+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Sharing answers is not against the rules. They didn't break the rules. Giving personal items as payment for the cab ride was against the rules. It isn't a matter of wrong/right it is a matter of against the rules/allowed.
    Yes, I know. My point is it should be against the rules. I think it's a far greater sin to give out answers than to use your personal watch as payment for cab fare. Just my opinion.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

People also "forget" that you've helped them in the past and still bite you in the butt first chance they get.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Yes, I know. My point is it should be against the rules. I think it's a far greater sin to give out answers than to use your personal watch as payment for cab fare. Just my opinion.
    I agree, and think this has been the whole point most people are making. We KNOW that currently it's not against the rules to share answers, but given how it was used this way - thanks to a bad idea the producers put in the challenge - it probably should be tweaked as far as giving info in these roadblocks/detours.

If they want to help people to the next route markers, let them. That is just a stupid idea IMHO though, but they should have to stay silent on the challenges because then everyone has to do it and do it properly to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    No, but I get an unpleasant vibe off of them that I find far more objectionable than any whiny crabbiness. Honestly, I find it so rank and almost palpable that I am just as surprised this go 'round as I was the last time they ran that they have such a devoted fanbase. And I really can't object to the whiny crabbiness since I have, myself, indulged in whining or crabbiness when I've been tired on the road.

ETA: Yay! I know I'm alone in this, but yay!
    I am not sure what you mean by an "unpleasant vibe", but from what I see of the Cowboys, they seem to be nice guys. I suspect that Jet is a very introverted person - where Cord is more of an extrovert.

So, for that reason it is possible that Jet is less interested in making friends and could come across as being stuckup. Cord seems to be more out-going and has a good sense of humor. However, for whatever reason, they chose to run both of these races without "budding up" with any of the other contestants, which might have come back to bite them in the end.

I think that if the Cowboys had been rude or unpleasant to the any of the other teams, then we would have at least heard them say so in one of their personal interviews. I can't remember anyone saying anything bad about them - only that they were a strong team.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Rob was smart enough to know the chances of actually finishing the meal (and thanks for the clarification about the meats...I must have blocked that all out...gross!) were slim to none so why waste time trying only to quit later? Lots of people do that and regret it. He was *smart* enough to recognize his weakness and then figure out a way to ensure that others would still be behind him and Amber even if the didn't complete the task and took the penalty instead. I don't think that's lazy, just smart. That was a HUGE amount of rather disgusting food to eat. I wouldn't blame anyone for trying to get out of it.
    Not only was Rob smart to know off the bat that he wouldn't finish the meal, if I recall correctly he made it out of there before those that chose to eat and started ahead of him. Taking a four hour penalty or having to eat for more than four hours straight? I would take the penalty any day! He definitely made the smarter choice.

Referring to a past season, with Rob Mariano: If they wanted it to be a case of eat it or lose, they would not have given it only a penalty. I would have been an outright elimination. People who were working on the challenge were puking. I'm thinking possibly Uchenna is the only one who got through eating it all without puking. And he is a big guy, which usually means they can hold more.

I got no "bad" vibe from the cowboys. I did not see their first season.

I would, at this point, prefer Justin and Zev to win. I just think they're doing the best job, overall, out there. Second choice would be the GT's, although the K/J or G/M would be acceptable. I really don't want K/V to win, mostly because of him. What a drag he is!! Metaphorically and literally. I'd be happy if they won if it would cause Vyxsin to take her half of the money, kick him to the curb, and address whatever psychological flaw allowed her to put up with him for so long.

+ Reply to Thread