+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/12 Finale Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I am so happy!! Way to go Nat and Kat!!! Yay Nat on conquering your fears!! You rock!!
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

So happy Nat and Kat won! Although I wouldn't have minded Brooke and Claire for the win either.

Pretty happy that Nat and Kat won and that Brooke and Claire came in second!

Hurray!!!

I think this the first time ever that my favorites from Episode 1 won the race!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

OMG I can't believe it. My favorites won So happy for Nat & Kat and cannot wait for the All-Star Season to start I'm pumped

It may not have been suspenseful but I'm happy that Nat/Kat won and that Brooke/Claire came in 2nd. Thomas/Jill weren't even a factor and I'm not even sure it was all that close between 1 & 2.

They really tried to muddy the waters about who's in the next show. It really made it seem that Brooke/Claire were on it. If they really had all those teams they'd be running around the world for months.

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

I'd just like to say that I'm quite proud of myself for being able to identify the Rose Bowl by sight from the air.

But I'm also embarrassed that I spent the entire commercial break trying to figure out how to connect Don Quixote to any of the major LA studios (Paramount, Warner, CBS Television City, etc.) I could think of. At one point I wondered if they were using Man of La Mancha to point to MGM Studios in some convoluted way. I'll be handing in my English degree after this. (Though, in my defense, I had never heard of Quixote Studios.)

I would have been happy with either of the girl-girl teams winning, as I liked them both, and they each played a clean race, so I'm actually delighted that they came 1-2. After having no female team ever finish above Final 3, to have the top two teams be all-female is awesome. And Thomas was a jerk, so I'm only sorry for Jill that I'm happy about their team finishing third.
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

I would have been happy with either all-girl team winning, so congrats to the Nat and Kat for coming in first and to Brooke and Claire for coming in second! And I was thrilled to see Jill and Thomas in last place...I was so hoping they didn't win.

I'm also especially glad that the entire season wasn't devoted to the "let's hit everyone over the head" theme as far as her diabetes went. She has it, it's a part of her, she raced (and she won!). I'm so glad they omitted the sermonizing :-)

My few observations of this leg:

1. I knew it was going to be an all-girls team that won the moment they played Katy Perry's "California GIRLS" song when they did the flight bit to Los Angeles. Kinda made it obvious there CBS.

2. Loved the road block, but have to chide Nat for not realizing that the Rose Bowl float of COURSE you need to add water drops to the holders. They do these pretty early, and have to keep the flowers fresh for a long time - if anything because last time I checked, the flowers are later dried and sold as potpourri. Fortunately she was able to correct that quickly.

This is fairly common knowledge, and regardless, it should've been a little obvious given they're put in vials and not just stuck in the styrofoam.

3. I have to wonder why Jill and Thomas did not ask the driver to stop at a hotel. Did they irk him to the point that he was just going to drive them around for an extended period of time not thinking about hotels or "passing" them? While it is surprising that he wouldn't know the Internet, I think Thomas' comments in particular being said while the cabbie could hear them cost them the race.

4. Loved the final challenge - it made people think because there were similar people and similar hats that made this challenge tough. Kudos to the two teams we saw really pay attention to those details. It may have made the difference on first and second.

And I loved how Bob Eubanks was enjoying being a part of this - and loved his reaction to Brook and Claire bailing after getting the clue instead of getting a hug (though I have to say to Bob - you did get a kiss from one of the girls and hugs from Nat and Kat - you did well. )

5. On the whole, I wanted either team to win - Nat and Kat as well as Brook and Claire were having FUN this race, even if it was for a million bucks. Both teams did make dumb mistakes along the way, but didn't let it get them down. I enjoyed watching both teams, and was pleased they finished 1-2. While I wouldn't have been disappointed with a Jill-Thomas win, it was more satisfying to see two teams that were fun start to finish end up in the places they did.

Overall a satisfying win this season, especially when the teams played clean and accepted their penalties with grace.

(One other point - I'm glad that Nat didn't have any severe issues with her diabetes and they didn't use it as part of their storyline to garner interest in the team. It will help out though in encouraging those with challenges like this to consider competing in the race.)

Was so glad to see my favorites win another AR.
    I absolutely loved in S1 when the 2 attorney guys won and the exceptionally hot one, broke down and cried.
    There's only been a few seasons of AR when there have been mean times, IMO, who won.
    So glad this was another satifying result.

I can't wait for next season. Cowboys and Flight Time and Big Easy. Woo hoo - I'm in heaven!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread