+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2/27 Show ****Spoilers****

Re: 2/27 Show ****Spoilers****

Quote Originally Posted by weizer2 View Post
    I don't know why anyone would like the Cowboys. They are homophobic and called gay people fa**gots during their season. I wish it wasn't true but it is and I can't condone this type of behavior.
    Actually, this is hearsay from one of the team members who won that one of the two said this during the after show party. They didn't do it during the show itself, and trust me if they said it during the actual race it'd been put in the actual show. This goes especially true given they were not happy with the winning team bending if not flat out breaking a rule about flying - even for a short time - in first class to gain an advantage and win.

Given I've only heard the winners say this, and Caite's comment was rather dismissed (never mind that a. it was aired - which they ignore, and b. Carol and Brandy actually said a lot worse about her), it's hard to take it too seriously.

Besides - 1. no one is perfect, including opinions and 2. it's comments like this that only create more problems. (This is not an excuse BTW, it's a fact of life I wish more people everywhere would realize).

Mind you, you are like all of us free to express your opinion, and no, the cowboys are not my favorite team either (I like the Globetrotters and have gotten to like Kent and Vyxyn, whom I didn't get to see their original season) but I'd rather set the record straight here in regard to the comments about this issue post the original season Jet and Cord were on.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 03-01-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Maybe this will sound nitpicky, but does anybody know whether the show could have had them apply to the American Embassy for an emergency passport? I have a friend from South Africa, and she once had difficulties with her passport when she tried to fly out of New York. The SA embassy was able to get her a new one within 48 hrs. Is the show on that tight of a schedule? If so, then I'm kind of glad Z & J won a leg on the 2nd go-round.
    It's that tight - the ONLY chance they'd have there is if they do one of their 24/36-hour stays, which while rare do happen. (they also, however, have had them as short as 12-hour rests and some obviously extended legs) Sad to say, so far every one who has lost their passport has not been in one of those stops.

2. I also wondered why nobody wanted to do the natural challenge. Even before C & A did it relatively quickly, I remember thinking that it sounded easier. You're basically fingerpainting like you did back in kindergarten.
    I think a lot of it had to be they would have to sip and spit out clay and other ingredients in the paint. Given they use natural dyes, they probably thought of some of the more potentially nasty things that could be in there and possibly swallowed.

Add to it they had to do an sprayout of their hands too, that could play a factor. Daintier hands would have an advantage here for being tiny.

While it is indeed an easier challenge (though the Globetrotters would've had fun given their hands are large), the health potential probably would factor in. That said, given some of the foods I've seen in this show (2 pounds caviar, the live octopi, the foods in China such as fried scorpion) This shouldn't surprise anyone.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Actually, this is hearsay from one of the team members who won that one of the two said this during the after show party. They didn't do it during the show itself, and trust me if they said it during the actual race it'd been put in the actual show. This goes especially true given they were not happy with the winning team bending if not flat out breaking a rule about flying - even for a short time - in first class to gain an advantage and win.

Given I've only heard the winners say this, and Caite's comment was rather dismissed (never mind that a. it was aired - which they ignore, and b. Carol and Brandy actually said a lot worse about her), it's hard to take it too seriously.

Besides - 1. no one is perfect, including opinions and 2. it's comments like this that only create more problems. (This is not an excuse BTW, it's a fact of life I wish more people everywhere would realize).

Mind you, you are like all of us free to express your opinion, and no, the cowboys are not my favorite team either (I like the Globetrotters and have gotten to like Kent and Vyxyn, whom I didn't get to see their original season) but I'd rather set the record straight here in regard to the comments about this issue post the original season Jet and Cord were on.
    I'm sorry Jadewarlock, but opinions define one's character. Comments made by the Cowboys calling someone a fa**got is simply not acceptable. It's been proven they said this (see my quote) so I hope they lose big time. The Cowboy's are horrible people.

I'm sorry Jadewarlock, but opinions define one's character. Comments made by the Cowboys calling someone a fa**got is simply not acceptable. It's been proven they said this (see my quote) so I hope they lose big time. The Cowboy's are horrible people.
    How was it "proven?"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

I was seriously unimpressed with D & J during that season. They came across as shallow and immature, and cheating (IMO) did nothing to improve their rep with me. Until I hear other sources confirm it, I will not consider it "proven." Better yet, let them run to a major source like People magazine and dare to put it out there for the entire country to read.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

The only people whom I've heard them say this is allegedly by the team who was supposedly offended, and Caite, whom we all know had this issue on the show itself.

That's where I have the beef with the whole thing - if it were others or a valid source confirming it, I'd take it with more salt. (And it's also been said that through it all - even this controversy, the cowboys have said respected the winning team).

On a personal note, I've been called this and am straight, so yes, I know what it feels like. IF, and I do stress that, it was said, and others heard it besides those three, yes, it bothers me (though I've heard worse said by other teams whom I also respect). I'm just saying that we need to take it with a grain of salt.

???????????

But, this issue is neither here nor there - as I've said we all have our favorites on this show. I'd personally rather focus on it instead of a couple of seasons ago - including the winning duo's bending the rules to gain an advantage and win.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 03-02-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Meanwhile, despite a CBS publicists’ pathetic effort to get them to not talk about things outside of the lame, noncontroversial stuff (“Let’s talk about their strategic play on the show”), Dan and Jordan told Reality TV World that cowboy Jet has a problem with gay people.

Interestingly, Jordan defends Caite (“She definitely is not homophobic”) and Caite’s response to Carol and Brandy (he said that when he challenged her on the race about U-Turning Carol and Brandy, he wasn’t accusing her). Instead, the brothers say that Jet is actually the one who made homophobic comments about the lesbian team and now, about him.

Dan said, “Jet hates gays, yeah,” and Jordan said that “he made comments about Carol and Brandy on the show.” Dan added that “Jet called Jordan a ‘fag’ Saturday night for absolutely no reason and Jordan just said hello to him, so there was something on the Race and I guess, in all fairness, there’s some stuff that isn’t shown and I think it’s an important thing to get out. Because I don’t think there’s any doubt that certain things happened and it all plays a part in everyone’s reaction. … I think there’s some animosity but it really goes one-way.”
    sounds ike heresay from bitter people.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345