+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My stepdaughter and her younger brother gave a team money a few months ago in Oregon....... not sure if that is for this season or the next but she was certain it had to be AR because they were in a hurry and begging for money for a cab.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4122225;
    My stepdaughter and her younger brother gave a team money a few months ago in Oregon....... not sure if that is for this season or the next but she was certain it had to be AR because they were in a hurry and begging for money for a cab.
    It would have to be for either this one or a different country's TAR because the next season is currently filming.

Does anyone know if Sunday's episode is the finale?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4121805;
    Well, as they say, there is truth in jest. Anyone who respected their partner at all wouldn't say something like that even as a joke.
    Disagree. COMPLETELY.

I make sarcastic jokes like that all the time and I usually love the people I'm joking about! I make fun of the people I like more often than those that I hate!

Don't get me wrong, I still hate Nick a lot, but at that particular time, I don't think he was being sincere about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4121805;
    Well, as they say, there is truth in jest. Anyone who respected their partner at all wouldn't say something like that even as a joke.
    My husband and I joke around like that all time. But we don't cuss at each other and try to tear each other down. We say it in a teasing way (for ex: I'm very cold natured and he is like an electric blanket and I was teasing him that I only keep him around to save on my heating bill and after I cook his favorite meal, he'll say I knew I kept you around for a reason). I've never been offended by this. And I certainly don't mean it. He's a good husband, father and provider. We've been together over 12 years so obviously it works for us.

That said, we don't tear each other down like Nick did to Vicki either. And while Nick may have been trying to pass it off as a joke, I really believe that he really thinks she is good for nothing. Which is funny because she's the smarter of the two, more patient and just a lovely girl. Without her, he would have been eliminated ages ago.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4122448;

That said, we don't tear each other down like Nick did to Vicki either. And while Nick may have been trying to pass it off as a joke, I really believe that he really thinks she is good for nothing. Which is funny because she's the smarter of the two, more patient and just a lovely girl. Without her, he would have been eliminated ages ago.

The term "Freudian slip" has become a cliche, but it really is true: sometimes you express what's in your heart, even if you then try to pass it off as "just a joke." To say that someone is "good for something" is to pass a comment on their worth as a human being, and given all Nick's other behavior, I also believe that deep down he really meant it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4122277;
    Does anyone know if Sunday's episode is the finale?
    Yes, it is!

To clarify December 12, 2010 is the season finale for The Amazing Race.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4123354;
    To clarify December 12, 2010 is the season finale for The Amazing Race.
    Go ladies! I'd prefer Brooke and Claire FTW, but I'll be happy with Nat & Kat. C'mon girls, make history!!
    Valar Morghulis

UGHHHHHHHH! Football still has over 5 mins left which means 45 min real time so the TAR finale will be late!!!!!!!!!!!! Darn I guess I can't hang out and chat in the thread tonight - I don't want to see the spoilers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast