+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 2/20 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't like that the Harlem Globetrotters were just given the answer. There ought to be a rule against that.
    I like them, but you're right, that just isn't right. But hey, it will be fun if they beat the ones that gave it to them, right?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Not digging Zev/Justin at this point. I know there's no rule you have to help teams but somehow I think the Globetrotters would drop them in a heartbeat if it meant gaining an edge. They were ahead and there were teams behind them. Maybe they need to remember the U-Turn is out there

Everyone's checked in except the goths and cowboys (still working on the clue).

We get an official TBC at the end of the episode. Pretty good first one, and I'm not crazy about AS seasons in general.

Loved the first location and all the tasks this episode. I don't care for the U-Turn in general and think it stinks that someone gets one right off the bat. Too bad the lead for all the last place teams (originally on the last flight anyway) is gone. Glad the cowboys are still in it, though

Only team I'm not rooting for at this point is Zev/Justin. The only thing I remember about them in the first place is that they were eliminated for losing their passports.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Not digging Zev/Justin at this point. I know there's no rule you have to help teams but somehow I think the Globetrotters would drop them in a heartbeat if it meant gaining an edge. They were ahead and there were teams behind them. Maybe they need to remember the U-Turn is out there
    Me neither. Also their logic is at fault. You should help a weaker team (like Maggie and Luke did), not another alpha men team that can beat you easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't like that the Harlem Globetrotters were just given the answer. There ought to be a rule against that.
    Yea, but half of the teams were also just given the answer. hrmph. And good thing this is non elim because the Cowboys really blew this leg.

oh jeebers, next week the cowboys are still working on that flipping clue...

Isn't this deja vu? Mel is injured, Ronald is yelling at Christina.

Only difference is the cowboys are back in the twilight zone while everyone else is off on the next leg.

I don't even think the Globetrotters tried. M/L and J/C did but didn't get it; however I think Z/J gave them the answer without them even attempting to finish it and are expecting to be re-paid for it. Here's hoping Flight Time and Big Easy U-Turn them for their help. Remember season 10? Everyone followed the brother team and when the last of their crew got help somewhere else they ditched them.

Now I remember why I never liked Ron.

I think I doomed my cowboys by declaring them my favorites. Jet is going to let that clue beat him.

And did I see Kent pat the mat greeter guy on the butt as he left?
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    We get an official TBC at the end of the episode. Pretty good first one, and I'm not crazy about AS seasons in general...
    Me either. I wasn't excited about this one, either. However, I'm liking it now because I've seen each team at work before, already know their names, and don't have to read the screen all the time to figure out who they are. There's a silver lining to this because Amazing Race can move sooooo fast!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

P.S. - Go cowboys!
    Amen!

I love Zev and Justin wearing the Harlem Globetrotters shirt.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Except for the Cowboys being behind, it was a great first episode!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast