+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Hmm. It seems that all but two teams and the cowboys asked for the answer and got it from the others. Also the collaborations are with teams they ran with previously. Maybe they should have limited the number to one team per season.
    I have to admit, I was uncomfortable with all of the teams who asked for help. That being said, I felt really badly that the cowboys didn't think to ask anyone. I really like them so I'll cry if they're eliminated on the very first leg.

Even though they had to land for a medical emergency, I rather enjoyed the fact that right off the bat timetables were screwed up. Also...do you realize how far it is to travel by car from Palm Springs to LA International through traffic? Yikes! They must have been on the freeways at least two hours. Ontario International would have been closer, but maybe they don't handle Quantas.
    Having flown most of my life, I always found it unusual that nothing ever happened to the AR flights. It was interesting to see "real life" finally intrude. And it was fun to see the first group lose their lead. I thought it was really cool when Big Easy put the emphasis on the victim.

I used to work for an airline out at Denver, and one day my co-workers and I challenged each other to see who had traveled on the longest single flight. The winner was a ramp agent who had flown from Denver to Sydney, which he said took 20 hours. Yikes. And I thought spending 6 hours in a plane to England was bad.

I'm so glad to see Kynt and Vyxin, and so happy to see they haven't changed in the last couple of years. They are a hoot. The cowboys were my favorites on their race, but I don't know how far they will go if the challenges involve brain power. I guess we wait to see if they can catch up and pass the last team.

I want to go on the 16ft sailboats. That looked really cool.
    That's exactly what I told hubby!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer5CA View Post
    Does the frenzied "background music" bother anyone? It seems more like "front ground music" this season. I imagined a conductor totally worn out leading the symphony. I know it wore me out. lol I wish they would tone it down a little.
    I wondered why I felt so hyper half-way through the show. You are right the music was frenzied...hurry up, hurry up. By the end of the show I wanted to turn it off just so I could unwind.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Not a bad first episode, even though I couldn't see a lot of it due to my paralyzing phobia of sharks. As soon as I saw they were going to Australia, I predicted they'd be swimming with sharks. They did it in season 4, and also in the first season of TAR Asia, who did it in the exact same aquarium. Well, att least the aerial shots of Australia were beautiful.

Cool to see a super leg on the very first episode too, I always like having more than just one hour to get to see teams. I hope the goths and cowboys recover from their setbacks, and also agree with those not liking Zev & Justin, or at least just Justin. I'm still bleh on Margie & Luke, but I did notice Luke and Jen standing together while waiting on Margie and Kisha in the Roadblock, so it's nice to see these teams seem to have buried the hatchet on their ridiculous squabble during their season.

I, for one, don't like to see the Globethrotters back, because I don't like to see people who quit the race on what was supposed to be a fairly simple task get a second shot. Ron looks like he'll be showing his true colors yet again, the very reason I never liked him, and Jaime... my gosh, she barely opens her mouth and I can see the nasty spewing out. Hate her all over again.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I wondered why I felt so hyper half-way through the show. You are right the music was frenzied...hurry up, hurry up. By the end of the show I wanted to turn it off just so I could unwind.
    Thank you for the welcome!

The natural drama of the race has always been exciting enough for me. I think the music might even be okay if it wasn't so loud.

Right after the TAR we watched The Worst Cooks in America and noticed the same type of frenetic music, tho not as much, or as loud. We then finished the evening with the second installment of The Atlanta Housewive's reunion. No music, but lots of fighting. Whew! I was ready for a Xanax.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    My point is that Big Easy and FT are not a weak team either so why give them a clue!?
    The Globetrotters are a very weak team when it comes to solving puzzles and all the other teams are aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Margie and Luke are not a weak team. Their season proved how strong Margie was, I am sure she still is. Remembering them from their season I would not tell them anything. It is hard to tell from my typing, I did not and still do not like Margie and Luke, at least their behavior.
    Oh thank goodness someone else said that! I didn't want to be the only one! I just can't take all the whining they do. I don't find them enjoyable at all.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

The idea of giving the less physical teams an opportunity to balance the race by solving logic problems is thrown out the window when other teams can simply be given the answers.

You're not allowed to do a physical task in place of another team, you shouldn't be allowed to do a mental one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    The idea of giving the less physical teams an opportunity to balance the race by solving logic problems is thrown out the window when other teams can simply be given the answers.

You're not allowed to do a physical task in place of another team, you shouldn't be allowed to do a mental one either.
    (And not just for the Globetrotters, but for all the teams who got the answer from somebody else.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    (And not just for the Globetrotters, but for all the teams who got the answer from somebody else.)
    Double Ditto, Duckyface and Babbred!

I think working together, following each other, pointing someone in the right direction is one thing.

But just giving them the answers outright is just wrong!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678