+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Interesting to note that the remaining teams feel the same way about the Cowboys that I do.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

If the cowboys catch up, I'll be surprised.

FORT Fogey

Great. Now three other teams have simply been given the answer. That's not fair, and it's not right, and the only reason they're doing it is to try to eliminate a team they think is strong.

One of the reasons I like AR is that it's less riddled with that kind of game playing. If the Cowboys are eliminated by that kind of game play, plus what I suspect will be an inevitable u-turn, they have every right to be annoyed.

I hope next season there are rules about not sharing answers. Sharing information is one thing. Sharing answers is quite another.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    Do these people not understand that this is a contest? I understand helping someone if they're hurt, but not just flat out giving them an answer!
    Apparently not.

Cheese or wheeze

Eat lots of cheese fondue or carry 20 pieces of luggage to 5 different hotels.

Zev and Justin and the sisters choose cheese. Zev wants to try to finish, Justin is not too sure. The sisters decide they want to quit (and poop sooner rather than later) and switch tasks.

Ha! Zev is not too "fondue of this fondue" They are burping their way to finish this! Justin is sick, Zev is plowing along.

Meanwhile the goths are bickering again, while Kent whines....
    Last edited by fijibeachbum; 04-24-2011 at 08:30 PM.

FORT Fogey

You know, I'd understand if the Cowboys had been particularly nasty to other teams or if they'd consistently won legs, but they really haven't been consistently winning, and they've been close to the back of the back plenty of times. We haven't seen them be especially crabby to anyone either.

I had liked, or at least not disliked, any of the teams up to this point (okay, except for K/V because they've been sniping at each other and have been rude to other people, including locals), but handing answers to each other in order to gang up against one other team really doesn't strike me as fair, and I wouldn't care which team was being singled out. It's just a crappy thing to do, and up until this point, not the sort of thing any remaining team seemed much interested in doing.

Ewwww!!! Justin throws up. Gary and Mallory are having trouble putting suitcases on the dolly. And the cowboys are still not there.

And I don't understand the gangup mentality either. I would want to beat the best in order to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    You know, I'd understand if the Cowboys had been particularly nasty to other teams or if they'd consistently won legs, but they really haven't been consistently winning, and they've been close to the back of the back plenty of times. We haven't seen them be especially crabby to anyone either.
    Since other teams amongst those remaining are doing generally better than the Cowboys, but not causing the others to want to push them to the back, I'm going to assume that the remaining competitors get the same bad vibe from the Cowboys that I do. I can't explain it, but I find there to be something intangibly unpleasant about them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Zev and Justin finish about 53 minutes after starting. Zev was the leader. They are first to get the clue for the double uturn. The sisters are a close second.

And Zev and Justin are first to the pitstop and win a Caribbean trip. Their 4th first place win. Zev says they're in the race for the fondue of it.

Kisha and Jen are team number 2.
    Last edited by fijibeachbum; 04-24-2011 at 08:42 PM.

FORT Fogey

I would understand it more if the Cowboys had done something obvious to annoy the rest of the teams or if they were clearly the strongest team there, but they haven't been as overtly rude as, say, K/V, and they're hardly the only strong team left out there. K/J, BE/FT, and J/Z have shown plenty of strength, and even M/K have won legs, though you could argue they're the weakest team left.

Well, at least J/Z and K/J were nice enough not to u-turn anyone.

Can't believe J/Z actually got through all that fondue. That was enough fondue for a family, not two people. Love that Justin is wearing the fondue pot on his head.

Okay, it's their fourth first place, and people are worried about the Cowboys?

+ Reply to Thread