+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/12 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4125453;

(One other point - I'm glad that Nat didn't have any severe issues with her diabetes and they didn't use it as part of their storyline to garner interest in the team. It will help out though in encouraging those with challenges like this to consider competing in the race.)

I don't know much about the pump ... but I do know that Type 1 diabetes requires taking special precautions before, during, and after intense physical activity or exercise. I believe that stress also plays a part and this last leg had to be somewhat stressful with Nat's extreme fear of heights.

So ... I am very happy that they won, and also interested to know how she managed her diabetes throughout the race. True, she was traveling with another physician, but still I'm just curious. She is now the perfect spokesperson for Diabetes research and also, I think would be great with kids who have to deal with the disease and their parents.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm happy but disappointed at the same time.

I'm glad that we finally have our first F/F winner. Now we don't have continuously ask ourselves, "When will two girls actually win the race?"

But I'm disappointed because it was Nat & Kat and not Brook & Claire. Nat & Kat were fine racers and had nice laid-back personalities. But I was never that much of a fan of their's with Brook & Claire around. What can I say, I favored the efervescent personality of Brook and the tenacity of Claire (watermelon, anyone?). It would have been an amazing ending if they had pulled through.

In the end, I'm satisfied with the win. At least it wasn't Jill & Thomas.

Unfinished Business, here we come!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

To the Point

I loved it when Brooke made the comment about laughing their way around the world and Phil agreed. I got the feeling he really liked both of these two female teams.

Did anyone else notice how the camera kept panning to the volleyball team as the two teams came in to the mat? Their faces seemed very revealing to me. They just looked disgusted with the outcome. Granted that could be just me interpreting things the way I choose since there have been reports that they had made comments about not wanting either of these two teams to win.

Hmm, I wonder why Jeff and Jordan isn't coming back for the new Amazing Race?

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4125556;
    I loved it when Brooke made the comment about laughing their way around the world and Phil agreed. I got the feeling he really liked both of these two female teams.

Did anyone else notice how the camera kept panning to the volleyball team as the two teams came in to the mat? Their faces seemed very revealing to me. They just looked disgusted with the outcome. Granted that could be just me interpreting things the way I choose since there have been reports that they had made comments about not wanting either of these two teams to win.
    Yeah, those smiles on the volleyballers weren't quite sincere. I can confirm those reports and say they stated numerous times that they didn't want an all girl team to win... unless it was themselves. (This was AFTER they had been eliminated) They were deadset against N/K or B/C.

Honestly, at the beginning of the season, when we saw how the race was pretty heavily stacked in favour of a girl/girl team winning... I was kind of hoping one wouldn't BECAUSE of that. But I'm with the person who stated that they are glad that aspect of the race is over. No more wondering. And what a team to win it! Did they argue even once? Real class act, those two.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4125474;
    But I'm disappointed because it was Nat & Kat and not Brook & Claire. Nat & Kat were fine racers and had nice laid-back personalities. But I was never that much of a fan of their's with Brook & Claire around. What can I say, I favored the efervescent personality of Brook and the tenacity of Claire (watermelon, anyone?). It would have been an amazing ending if they had pulled through.
    I agree - I liked both teams and hoped both would win (even though I know one could. )

Your descriptions of both B&C are exactly why I liked the team. Yes, Claire tended to complain about getting the harder Roadblocks (which was just dumb luck), but she still persevered.

And when you should've been KO'd getting hit by a watermelon like that (at the least) but still get up and complete it, you are a worthy adversary.

I'm just happy that both girls teams were worthy, and not acting as though they were the ONLY ones deserving, unlike the volleyball players. Talk about arrogance - they made the mistakes to get eliminated, but the two finalists were able to recover from theirs. That was the difference.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Really looking forward to the All-Stars. I thought this race was more boring than not, but watched every episode and was pleased with the outcome. I kept wondering why I was still watching, but I just couldn't "not watch". I am a diehard fan and would love to do the race if not for certain health issues.

Bring on the All-Stars!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

Maybe the best ending ever. Thrilled that Kat & Nat won. Loved how Nat never let her fears stand in her way, such as facing her fear of heights on the crane without wasting time hemming and hawing or having hysterics. Loved how Kat didn't let her vegetarianism stop her from chowing down on some gross-looking meat (gross-looking for non-vegetarians even). And they were so supportive of each other, particularly Kat of Nat...just great sports overall.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4125851;
    Maybe the best ending ever. Thrilled that Kat & Nat won. Loved how Nat never let her fears stand in her way, such as facing her fear of heights on the crane without wasting time hemming and hawing or having hysterics. Loved how Kat didn't let her vegetarianism stop her from chowing down on some gross-looking meat (gross-looking for non-vegetarians even). And they were so supportive of each other, particularly Kat of Nat...just great sports overall.
    They both gave it their all. The vegan hadn't eaten meat in years, yet she suffered through eating that animal head. Yuck.
    I'm glad they were the winners as they really seemed to treasure the experience of the whole adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by MadelynneRabb;4125446;
    I'd just like to say that I'm quite proud of myself for being able to identify the Rose Bowl by sight from the air.

But I'm also embarrassed that I spent the entire commercial break trying to figure out how to connect Don Quixote to any of the major LA studios (Paramount, Warner, CBS Television City, etc.) I could think of. At one point I wondered if they were using Man of La Mancha to point to MGM Studios in some convoluted way. I'll be handing in my English degree after this. (Though, in my defense, I had never heard of Quixote Studios.)
    Don't feel badly--I was clueless, too!

I would have been happy with either of the girl-girl teams winning, as I liked them both, and they each played a clean race, so I'm actually delighted that they came 1-2. After having no female team ever finish above Final 3, to have the top two teams be all-female is awesome. And Thomas was a jerk, so I'm only sorry for Jill that I'm happy about their team finishing third.
    The finale was actually kind of boring. It was pretty obvious that a female team was going to win. I must say, though, that I loved B/C, especially when they wore those wild outfits on the way back from Seoul to LA. Looks like something I would do. I also loved how they said they idolized Bob Eubanks. That must have meant a lot to him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread