+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Long time lurker here - love this board and TAR. Sad to see the Cowboys go, navigating has never been their strong suit. Agree that answer sharing should have some sort of penalty. I wonder if Jett had any idea he was the only one that had to start again. Kent is so whiny, wow, can't believe she told him to get on the cart so she could pull him! Ok, feel better now, back to lurking again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The Cowboys have been excluded from clue/answer sharing since the first/second episode. I do feel bad for them because of this...but they always get in trouble when navigation is involved, so I'm not surprised that they didn't make the final three.
    I totally agree that navigation skills have never been their strong point, and if they'd lost because of that, I'd have been fine with it. But others had clearly gotten lost, lost their maps etc. on that task too, and not having the answer handed to them is what put the Cowboys behind. The fact that they were still that close until the u-turn speaks to how strong they were as competitors even with that obvious disadvantage. If no answers had been exchanged, it might very well have been another team that was sent home.

I wonder if Phil knew what had happened, because he seemed really upset at the mat, and I don't think he would have been if the Cowboys had lost solely because they had navigation issues.

FORT Fogey

I just realized I've been getting Mallory's dad's name wrong all night. Sorry about that.

"You hit my ankle with the cart!"

Yes, I'm only halfway through it.

And for Z/J, . Do they have to eat the bread? Because bread is really filling. I think maybe they should have just tried to drink the cheese?

FORT Fogey

My guess is that they did have to eat the bread too, since fondue isn't just about the cheese.

I'm also not sure they could have picked the fondue pot up anyway, since it would be hot, and they only had forks for the bread as opposed to spoons, so just slurping up the cheese might have been impossible.

I sure would have been soaking as much cheese up per piece of bread as possible, however.

And I hate to think what that much cheese and bread could do to their systems. Ewww.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    "You hit my ankle with the cart!"

Yes, I'm only halfway through it.

And for Z/J, . Do they have to eat the bread? Because bread is really filling. I think maybe they should have just tried to drink the cheese?
    I wondered about that myself. I suppose since it was fondue, the true way to eat it was with bread. But I would have been getting lots of cheese with each bread piece...maybe even double and triple dipping, just to maximize the cheese portion.
    Last edited by fijibeachbum; 04-24-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Really sorry to see the cowboys leave Only teams left that I like are the GT and Kisha/Jen, but I really didn't like the attitude of shunning them this episode. I've long hated the rule in TAR that lets teams work together on a challenge or share answers that let's the other team basically skip the challenge as a whole (as we already saw happen this season already).

I am disgusted with the cheating going on with all the free answer sharing! This is not a fair way to go in my book.
    The AR is not looking very amazing at this point!

The GTs had to go ahead and uturn the cowboys even when the GTs knew the cowboys were last and would be eliminated? Phil was frowning over this, and so am I!

Lousy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Wonder how many others would have had to go back and try again if they didn't cheat?
    I know. Then this whole leg would have really been a contest. I bet there were others who had the wrong answer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    I am disgusted with the cheating going on with all the free answer sharing! This is not a fair way to go in my book.
    The AR is not looking very amazing at this point!

The GTs had to go ahead and uturn the cowboys even when the GTs knew the cowboys were last and would be eliminated? Phil was frowning over this, and so am I!

Lousy!!!
    I suspect the GTs knew the Cowboys were hot on their heels, and all it would take is for them to get the wrong cab driver or get slightly lost on the way to the pitstop to lose. At least that's what I'd like to think was going through their minds, because they seriously had to know that if it came to a foot race, the GTs are one of the few teams the Cowboys wouldn't be able to beat, as the GTs strides have to be about twice as long as the Cowboys and the GTs have to be able to run to be on the Globetrotters in the first place.

It doesn't bother me so much that they u-turned them. It does bother me that they shared answers, especially when FT knew at that point that Jett was already having to go back and do the task over, and he still gave the answer to Gary, claiming that Gary needed some sort of advantage over Jett when he already had one.

And isn't this the second time the GTs have benefitted from having an answer handed to them? Seems to me that puzzle that gave the Cowboys fits in an early leg of the race was giving the GTs trouble too, until J/Z just gave them the answer. Justin needs to start keeping his mouth shut, although at this point, if he does, the other teams will likely resent it.

A number of seasons ago, they instituted a rule that no single member of a team could do all the one person challenges after a husband/wife team won when only one of them did all the challenges. Seems to me this season has shown that they also need to institute a rule that you can't just give or get an answer to a task without incurring a penalty. It's clearly just as much an unfair advantage to get an answer as it is to do any number of things for which such penalties are incurred. And usually when someone incurs a penalty for doing something like taking a cab instead of walking, it's just because they misread the clue. It isn't a deliberate act, which the sharing of answers is.

+ Reply to Thread