FORT Fogey

Re: 5/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy444777 View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about
    I'm not convinced that's even a dude.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

Where is Elimination Station footage this year? I always loved that part (like Ponderosa on Survivor)...I'd love to see similar footage of American Idol cast-offs as they prepare for the tour too.

Wish they had stayed over Zev and Justin because they are weak competitors and I want Gary and Mallory to win. Can't stand the Globetrotters or the sisters. Seriously, would the Globetrotters still be in the game if they had not received help from the other teams. If they had to do it all on their own brain power they would be long gone. That and I don't like bullies and they are bullies or at least one half of their team is.

Hope the finale is at least exciting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wish they had stayed over Zev and Justin because they are weak competitors and I want Gary and Mallory to win. Can't stand the Globetrotters or the sisters. Seriously, would the Globetrotters still be in the game if they had not received help from the other teams. If they had to do it all on their own brain power they would be long gone. That and I don't like bullies and they are bullies or at least one half of their team is.

While I do agree there is at least one or two times they'd been at a huge risk of being eliminated had it not been for sheer luck or help (their most recent next to last finish comes to mind), I have to disagree on the "Bullying" comment.

Bullying is threatening, intimidation or the like. Big Easy's comments were loud, brash and obnoxious, but they did NOT threaten Vyxsyn in any way, shape or form. They didn't threaten to try and get her a 30-min. penalty, all that was said was just wait until we beat you to the mat, which they did. That is smack talk, plain and simple.

Then again, I'm sure many will say too that this has happened since the water slide incident and Mika their first season. There was no way she was going to go down the slide, the rules said that if there was another team waiting they had to slide or go to the end of the line, and there was a chance they were in the way of the GT's being in the race or not (which I think was the case) so I can see why they talked her out of going down the slide.

And there will be people saying that Vyxsyn was intimidated - here I also disagree. She completed the mold before the GT's did, or at least had hers cool down faster than the GT's did, so that is a non issue - it didn't really impede her abilities.

I would say this to any team that is this way - not just the Globetrotters. And, in fairness to the GTs, the Goths acted and behaved in a similar manner, just not to either's faces. As much as I hate saying it, I'd rather any type of condescending remarks/smack talk be done to the people, not post show or in Private interviews.

We'll have to wait and get the other side of the story before I make any further comments on the issue. If the GTs are as bad as they appear to be in this leg, then yeah, I'll apologize. Until then, I'm going to play fair is fair on all parties.

As someone who was bullied at school, and has been harassed at work, I can say that it doesn't matter whether the other person flat out threatens you. What matters is that you feel intimidated. Having a man 2-3 times bigger than me proclaiming loudly how lousy I was would certainly make me feel intimidated and harassed. I don't care what else you call it, there's no excuse for it.

I also agree with the brainpower comment. Wasn't it two challenges where they were just handed the answer? The first one was hard mentally, and the other one was hard physically in that you had to use up all that time redoing it if you failed. As we saw with the Cowboys, doing either of those challenges honestly might have eliminated them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I don't see Zev and Justin as weak competitors at all. They have come in first place a few times now at the pit stops. They ate all that cheese, Justin was the first one to get the number right off the odometer, etc, etc. You can't be weak and pull all that off.

I think the GTs are just crazy competitive. I don't know if I would go so far as calling them bullies as they did feel that someone was trying to screw with them. Bullies just bully because they can, not because you've supposedly done something to them.

I don't really like the sisters all that much either TBH. G&M have slowly grown on me over the season, though I couldn't stand Mallory at the beginning.

This is why I wish that TAR would have some kind of after the race get together shown with questions for the racers. It would help to get a little more insight in to racers and the race itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't see Zev and Justin as weak competitors at all. They have come in first place a few times now at the pit stops. They ate all that cheese, Justin was the first one to get the number right off the odometer, etc, etc. You can't be weak and pull all that off.

I think the GTs are just crazy competitive. I don't know if I would go so far as calling them bullies as they did feel that someone was trying to screw with them. Bullies just bully because they can, not because you've supposedly done something to them.

I don't really like the sisters all that much either TBH. G&M have slowly grown on me over the season, though I couldn't stand Mallory at the beginning.

This is why I wish that TAR would have some kind of after the race get together shown with questions for the racers. It would help to get a little more insight in to racers and the race itself.
    I wish Kent and Vyxin had stayed over Zev and Justine because Kent and Vyxin are weak competitors.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-07-2011 at 01:30 PM.

mesachick, jadewarlock,

Believe me that was bullying. And yes it messed up Vyxin and yes it is something she will remember for a long time. I have seen people use that tactic of yelling loudly like that to accuse someone without any evidence.

I wish Kent and Vyzxin had stayed because they are weak competitors.
    Oh ugh, sorry I misread the thread.

mesachick, jadewarlock,

Believe me that was bullying. And yes it messed up Vyxin and yes it is something she will remember for a long time. I have seen people use that tactic of yelling loudly like that to accuse someone without any evidence.
    I don't think there is any doubt that Vyxsin felt bullied. She cried for heavens sake.

+ Reply to Thread