+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I like them, but you're right, that just isn't right. But hey, it will be fun if they beat the ones that gave it to them, right?
    I like them too, but they didn't even try to solve the problem on their own. They just ran to ask someone else for the answer. I wouldn't have minded if they'd given them a hint nearly as much as I minded them just being given the answer. As someone else pointed out, the Globetrotters are a strong team, especially physically. The mental puzzles are meant to even the playing field for the teams who are better at that and weaker physically (or so I'm assuming). For a team that's good at puzzles to just give them the answer is stupid, because there's only so much Flight Time and Big Easy could really do to help them in a physical task.

I wanna go to Australia and swim with the sharks. That looks so cool.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I wanna go to Australia and swim with the sharks. That looks so cool.
    I'd love to just go to Australia (I'll skip swimming with the sharks; any fun activities with koala bears? That's more my speed).

Me either. I wasn't excited about this one, either. However, I'm liking it now because I've seen each team at work before, already know their names, and don't have to read the screen all the time to figure out who they are. There's a silver lining to this because Amazing Race can move sooooo fast!
    It's why I wish TAR could be, at the very least, 90 minutes for the premiere (or 2 hours). Unlike Survivor and Big Brother, which could also use extended premieres for the sake of getting to know the cast, TAR does move so quickly because of the fact that it's an international race. Especially the first episode. I obviously want to see the cast and get to know faces (not meet a team in the final 3 that I don't remember from the beginning) but I hate missing the locations, too. I think TAR does better on focusing on all the teams for the most part, whereas some other shows focus on just a few select people from the start. This is the first episode of TAR I enjoyed in quite awhile. Last season was really good, better than seasons 14-16 for me, and I hope this AS is equally as good. I don't care about any teams making it except Gary/Mallory, the cowboys, and Kisha/Jen (since I have the kiss of death they're probably all screwed ), but the only teams I wouldn't miss at this point are Zev/Justin, Mel/Mike, and Ronald (can Christina be the 3rd team mate with Gary/Mallory?)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cerveza View Post
    Yea, but half of the teams were also just given the answer. hrmph. And good thing this is non elim because the Cowboys really blew this leg.

oh jeebers, next week the cowboys are still working on that flipping clue...
    FWIW, though, given the history of the show, that probably means Jet will figure it out about 90 seconds in. . . .

DCBelleonWheels

I'm glad to see Jet and Cord again. They're fun. I would also liked to have seen Ken and Tina from Season 13 (I think). A little tired of Gary and Mallory already, though.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=karalott;4201780]I'd love to just go to Australia (I'll skip swimming with the sharks; any fun activities with koala bears? That's more my speed).

Did you know koala bears spend a great deal of their time sleeping because eucalyptus is a sort of natural sedative? At least that's what they told me at the Columbus zoo....

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb View Post
    Me neither. Also their logic is at fault. You should help a weaker team (like Maggie and Luke did), not another alpha men team that can beat you easily.
    Margie and Luke are not a weak team. Their season proved how strong Margie was, I am sure she still is. Remembering them from their season I would not tell them anything. It is hard to tell from my typing, I did not and still do not like Margie and Luke, at least their behavior.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by cerveza View Post
    And once again Flight Time (or Big Easy?) is the voice of reason.
    The taller and heavier (in this I mean muscular) of the two is Big Easy I believe, as the Globetrotters tend to have names that will parody or highlight their traits. (Of course, this could mean too I'm wrong - though I do think I saw Big in an actual game when they were at my college )

I do agree however, that he was the voice of reason in this case - a million dollars isn't compared to the poor man having a heart attack. It was more important that said man was OK.

I'm loving the season so far, and think the U-Turn at the beginning is inspired. These are afterall seasoned racers, so why not have this weird twist thrown in there?

And - note one very interesting thing they mention about the express pass: It can be used in ANY stage this go apparently (though I would believe that the final leg it's out of play because the team could try to keep it until the end and get out of the final challenge. That wouldn't be fair). So, it would be an advantage to hold onto it as long as possible because I think the challenges must be very difficult this time.

(BTW, I really do think they're going to have the dreaded haybale challenge or its equivalent, i.e. when they had the digging for clues one time that eliminated another team some years ago).

Hmm. It seems that all but two teams and the cowboys asked for the answer and got it from the others. Also the collaborations are with teams they ran with previously. Maybe they should have limited the number to one team per season.

Even though they had to land for a medical emergency, I rather enjoyed the fact that right off the bat timetables were screwed up. Also...do you realize how far it is to travel by car from Palm Springs to LA International through traffic? Yikes! They must have been on the freeways at least two hours. Ontario International would have been closer, but maybe they don't handle Quantas.

I'm so glad to see Kynt and Vyxin, and so happy to see they haven't changed in the last couple of years. They are a hoot. The cowboys were my favorites on their race, but I don't know how far they will go if the challenges involve brain power. I guess we wait to see if they can catch up and pass the last team.

I want to go on the 16ft sailboats. That looked really cool.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Doesn't Big Easy's nickname come from the fact that he's from New Orleans?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast