be run with every team being split up and permanently paired with another player chosen randomly. This would be the real test IMO, not the same predictable teams.

Is Justin being tortured in the previews or what? Hope some of them packed Tendskin (or at least uncoated aspirin). Beauty is pain.

Well, if he's *anything* like he presents on AR, she's probably better of without him. He acts like a whiny little b**ch, man up for crying out loud ! And I agree with the earlier comment, how is that nose ring thing suppose to be attractive ? I think it's downright ugly. Vxysin seems like she might be a nice looking girl, but she packs so much face paint, pierceings, etc etc onto herself, who knows ? It' s just a little much, IMO. The GT probably over reacted, but if it was me I'd be royally PO'd if someone took mine after it took so long to do. I think I'd have a hard time holding my tounge. It seems like this show could use a couple of referees present for when disputes arise, or in the case of last week when all the answers were being given. Call the penelty on the spot or make a ruling or whatever. Of course they'll never do that, but it might help.

FORT Regular

Zev has Asperger Syndrome, a form of autism. It's a testament to his grit and Justin's friendship, patience and encouragement that he has done so well in 2 seasons of AR.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryld20756 View Post
    So who (if anyone) took the wrong chocolate gnome? Did anyone catch it? It's driving us nuts over here trying to figure it out!
    It was left unresolved. I don't think anyone there really knew.

+ Reply to Thread