+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

CCL

Re: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

I don't recall them (Michael and Kevin) noticing in the cab; I do recall them noticing that Brook and Claire were no longer following them (as they had discovered their error and were headed back to redo the walk) but decided not to worry about that and continue on.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4101197;
    I thought they did notice in the cab at one point. They decided not to go back like the girls did, they didn't even discuss that. That's one thing that cost them. If they had even fixed one of the mistakes they would have been in. Also, Kevin said that it took an hour for his dad to get the first of the 'bowling' challenge. If it wouldn't have taken him that long they would have made it. It's a lot of what ifs on this one that they could have been easily still in the race.
    As an above poster said, Michael and Kevin noticed that Claire and Brooke where no longer behind them but did not know the reason why. If they had known they had a penalty it would have been shown.

Even with Michael taking 1 hour to complete the first part of the challenge the 2 penalties 30 minute penalties is what really hurt them. I got the impression that if they only had 1 30 minute penalty they would have been OK.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thank goodness for this awesome episode to wash the horrible taste of the currrent TAR Latin-America season and their allowing a team to stay even wih lost passports. Plus, zero equalizers leaving the teams at the back no chance to catch up unless front-runners make a mistake or have problems with a task. It's one of the worst TAR seasons I've seen, period, a shame compared to the quite good first one, and even more when compared to the current TAR season, which I am thoroughly enjoying, I think mainly because there are so many likeable racers.

I agree with everybody about the ladies left, except for Stephanie, I dislike her almost as much as Chad, but find all the other ladies likeable. I'm crossing my fingers for the final 3 to be composed ofGary & Mallory and both all-girl teams, it would be the best final 3 ever.

I was also quite surprised at Brooke & Claire, since this is, I think, the first time a team went back to make up for what would he caused them to be penalized at the Pitstop, and still managed to come in second! And yeah, I'm sad to see Michael go, but not Kevin. I was sick and tired of his constant whining about his dad not being able to do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4101423;
    Thank goodness for this awesome episode to wash the horrible taste of the currrent TAR Latin-America season and their allowing a team to stay even wih lost passports. Plus, zero equalizers leaving the teams at the back no chance to catch up unless front-runners make a mistake or have problems with a task. It's one of the worst TAR seasons I've seen, period, a shame compared to the quite good first one, and even more when compared to the current TAR season, which I am thoroughly enjoying, I think mainly because there are so many likeable racers.

I agree with everybody about the ladies left, except for Stephanie, I dislike her almost as much as Chad, but find all the other ladies likeable. I'm crossing my fingers for the final 3 to be composed ofGary & Mallory and both all-girl teams, it would be the best final 3 ever.
    I'm with you. I can't believe the level of incompetence of the Latin American Race production team. I wonder if Bertram van Munster has any kind of oversight with their franchise because some of the people who I got watching the current Latin season have given up and don't care about taking a peak at the US or any other AR.

It would be great if a female team finally wins AR-US. I still can get over the Beauty Queens losing twice and getting so close,

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4101343;
    As an above poster said, Michael and Kevin noticed that Claire and Brooke where no longer behind them but did not know the reason why. If they had known they had a penalty it would have been shown.

Even with Michael taking 1 hour to complete the first part of the challenge the 2 penalties 30 minute penalties is what really hurt them. I got the impression that if they only had 1 30 minute penalty they would have been OK.
    I remember when they noticed that, but I'm pretty sure later on he read the clue again and realized it. Either that or I'm imagining it which is possible. I'll have to go back and review it to see if I'm crazy or not

CCL

Didn't they show Kevin rereading the clue when he was waiting out his penalty on the steps? Maybe that's what you are thinking of?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4101493;
    Didn't they show Kevin rereading the clue when he was waiting out his penalty on the steps? Maybe that's what you are thinking of?
    I think that was the first time he realized he'd blown it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Their first penalty was for allowing their cabbie to lead them as they walked to the building. You could ask for directions from people on the street, but not ask to follow your cab. It was taking the cab (which was already at the clue box) to the next destination, which was also within walking distance that caused their second 30 minute penalty. Brooke and Claire actually questioned themselves taking a cab to the pit stop. They must have been really jumpy by that point with having to re-do part of cab-less leg.

I grew tired of Kevin and his take charge, I know what I'm doing, attitude this leg. I was happy to see them survive a previous NEL, but it was time for them to go.

What confused me about this NEL was that it was so close to the previous one. Usually the second NEL is later in the race. Like most of you, I was also confused about Nick and Vicki first not being told they needed to perform a speedbump and then not seeing them perform one. Thank you for the explanation about why this may have happened. It is strange, though, that the audience wasn't informed about the circumstances.

I'm really liking Nat and Kat. I don't know if I like them because their edit shows them being so calm and strong, or they really are that way. I came to notice them as real contenders when Kat ate the goatshead in Norway. Next week it looks like they have to drive again, and they didn't do so well with that in England, so we'll see.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I bet if Michael had read the clue instead of Kevin they would never have made the mistake. In the previous episode Michael suggested that Phil would be in the park across from the cathedral and Kevin of course knew better and insisted the cathedral was the pitstop. Kevin's "rush, rush, I'm the young guy in charge and my parent knows nothing attitude" is what did this team in.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4101287;
    I don't recall them (Michael and Kevin) noticing in the cab; I do recall them noticing that Brook and Claire were no longer following them (as they had discovered their error and were headed back to redo the walk) but decided not to worry about that and continue on.
    That's what I remember, too. I'm pretty sure he only re-read the clue once Phil pointed out to him that he had screwed up.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast