+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

Re: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

CCL,

I agree with you.

While I wasn't a fan of Kevin's and thought he didn't own up to his mistake like he should have, I do think, in fairness, it must be very hard not to give in to the pressure that a race like this would create for anybody.

I do hope, though, that Kevin will watch this episode, more than once, and come to the realization that his father is not the sole one to blame for their ouster from the race.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4100437;
    Word is that Nick and Vicki handed in the RIGHT three pieces of music early in the task, but were told they were wrong.The mistake is by the person checking the music and it is a HUGE wrong against them. Not only did they continue the task even though they had completed it, they would avoid handing in those three pieces of music again because they were told they were wrong! I'm sure it put them a ways behind and it wasn't fair to make them pay for being last. If anything, the team second to last that week got off with a freebie.
    I wonder how they found out that a mistake was made. I am sure that they must have reviewed the tape in order to have confirmed that Nick and Vicki had handed in the right three pieces but were told they were wrong. Perhaps N & V told Phil of the error.

Anyway, I guess that maybe something like that has never happened before, but why did Phil and the producers think that we, the viewers, would not notice that N & V did not have to perform an extra task after coming in last? A simple explanation would have been all that was required.

CCL

I've certainly misread an exam question in my time (and there was no million-dollar prize at the end of the exam!) so I understand how it can be done.

I agree with you about Kevin. Certain things made me like him (like how he interacted with the babushka) but then I often felt he was too hard on his dad. But, again, that might be the race getting to him and making him frustrated. He wasn't as bad to me as, say, Chad is.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I set my VCR for 2 hours and I still managed to miss the last 5 minutes. Oh well. Thankfully CBS had the episode on line.

Love the 2 all female teams, they are so cool under pressure. The two temperamental males need to learn a lesson from them.

Oh, so sad, that Kevin and Michael are gone. Hope Dad rubs it in that it is all Kevin's fault. Well, not really. What amazed me is that it took Michael 1 hour to knock down the first formation. I noticed that he was only flicking his wrist to get the stick to spin while the Kat and Nat and Claire and Brooke were using their entire bodies to get the stick to spin and adding a lot of force to the stick.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4100945;
    Love the 2 all female teams, they are so cool under pressure. The two temperamental males need to learn a lesson from them.
    I watched the Elimination Station clip yesterday. The two volleyball players don't care who wins, as long as it isn't one of the two-girl teams. Bitter much?
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I was sad that Kevin/Michael were out however anyone who's watched the show knows that you have to read those clues carefully. They'd still have had a chance if Michael had been better at the last challenge. Both had their strengths and weaknesses.

I love Kat/Nat and hope they go all the way but have softened towards Brooke/Claire and Gary/Mallory (always liked Claire and Gary). In the rest of the teams the guys really bug me.

Re: no speed bump. Phil should really have said something if there was an issue that caused them to keep Nick/Vicki because I'm sure viewers want to know why they didn't have a penalty. This season they've been very easy on the those last place teams on NEL as it is.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

What I don't understand is why is it up to one person to read the clues? Surely during cab rides or running from one place to another, the team members can each take a moment to read over the clue to make sure they are doing what they have to do. It's not all on one person. What I'm saying is that all the blame can't go on Kevin for not reading the clues correctly unless his father is illiterate or something.
    That said, Kevin needed to show a little more respect for his father and what he is capable of doing. Michael struggled with only two tasks this whole race (not any more than any other team) and Kevin was just so focused on the negative to see how well his father can and did do on so many tasks. Too bad.
    Michael's performance on the task aside, if Michael and Kevin had read the clues correctly they would have been spared this leg. Really too bad, because Chad the meathead would have been the one to hit the bricks.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4100614;
    It's amazing how many people misread the clues. I guess it is the situation though - they're in panic, go-go mode and something slips by them. They need to take a breath, and read carefully.
    I agree, I think its hard to imagine the exhaustion, the stress they put on themselves, they are so close and Kevin just felt once they got to China, they were golden - - and he made a mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4101165;
    What I don't understand is why is it up to one person to read the clues? Surely during cab rides or running from one place to another, the team members can each take a moment to read over the clue to make sure they are doing what they have to do. It's not all on one person. What I'm saying is that all the blame can't go on Kevin for not reading the clues correctly unless his father is illiterate or something.
    That said, Kevin needed to show a little more respect for his father and what he is capable of doing. Michael struggled with only two tasks this whole race (not any more than any other team) and Kevin was just so focused on the negative to see how well his father can and did do on so many tasks. Too bad.
    Michael's performance on the task aside, if Michael and Kevin had read the clues correctly they would have been spared this leg. Really too bad, because Chad the meathead would have been the one to hit the bricks.

Interesting to note that no one said anything to Michael or Kevin about them needing to walk. On the other hand Michael and Kevin didn't notice that the other teams were walking. I did like how Claire and Brooke reread the clue in the taxi cab and corrected their mistake. Too bad Michael and Kevin didn't take the time to do the same thing, if they had they wouldn't have incurred that penalty and still be in the game.

At this point in the game I would like to see either of the two females teams in first and second place with Gary and his daughter in third. As for the rest of the mixed gender teams. The men are rude, immature and need to learn how to treat their partners. While I wish the women well, the men can go hang, there are already enough idiots in the world we can all live without these 3.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4101191;
    Interesting to note that no one said anything to Michael or Kevin about them needing to walk. On the other hand Michael and Kevin didn't notice that the other teams were walking. I did like how Claire and Brooke reread the clue in the taxi cab and corrected their mistake. Too bad Michael and Kevin didn't take the time to do the same thing, if they had they wouldn't have incurred that penalty and still be in the game.

At this point in the game I would like to see either of the two females teams in first and second place with Gary and his daughter in third. As for the rest of the mixed gender teams. The men are rude, immature and need to learn how to treat their partners. While I wish the women well, the men can go hang, there are already enough idiots in the world we can all live without these 3.
    I thought they did notice in the cab at one point. They decided not to go back like the girls did, they didn't even discuss that. That's one thing that cost them. If they had even fixed one of the mistakes they would have been in. Also, Kevin said that it took an hour for his dad to get the first of the 'bowling' challenge. If it wouldn't have taken him that long they would have made it. It's a lot of what ifs on this one that they could have been easily still in the race.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast