+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82

Thread: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey Maybaybie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    973

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Kent went by Kynt in the original race they ran. Goths tend not to use vowels in their names - hence why both have the "sometimes -y" type vowels in their names.

    I have to admit I'm disappointed with the Globetrotter's decision; however, if they caught someone doing it who was decently dressed, they may have seen it as permissible and did it. That doesn't make it right, but I cannot fault them if they saw it and based the choice that way.

    (I also wonder if they have the paid toilets like they did in China and were afraid to get stuck in them).
    I read somewhere (not sure if it's 100% accurate) that Kent's Dad was very upset with the different spelling of his name in the last race and it caused some issues so he decided to use his given name this time.

  2. #72
    FORT Fanatic provenceguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    541

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    I read an interview that said Kynt went back to the original spelling of his name after his father Kent, for whom he was named, died.

  3. #73
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    81

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    I don't know if the food challenge was really as tough as the players made it seem. The wikipedia entry for schnitzel has a picture that looks almost exactly like what they were served. It's a full plate of food, but probably no bigger than a "supersize" at a fast-food emporium. For a million dollars I'd chew faster...
    Schnitzel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  4. #74
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    I don't know if the food challenge was really as tough as the players made it seem. The wikipedia entry for schnitzel has a picture that looks almost exactly like what they were served. It's a full plate of food, but probably no bigger than a "supersize" at a fast-food emporium. For a million dollars I'd chew faster...
    Schnitzel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yeah, but try getting that and a slab of Linzer torte down in 12 minutes. It just took me 23 minutes to eat half a cup of oatmeal.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  5. #75
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    Next week's fondue challenge looks good. I have a feeling they're either eating limburger or some sort of strong wine based cheese and that's causing the reaction.

    Still... they've had some decent and less offensive food challenges this go. I'd eat 2 pounds of limburger before I would eat fried scorpions and starfish.

  6. #76
    FORT Fan Sk8Leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    201

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Next week's fondue challenge looks good. I have a feeling they're either eating limburger or some sort of strong wine based cheese and that's causing the reaction.

    Still... they've had some decent and less offensive food challenges this go. I'd eat 2 pounds of limburger before I would eat fried scorpions and starfish.
    Eww, Limburger!!! It smells so bad! It's the only cheese I wouldn't eat. Although I guess for $1 million, I might try.

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    Eww, Limburger!!! It smells so bad! It's the only cheese I wouldn't eat. Although I guess for $1 million, I might try.
    The Limburger one is a bit odd, but it's possible. I think it'll be though more of a strong cheese with wine added like more traditional fondue.

    And there are probably some who are lactose intolerant so that can cause an issue. I doubt any are allergic to dairy though or they'd made the schnitzel one the big food challenge. (Most people would be able to eat meat - or force themselves to, and less likely an allergy than dairy).

  8. #78
    Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    307

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Do we know for sure that is what Big Easy was doing? Remember editing can be deceiving.
    For what it's worth, he doesn't deny it on his Facebook or Twitter account. In fact, he's joking about it.

  9. #79
    FORT Fanatic momsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    I haven't been to Germany but in Italy it was really hard to find a public washroom to use and most restaurants and business wouldn't allow public access to facilities.

  10. #80
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,180

    Re: 4/17 Show Discussion *****Spoilers*****

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

    So I guess I'm the only K/V fan then?
    Nope. I like them a lot but he did get on my nerves this leg.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.