+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 3/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Don't get me wrong, I love the Amazing Race, but there is one aspect that I really don't like.
    It's when people that are really way behind get back on even footing because either a plane, train, bus or location has a boarding or opening time that allows all to get in the same time.

J/C kept telling the Goths "U-turn the GT's!" Therefore, I thought it was hilarious when Kent realized "Hey, we don't know where the other teams are, but here's one right here!" I thought it was karma for J/C.

I also loved how the Goths really pulled together despite the horrendous setbacks they endured. Kent encouraged Vixyn during her meltdown, she gave him some "tough love" when he wanted to whinge about the pipes, they didn't complain about the penalty, and they maintained their focus on the race instead of tearing each other part. That's a far cry from some other negative teams we've seen (Ron, I'm talking about you).
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

My beloved GT are still in the race. I was so afraid for them when they got the U-turn. Loved when they called C&J "those nasty old red-heads:

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love the Amazing Race, but there is one aspect that I really don't like.
    It's when people that are really way behind get back on even footing because either a plane, train, bus or location has a boarding or opening time that allows all to get in the same time.
    That's always bugged me, too. To see someone really do well and get ahead, and to see someone really screw along and do poorly...only to all be waiting at some depot or airport for the same transportation.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    That's always bugged me, too. To see someone really do well and get ahead, and to see someone really screw along and do poorly...only to all be waiting at some depot or airport for the same transportation.
    I've always wondered why the winners of one leg don't get an advantage at the END of the next leg (say, 30 minutes). [In other words, let's say the situation turns out like this:

1. Team A
    2. Team B 10 min behind
    3. Team C 20 min behind
    4. Team D 40 min behind
    5. Team E 45 min behind, with 30-min advantage

The final placement would end up being A-B-E-C-D; teams B, C, and D would have to wait at the pit stop 30 min or until Team E checked in. Also, the advantage could not be used to jump into first place; if Team E finished second, 15 minutes behind, team A would *still* win the leg.]

Even more evil: imagine having to choose between the prize and the advantage. . . . How many minutes would it need to be for you to say "I'll take the advantage?"
    Last edited by tarfan77; 03-21-2011 at 08:39 PM.

we may not know if R and C got a penalty for taking the wrong bus because sometimes they don't show penalties that do not change the check in order.

And for all those reasons listed above - penalties, teams coming from waaaayyy behind to then having an even start with everyone else is what makes this show "amazing." It's nice watching teams that encourage each other (for the most part). R&C do annoy me and I do hope they are out soon. I love the Globetrotters chill style and I was really glad to see the Goths get back in the game. For their fannypack to have been turned in - that rocked. I still don't know if I believe the "dating" part...
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dicechick View Post
    And for all those reasons listed above - penalties, teams coming from waaaayyy behind to then having an even start with everyone else is what makes this show "amazing." It's nice watching teams that encourage each other (for the most part). R&C do annoy me and I do hope they are out soon. I love the Globetrotters chill style and I was really glad to see the Goths get back in the game. For their fannypack to have been turned in - that rocked. I still don't know if I believe the "dating" part...
    I agree. I love to see teams overcome obstacles and get back on even footing!

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quick question - Why were Jamie and Cara allowed to U-turn the Globetrotters, when in fact they were just U-turned and should have immediately left to do the other task and THEN came back to the U-turn?

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Quick question - Why were Jamie and Cara allowed to U-turn the Globetrotters, when in fact they were just U-turned and should have immediately left to do the other task and THEN came back to the U-turn?
    I wondered that too, but my guess would be either one of two things:

1. They were allowed to because there was a spot available and they were the next team to arrive at the stop, even if they were told to go and do the other challenge. or...

2. They weren't supposed to, and when they did that, they incurred a 30 minute penalty. They just didn't have to use it because they were eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread