+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 05/29 Episode: Cheaters Never Win --- And They Cheated!

Oh yeah, you're right.

Originally posted by Leo
    I wonder what the title refers to - another team who are experts at (mis)reading clues?

“Cheaters Never Win --- And They Cheated!” sounds like a quote from someone gloating when the misreaders were penalized.

If you've never watched TAR before, one thing you might not know...The episode titles are actual quotes said by one of the teams.

So, part of the fun is guessing which team will be responsible for saying the quote. I'm voting for Tian and Jeree.

see, I was thinking the quote may be spoken about them.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by cali
    WooHoo!!!

I'd love to do a monster Zip Line. How awesome would that be?
    Not me, that is the stuff of my nightmares.:

A Question Of Balance... Zdorama's Avatar
    Obviously the powers that be want the viewers to be just as surprised as the contestants...no more predictions by direction of the race...

But MAN if they "zig-zag" around the world they is gonna be some WWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY long flight times in store for the contestants!

Make anyone STIR CRAZY!

From a CBS press release:

TWELVE COUPLES BEGIN THEIR VOYAGE IN A RACE AROUND THE WORLD, IN A SPECIAL 90-MINUTE PREMIERE EPISODE
    OF "THE AMAZING RACE 4," THURSDAY, MAY 29

"Cheaters Never Win and They Cheated!"– Twelve teams start off on the race of a lifetime in a quest for $1 million in a special 90 minute episode of THE AMAZING RACE 4, Thursday, May 29 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

The 12 new teams include circus clowns, a set of moms whose husbands play for the NFL Atlanta Falcons, a couple who have been dating for 12 years and are still virgins, and a pair of models from Miami.

In the premiere episode, the teams set off on the first leg of the race starting at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles before quickly making their way to Milan, Italy. Several teams form alliances with each other, causing tensions to rise, while another team almost misses their opportunity for a night’s sleep. Some teams embrace the thrill of zip gliding, while two other teams question if they can keep up physically with the race. Several twists occur as teams confront major obstacles on the way to the pit stop.

Participants:
    Amanda/Chris Dating
    David/Jeff Best Friends
    Debra/Steve Married Parents
    Jon/Al Clowns
    Kelly/Jon Engaged
    Millie/Chuck Dating 12 Years/Virgins
    Monica/Sheree NFL Wives/Moms
    Reichen/Chip Married
    Russell/Cindy Friends
    Steve/Dave Air Traffic Controllers
    Steve/Josh Father & Son
    Tian/Jaree Friends/Models

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by John
    Any speculation on tasks in Milan? Who's been there, what are the big sights?
    [IMG]images/img/milan.jpg[/IMG] . .

Clockwise: Il Duomo, La Scala, Castello Sforzesco.

I have traveled in Italy but have driven through Milan without actually stopping to enjoy the many things to see and savor there. I am glad that I am getting another chance to do that vicariously through our intrepid TAR teams.

Milano is the fashion capitol of Italy and some would say, the world. The fashion houses set trends with their annual shows that influence styles for years to come.

The cuisine of Milano is world renowned with its influence from the North (Austria once occupied that part of Italy), that meshes and blends beautifully with the already orgasmic Italian food.

There are many museums. Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, for example was founded in the 17th Century where paintings by Caravaggio and Raphael are exhibited. The city is full of fine examples of architecture and galleries that would please any art lover or esthete. Da Vinci's "Last Supper" can be seen at Santa Maria delle Grazie Church.

La Scala is the world renowned Opera House where Verdi established his reputation and Maria Callas sang her way into opera lore. Its rich history is displayed in the attached Museo Teatrale alla Scala.

If our teams had to find their clues at any one of these sites, they might have to avert their eyes, so as not to get distracted by the beauty surrounding them.

From my travels in Italy I remember being thrilled by the natural beauty of the northern regions around the Lake Maggiore and Lake Como areas and the Alps right nearby.

This should be quite a treat.
    Last edited by CaliGirl; 05-25-2003 at 01:23 PM.

I just told one of my friends who will be travelling to the Dolomites about TAR4 premiering Thursday, but had no idea Italy would be the first leg and pit stop!

Los Angeles to Italy first leg?

I read this is how it will begin, i wonder if they will zig zag alot or if they did it this way because of the war...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast