+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My general observations

My general observations

1) Never ditch your initial decision on a Detour. Stick with it until you're done because the transition takes too damn long.

2) Don't panic and shoot your wad with the Fast Forward in the first couple of legs. There's always room to catch up if you play smart, solid, error-free ball. Your odds of winning after blowing the FF in round 1 or 2 must be absolutely minute.

3) Don't drive off like an idiot without knowing where in the hell you're going. Look at the map for a while, then drive straight there. You'll beat all the other dumbasses who are squealing around the side streets asking the locals how to get to the Cozumel Pizza Hut.

4) Find opportunities to execute the Danny & Oswald Maneuver: get info from hotels and call ahead when you can.

Man, I'd love to go on this show with my wife. I think we would kick some serious tail. Plus we'd be funny, I think, without straining for it like Dave & Gary or Aaron & Arianne.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Great observations Paulie. Driving without knowing where to go is my biggest problem with these people right now. I mean, come on! A little bit of time reading the map is not going to hurt you more than driving around like blind-folded idiot.

Being the funny sharp guy that you are, I'm pretty confident that you and your wife would be one of the favorite teams.

I agree w/ everything you say, Paulie...esp. the Team ChaChaCha strategy of calling ahead, etc. Several teams had cell phone w/ them last time...nobody does this time? HELLO!?!?!?!

I keep telling Joey that I want us to send in a tape to try to get on the next installment of the show (Well, I guess that'd be TAR5, since the deadline for TAR4 has probably passed already). I think it'd be hilarious, and I think we could do really well. Can't you just see it, Paulie? You and your wife...me and Joey...the "fearsome foursome"...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Don't drive off like an idiot without knowing where in the hell you're going.
    I think this rule should be applied at ALL times, not just on TAR Mr. B and I both fortunately are total map people -- of course at times when it doesn't matter if you get a little lost it's sometimes more fun to just drive around. ...recent trip in the mountains of Colorado

And I agree Paulie, you and Mrs. P would be awesome on this show! You'd definitely be fan faves because you'd be nice to each other and other teams and would make really smart moves as well as be funny.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Count me in for the next TAR
    Definitely would be the best show to do

Paulie your observations are right on... D&D have, in my opinion screwed themselves by taking the FF so early on.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Thanks for the nice comments about me and Mrs. P on the show (especially from Bravo, who knows both of us ). Our chances of being "fan faves" wouldn't be hurt by the fact that my wife is a total babe!

We were talking about it last night, and if it's still on the air two seasons from now (so we can film in the spring/summer of 2004 when our youngest is three years old), we'd definitely give it a shot.

That's a pretty frickin' big "IF", though.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Paulie, Joey and I were talking about it some more last night as well, and he said, "Maybe not the next one (TAR4), but how about the one after that (TAR5), if it's still on the air?"

Wow...wouldn't it be a kick if you and Mrs. P and Joey and I were both chosen to be on the show!?!?!

That would be so wild, Lobeck! *sniff, sniff* I smell "secret alliance"!

Well, as I recall Rob and Brennan took the FF in the first episode.
    I think they were battling Dave and Margareta for it (please correct me if I'm wrong someone).
    You can go a long way taking the FF early, but it's certainly something I wouldwant to have in reserve for later rounds.

I think all the FF usually does is give you the chance to have a bit of a rest. There are so many equalisation points during the race, waiting for flights, waiting for places to open to the public etc.
    that I think the FF is more to allow trailing teams to catch up than to give the front runners a chance to increase their lead.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    Originally posted by Paulie
    That would be so wild, Lobeck! *sniff, sniff* I smell "secret alliance"!
    I can see it now, on TARSucks or some other reality tv websites, "I've got a theory about two teams, the Paulies and the Lobecks, as they appear to "know" each other from outside the show and have some type of secret alliance. Either they are all frequent vistors of Belly's bar (like Sean and Gabe) or, they've all hooked up at The FORT!!!!!! OMG, I wonder if the producers knew."

Fluff, you are correct that R&B used up their FF early and Dave and Margaretta barely survived that week after getting passed climbing rocks for the FF by R&B. There was speculation that the Guido would save theirs until the end to jump ahead, and then they used it and still came in last somehow (and would have been eliminated but/for Momily's rules violation with the illegal taxi). Memories.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread