+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    This wasn't the first episode with the sharing of answers, so I don't get why y'all are bent out of shape about it now. The cowboys themselves admitted that they hadn't had much interaction with the other teams -- that was their downfall. I don't mind at all that they are gone.
    I have been upset by the sharing of answers all along, as have many people.

I think the the combination of physical tasks and mental tasks, and sometimes the choice between the two allows for a wider variety of racers to be competitive, because those who are good physically may not be so good at the mental tasks and vice versa. That way we don't just get the most physically gifted teams always way ahead or winning.

However, if the physically gifted teams are given the answers to the more mental tasks and therefore don't have to preform them, that gives them an unfair advantage. The more mentally gifted teams can't have the physical tasks performed by others for them, so I don't believe teams should be able to be given the answers to challenges either.

I like that we can have different age groups and abilities competing together, but the answer sharing threatens to eliminate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I'm confused by all of this sharing of the answers and skipping the task. How many times have teams received penalties at the mat for not completing a task or not following directions correctly? Sharing information and completely skipping a roadblock or challenge should definitely be penalities for both the team sharing and the team skipping. BIG dark cloud of this season...

Next gripe... Why have a U-Turn at the end of a leg? There was no chance that a u-turned team could make up the time. Put it somewhere in the middle of a leg so a team has a smidgen of a chance at catching up and overcoming it. Blah!

BYE Cowboys--love you guys!!
    ITA having the U-turn at the end gave them absolutely no chance of catching up. With the NEL last week knew they were done for when they got it.
    Hated to see them go, they were my favs. Wanted to see them make the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    No, but I get an unpleasant vibe off of them that I find far more objectionable than any whiny crabbiness. Honestly, I find it so rank and almost palpable that I am just as surprised this go 'round as I was the last time they ran that they have such a devoted fanbase. And I really can't object to the whiny crabbiness since I have, myself, indulged in whining or crabbiness when I've been tired on the road.

ETA: Yay! I know I'm alone in this, but yay!

I don't get it - just what do you find objectionable about them?

Quote Originally Posted by pir8lady View Post
    Long time lurker here - love this board and TAR. Sad to see the Cowboys go, navigating has never been their strong suit. Agree that answer sharing should have some sort of penalty. I wonder if Jett had any idea he was the only one that had to start again. Kent is so whiny, wow, can't believe she told him to get on the cart so she could pull him! Ok, feel better now, back to lurking again.

That was hilarious!! What a weenie Kent is!

Quote Originally Posted by princess07 View Post
    So does sharing directions to a particluar place included in these new rules?
    They're referring to individual/team tasks here, not route info. If people are dumb enough to get other to the location of a RB/Detour, then I say let them blow it.

Most of us are referring to individual challenges such as the biking on this one. Getting the answers here saved two-three teams from having to go back because all were lost. Only the cowboys and Zev/Justin did this route for sure 100 percent correctly. Jen would've had to go back, the GT would've had to go back, and I think Vyxsyn would've had to go back. I do not know about Gary.

That's three teams who should've been challenging the cowboys in the rerun of that particular section because they did have the wrong answers, and it's why people are upset about the odometer.

Giving assistance to a location - such as what you're mentioning, is stupid at best, costing you the game worst (this has happened).

Giving the answer to let a team advance to get rid of another player - which is this case - is unfair and probably in the future will become against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    This has been a question I've wanted answered, but so far no response. I can see all teams have their attractors and detractors, but usually I don't receive the reason why on many.

Frankly, I find all teams annoying/positive on many levels each season. Even this year, I find annoying aspects with each. From the final six:

Zev/Justin - sometimes they do tend to have a frat boy vibe with the belching and the like. True, Zev's Asperger's comes into play, but even without you get those details.

Cowboys - Sometimes the "Aw Shucks" bit got annoying, and trying to keep their true emotions within themselves led to some aggravation. Ex. Last night on the U-Turn, you knew that they wanted to say some cuss word in frustration (even if Damn), and were pissed that the U-Turn was at the location to get to the pit stop, the so close/so far response - but tried to keep their emotions in check because they were still racing.

Kisha/Jen - too many jokes regarding food and bodily functions during the past two challenges. Yes, we get that you lost the first race because one of you took a potty break in China.

