+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I have to disagree about the fanny pack. If I knew I had put it in a specific place and went to get it and it was gone, I would be one unhappy camper. We have seen many racers get eliminated over missing items and trying to retrieve them. The Globetrotters should have put it back one they realized it was not theirs or at least told Ron/Christina. Now with that said...would it have really changed Ron/Christina's position in the race. They were behind the Globetrotters and would have come in the same place. As it stands, the Globetrotters lost 2 positions over their mistake and should accept it and go on. I doubt Ron/Christina will be in the race long with Ron's attitude and I doubt any of the racers will be willing to help them with Ron's attitude.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

The man who got his mirror scratched, broken whatever owes the girls nothing. He is not in a race, and he is entitled to handle the accident the way he sees fit. He owed them no speed at all, and they need to slow down and focus and quit thinking money is all that matters. Luckily it was just a mirror, and not a person they ran into.

Luke is so annoying. I feel for him that he has to express himself other ways than his speaking with his disability, but if he could speak I think he would be a big blabbermouth with as much as he expresses himself. I just do not like he and his mom.

Mel and Mike were very nice guys, but come on this is a redo these two were not fit enough to be here. Those girls did not deserve to move on when they are so careless they get into an accident.

The whole thing with the fanny pack was absoultely ridiculous. The Globetrotters probably did not even remember where they first picked them up at. Aside from telling them of the mistake, I see no big deal in them sticking the packs by Ron's stuff. If Christina should be mad at anyone, it should be her anal complaining useless on this race dad who seems to not be able to figure out anything.

I love Zev and Justin and the Cowboys. My son has Asperger's, and Justin is awesome with Zev. They literally do need someone to walk them through almost all of social stuff. Like my son, Zev seems intelligent, but needs to get led to the problems before he can fix them. Also everything is in a pattern to them in their minds. Zev is going to have problems with anything he cannot make into a pattern. Justin really deserves a lot of credit for being able to focus Zev, and keep coming in first time and time again. Autistic individuals can do things, but it requires some assistance, and in this race it is remarkable what Justin is accomplishing.

I hope the Globetrotters, Cowboys, and Zev and Justin are the last three. I would take Mallory and her dad too.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    They showed two shots of a side mirror - one looked like it just had a bit of a ding at the bottom, the other had the glass completely removed and you could see the black innards of the mirror base. I remember because they showed the little ding first and I didn't think it was a big deal and then they showed the more severe damage shot. Maybe the little ding was on the women's mirror.
    We couldn't see if the whole mirror might have been loose too; that happens a lot. And those things are expensive. Even the little dent would probably require replacement of the entire mirror housing. If it were me, and if my care wasn't otherwise dinged up, I would have filled out a full report too. How did the reds think "insurance would handle it' if there was no report? The man had no way of knowing that they wouldn't tell the insurance company that HE hit them, or otherwise try to get out of paying. I've learned the hard way to ALWAYS call the police no matter how small the accident, if you expect to have your damages paid for. I think the Reds were being childish about the whole thing. Even if I were willing to deal with it privately, it would require the other party speaking my language and being local, nevermind from the same country!

Fanny pack incident? I would have been livid also, because if I knew for a fact I had left it there on the ground, I wouldn't be looking for it in the bathouse or anywhere else. The workers (?) at the waterfall didn't immediately think to look elsewhere either, and I doubt anyone else would. The GT'scould have at least mentioned it to a worker if they didn't want to go back down to the falls, so they could inform Ron and Christina.

Don't like Margie and Luke, nor the redheads. And Justin is great with Zev, but they're kind of boring to me. I'm unimpressed with the cowboys this time; they don't seem to have as much common sense as they did last time .
    I like watching the GT's but am not sure I 'like them. Sometimes I do, sometimes I feel like they are sneaky in a very polite way. I still like the 'Goth" couple, Gary and Mallory, and I did like Mike and his Dad, but they are gone. Surprisingly, I'm liking Keisha and Jen a LOT this time' I hope neiter has to P at a critical point this season.
    I agree that this season is a little dull. A lot of the challenges seem kind of easy compared to seasons past. I'm hoping it packs up pace soon.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    We couldn't see if the whole mirror might have been loose too; that happens a lot. And those things are expensive. Even the little dent would probably require replacement of the entire mirror housing. If it were me, and if my care wasn't otherwise dinged up, I would have filled out a full report too. How did the reds think "insurance would handle it' if there was no report? The man had no way of knowing that they wouldn't tell the insurance company that HE hit them, or otherwise try to get out of paying. I've learned the hard way to ALWAYS call the police no matter how small the accident, if you expect to have your damages paid for. I think the Reds were being childish about the whole thing. Even if I were willing to deal with it privately, it would require the other party speaking my language and being local, nevermind from the same country!

When the ladies said something about "let the insurance handle it," I looked at my hubby (who works in auto insurance) and asked him whether the insurance situation in Japan was likely to be anything like the situation here. Letting the insurance handle it might have been fine if they had a permanent address in Japan for follow-up, or if they could have even communicated with the guy. Had I been him, I'd have been just as insistent that the police needed to be involved. That team really seems to throw off an "entitlement" vibe that I find a bit off-putting.

