+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Anyone else thing Vixsyn was lowering Kent too far into the crevasse on purpose?

I thought the exact same thing. The more he screamed to be pulled back up, the more she kept lowering him. I figured she was hoping he'd get stuck down there and she could continue the race with the guy they were rescuing instead.

Did anyone else gasp in disbelief when Kent told Vyxsin that he was always positive while racing. Seriously? He whined constantly. Not that she was terribly positive either, but she wasn't claiming to be Polly Positive either.

I will not miss them, and I'm glad their mistake saved Z/J, though I cannot for the life of me figure out why Z/J and G/M chose the obviously harder task on the mountain. Digging anything out of the snow is hard enough, but at altitude? That's way worse. Unless both members of a team were really claustrophobic, the other was a better choice.

And how come nobody played with the adorable St. Bernard at the pit stop?

I am so glad K/V are done! I can truly say that any team now that wins, I'm ok with. I like all of them. Do I have a favorite, yea, but I just thrilled K/V won't be in the finals!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All of the teams that are left are worthy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Special Report just came on about Bin Laden (good news), so we won't get to see the end of TAR apparently.

Can someone be kind enough to fill us west coasters in on what clue K&V misread and were penalized on?

Thanks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They took didn't walk to the pit stop, as instructed, opting for some kind of ride.
    30 minute penalty allowed Zev and his partner to come in 3rd!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really was hoping the Globe Trotters or Zev and Justin would be eliminated or both. Big Easy is just a big bully. I hate it and don't like him too much. In his way he is just as annoying at Kent. If Vyxin had another partner she would still be in this race. She is a very strong competitor but unfortunately has crappy taste in friends. Kent is very verbally and mentally abusive to Vyxin. I just wish she would realize it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    They took didn't walk to the pit stop, as instructed, opting for some kind of ride. 30 minute penalty allowed Zev and his partner to come in 3rd!
    Thanks for the info. I guess there wasn't a cart for Vyxin to tow Kent on, and Heaven forbid he should WALK. (Not going to miss him.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Thanks for the info. I guess there wasn't a cart for Vyxin to tow Kent on, and Heaven forbid he should WALK. (Not going to miss him.)
    Specifically, they took a cab, when the instructions clearly stated they needed to walk to the pit stop. They also went by several teams who were walking while riding in their cab, and yet it never occurred to them that maybe there was a reason for that (though Vyxsin did say she had a "bad feeling" which Kent poo-pooed; neither of them bothered to recheck the clue, but I'm not sure that would have made a difference, because once they got in the cab, they had an unfair advantage, even if they didn't take it all the way to the pit stop).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. The more he screamed to be pulled back up, the more she kept lowering him. I figured she was hoping he'd get stuck down there and she could continue the race with the guy they were rescuing instead.

Did anyone else gasp in disbelief when Kent told Vyxsin that he was always positive while racing. Seriously? He whined constantly. Not that she was terribly positive either, but she wasn't claiming to be Polly Positive either.
    I have to admit I laughed at the first comment, but agree Vyxsyn would've been better off with him in the race.

Unfortuantely though they were telegraphing a tad to much that the goths were going to leave. Just the interviews told a little too much - they had too much makeup on, particularly Vyxsyn, and she had the nose ring.

I will not miss them, and I'm glad their mistake saved Z/J, though I cannot for the life of me figure out why Z/J and G/M chose the obviously harder task on the mountain. Digging anything out of the snow is hard enough, but at altitude? That's way worse. Unless both members of a team were really claustrophobic, the other was a better choice.
    I think in the case of Zev and Justin it was claustrophobia. While some who have autism or aspergers can feel comfortable with tight spaces, that is not always on the case. Plus, there is no way that Zev would've been able to pick up Justin with the crane on the flip side.

Gary and Mallory - I can only think of the thinner air, but that didn't stop the others from doing the challenge.

I *Was* a bit surprised though the GTs were able to do the challenge, though I do think they had a weight limit and Nate had to be the one who entered the crevasse as Herb (?) is 275 pounds.

And how come nobody played with the adorable St. Bernard at the pit stop?
    Probably because the adorable St. Bernard nearly took out the taller of the two Globetrotters jumping on him.

On a more serious note though, they probably didn't want the dog to become *too* comfortable with someone other than their fellow worker so he could continue to be a strong service dog. You don't want a dog to obey commands from someone other than you in an emergency situation. It would be similar to the "no petting" rule on service dogs because they're working.

In regard to the whole chocolate fiasco, while I DO feel that the Globetrotter's actions were over the top, I can understand why they were pissed off.

In this particular challenge, they had to paint with chocolate, and from the looks of things had to do EVERYTHING, including the mixing of colors for the face, beard, hat, boots, etc. None of these are easy to do (I've done the Wilton Chocolate melts myself), and then you have to carefully paint the molds in order to have them look perfect with no wibbly wobbly edges or the like. These judges were still quite strict, especially since Belgian (?) chocolate is highly regarded in quality and beauty.

Regardless, this takes an extremely long amount of time, so I can see why they were mad that they'd have to do another one.

Again, I do want to note that I felt the GT's behavior was WAY over the top on Vyxsyn; however, in a race for a million bucks and seeing that these judges were strict (and have been in most of these challenges), I can understand how the heated exchange can happen.

+ Reply to Thread