Gary/Mallory - Mallory's got the one TV show host from last season beat on spunky, and this is saying something. Gary tries to hard to be the hero, i.e. the Ferris wheel food challenge. That's not healthy for him long term.

GT's - They tend to do too much "in your face" at times. Thankfully they showed the cowboys respect when they U-Turned them because it was a race. They were not as such with Jamie and Cara earlier in the season.

Kent/Vyxsin - Well, they're my least favorite team, so the positive goes here. I like how Vyxsin is sticking it out and being the man of the team. She goes out of her way to keep Kent going, though at times you feel like he flat out wants to quit the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    As I said, I get a vibe and I don't think that they're "good guys". As I've yet to be proven wrong on anyone I've ever gotten that negative vibe from, either on a reality show or in reality life, I'm not going to second guess myself just because everyone else thinks that they're the bees knees.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    This has been a question I've wanted answered, but so far no response. I can see all teams have their attractors and detractors, but usually I don't receive the reason why on many.

Frankly, I find all teams annoying/positive on many levels each season. Even this year, I find annoying aspects with each. From the final six:

Zev/Justin - sometimes they do tend to have a frat boy vibe with the belching and the like. True, Zev's Asperger's comes into play, but even without you get those details.

Cowboys - Sometimes the "Aw Shucks" bit got annoying, and trying to keep their true emotions within themselves led to some aggravation. Ex. Last night on the U-Turn, you knew that they wanted to say some cuss word in frustration (even if Damn), and were pissed that the U-Turn was at the location to get to the pit stop, the so close/so far response - but tried to keep their emotions in check because they were still racing.

Kisha/Jen - too many jokes regarding food and bodily functions during the past two challenges. Yes, we get that you lost the first race because one of you took a potty break in China.

Gary/Mallory - Mallory's got the one TV show host from last season beat on spunky, and this is saying something. Gary tries to hard to be the hero, i.e. the Ferris wheel food challenge. That's not healthy for him long term.

GT's - They tend to do too much "in your face" at times. Thankfully they showed the cowboys respect when they U-Turned them because it was a race. They were not as such with Jamie and Cara earlier in the season.

Kent/Vyxsin - Well, they're my least favorite team, so the positive goes here. I like how Vyxsin is sticking it out and being the man of the team. She goes out of her way to keep Kent going, though at times you feel like he flat out wants to quit the season.
    My least favorite team, mainly due to Kent always giving up and constant whinning. If they win all the money should go to Vyxin because she is the stronger partner mentally and physically, and if not for her Kent would have quit ages ago.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sorry to see the Cowboys go but they never seemed to get their act together and race as well as they did during their first season. What was pretty obvious was that all the other teams felt that they were threat and all would be glad to see them gone, therefore the info sharing. It is pretty obvious that in some cases the Globetrotters share with teams they see as weaker so there is more potential for the stronger teams to fall behind. Now that there are only 5 teams left the Globetrotters are the big physical threat and I can see that there might be less info sharing among teams. I hope that there are some serious water challenges ahead just to see Keshia and her sister have a meltdown.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    As I said, I get a vibe and I don't think that they're "good guys". As I've yet to be proven wrong on anyone I've ever gotten that negative vibe from, either on a reality show or in reality life, I'm not going to second guess myself just because everyone else thinks that they're the bees knees.
    I don't think they're the bees knees personally, they're human and have issues like all of us. And in the case of Zev with his aspergers', I see some of them possibly relating to Cord having a near-fatal accident in the rodeo a few years back. To me they seem more reserved and know not to be too personable because they've seen how the media can manipulate it.

I also can get a pretty good assessment of people, and I don't see them as negative, nor "good guys" - just a team that had a lots of humor and appreciated what they saw, and had issues with some aspects. (I personally think that in their final comments last night at the U-turn and especially after they were eliminated feel like they were pissed off themselves that at least several teams didn't do the challenge properly but got the answer because the first team did it right, but they did it right, including going back to the start and going back).

That said, I do have a knee-jerk reaction to it because we've had issues with people using something that was allegedly said after the race as a way to label the cowboys when NO ONE save one person who has issues of their own that season verified it.

+ Reply to Thread