I do agree that the Globetrotters probably should have put the fanny pack back where they found it, but I don't think they moved it with any evil intent. They may have actually thought it was safer to put it with Ron's stuff in the dressing room, rather than leaving it out in an unguarded area where it could have been stolen or lost again. Ron seems to walk around with an annoyed-at-everything attitude. I hope he is gone next.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Fanny pack incident? I would have been livid also, because if I knew for a fact I had left it there on the ground, I wouldn't be looking for it in the bathouse or anywhere else. The workers (?) at the waterfall didn't immediately think to look elsewhere either, and I doubt anyone else would. The GT'scould have at least mentioned it to a worker if they didn't want to go back down to the falls, so they could inform Ron and Christina.
    Looking back, I can see the reason for the penalty; however, I don't see it nearly as big of a deal as the duo hiding the air pumps for the rickshaws that made it harder for them to be pulled. It's one reason Margie fainted after that task.

Don't like Margie and Luke, nor the redheads. And Justin is great with Zev, but they're kind of boring to me. I'm unimpressed with the cowboys this time; they don't seem to have as much common sense as they did last time .
    Still like Margie - Luke is annoying at times. The redheads (Jamie and Cara) I think are *only* there because one of the TV Shopping Network duo from last season (the runners-up) was pregnant and couldn't compete (They said clearly they wanted to, but one couldn't). And the cowboys I think just need to wake up some.

The others I still generally like or have gotten to like more.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    The man who got his mirror scratched, broken whatever owes the girls nothing. He is not in a race, and he is entitled to handle the accident the way he sees fit. He owed them no speed at all, and they need to slow down and focus and quit thinking money is all that matters. Luckily it was just a mirror, and not a person they ran into.

Mel and Mike were very nice guys, but come on this is a redo these two were not fit enough to be here.
    Totally agree.

Those girls did not deserve to move on when they are so careless they get into an accident.
    Having lived in Europe, I'm willing to give them a break. Driving outside of America is nothing like driving inside of America. I was amazed last season when the contestants simply jumped off a plane in England and managed to make it to the challenge. The entire time we lived in England, my husband did the driving because I was too darn scared of the traffic over there.

The whole thing with the fanny pack was absoultely ridiculous. The Globetrotters probably did not even remember where they first picked them up at. Aside from telling them of the mistake, I see no big deal in them sticking the packs by Ron's stuff. If Christina should be mad at anyone, it should be her anal complaining useless on this race dad who seems to not be able to figure out anything.
    There we'll have to disagree. After watching Z/J get eliminated for losing a passport, I would freak out too if my luggage disappeared. However, I do agree that Ron is extremely irritating. I wish he would get eliminated next.

I love Zev and Justin and the Cowboys. My son has Asperger's, and Justin is awesome with Zev. They literally do need someone to walk them through almost all of social stuff. Like my son, Zev seems intelligent, but needs to get led to the problems before he can fix them. Also everything is in a pattern to them in their minds. Zev is going to have problems with anything he cannot make into a pattern. Justin really deserves a lot of credit for being able to focus Zev, and keep coming in first time and time again. Autistic individuals can do things, but it requires some assistance, and in this race it is remarkable what Justin is accomplishing.
    I work with Autistic children, and have a friend whose adult son has Asperger's. Therefore, I totally agree with the above. I think it's really neat that Z/J are running the race at all, much less doing it twice.

I hope the Globetrotters, Cowboys, and Zev and Justin are the last three. I would take Mallory and her dad too.
    Same here!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I am not thrilled with fanny-gate either. They obviously didn't mean any harm. I guess I see why they might be penalized but I didn't like all the fuss Christina made of it. The pouting was a bit much, yes? I understand the initial panic but once it was all resolved, the rest was just annoying to me. I had hoped they would have dealt with it smarter. You don't want to make enemies on this race.

What if the roles were switched? If the unpopular Ron & Christina had misplaced the popular GT's fanny pack, would people be cheering had R/C gotten a penalty?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

If the Globetrotters got as mad as Ron and Christina I would think they were over reacting too. I understand they made a mistake, but it really is unreasonable to not believe that they picked the packs up and did not remember where they grabbed them. I believe that if production sees something like that, it should be pointed out and fixed as it has nothing to do with the race at all. If someone intentionally does something yes a penalty should be given, but if it is an honest mistake, production should fix it and let the racers move on.

I feel that Ron made the bigger mistake because instead of breathing and not panicking he was running around crazy and the packs were right by his stuff the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    What if the roles were switched? If the unpopular Ron & Christina had misplaced the popular GT's fanny pack, would people be cheering had R/C gotten a penalty?
    No actually - I'd been saying that it's an honest mistake, they still could find it, and no harm was caused to the other team save a few minutes.

In short, I'd say the penalty was unfair.

The only time I'd say a penalty like this was fair is if and only if it causes harm to another team, such as Margie fainting after pulling a rickshaw with flat tires. She had to pull that because a team hid the air pumps - and if it was severe enough, she could've been pulled from the race.

+ Reply to Thread