+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

Re: 11/7 *Discussion thread*

About Nick and Vick bump.

I just read online that there wasn't one (Phil didn't mention it on the last Pit Stop either) and it was due to a production mistake on that leg. N & V were wronged in the Piano task and because of that they decided to make it a NEL leg so to be "fair."

I think the rule now is that if you don't check your bag at the Pit Stop you lose it.

Phil can't check a team unless they have paid their cab (Uchenna and Joyce S7) and have all their traveling documents

Side note: Amazing Race LatinAmerica S2, decided to "break rules" and check a team without passports, such a mess that season is.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4100366;
    . . . N&V are lucky to be in there ONLY because Michael was inept at that challenge.
    Kevin mentioned that Michael took an hour to knock off the first stack in the challenge, then he seemed to get the others fairly quickly.

Michael, however, had told Kevin when they were reading the first clue - READ EVERY WORD. It was Kevin who missed the "don't follow a cab" and "walk to the next roadblock" clues - which cost them a full hour of penalties.

IMHO, they didn't lose this week because of Michael - they lost because of Kevin. Without those penalties, they would have still been in the running, since Chad and Stephanie had to go back and pay their taxi and had a 30-minute penalty.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4100427;
    Kevin mentioned that Michael took an hour to knock off the first stack in the challenge, then he seemed to get the others fairly quickly.

Michael, however, had told Kevin when they were reading the first clue - READ EVERY WORD. It was Kevin who missed the "don't follow a cab" and "walk to the next roadblock" clues - which cost them a full hour of penalties.

IMHO, they didn't lose this week because of Michael - they lost because of Kevin. Without those penalties, they would have still been in the running, since Chad and Stephanie had to go back and pay their taxi and had a 30-minute penalty.
    My point here is that had Michael not been as inept in the challenge, when they arrived at the pit stop (say second or third place) they'd still faced the hour, but most likely they'd only dropped a couple of places. It'll be interesting to hear by how much time they had left on the penalty before Chad and Stephanie got there.

So, yes, Kevin blew it because he didn't read the clues right, but Michael also lost it because of the road block.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;4100413;
    About Nick and Vick bump.

I just read online that there wasn't one (Phil didn't mention it on the last Pit Stop either) and it was due to a production mistake on that leg. N & V were wronged in the Piano task and because of that they decided to make it a NEL leg so to be "fair."

I think the rule now is that if you don't check your bag at the Pit Stop you lose it.
    1. How were they "wronged" here? If anything they got an advantage back because apparently the rules said they had to listen to all three pieces then go and pick them out, but they did the singles and then chose each.

2. The whole rule on the backpacks started last season when the father daughter duo lost their backpacks because they left them on a challenge and couldn't get them back. Fortunately for them they DID have the items they absolutely needed (passports/money) and some of the teams loaned them a couple of shirts and shorts.

Phil can't check a team unless they have paid their cab (Uchenna and Joyce S7) and have all their traveling documents

Side note: Amazing Race LatinAmerica S2, decided to "break rules" and check a team without passports, such a mess that season is.
    Sometimes I really wish the FCC would decide that these shows are in fact GAME shows even if they're a long running game show and impose strict rules they have to follow. Now the Latin America one isn't in our jurisdiction, but when you have teams getting freebies apparently for being "wronged" and the like, it's time to start making the rules strict. This goes especially true when money's concerned.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4100436;
    1. How were they "wronged" here? If anything they got an advantage back because apparently the rules said they had to listen to all three pieces then go and pick them out, but they did the singles and then chose each.

2. The whole rule on the backpacks started last season when the father daughter duo lost their backpacks because they left them on a challenge and couldn't get them back. Fortunately for them they DID have the items they absolutely needed (passports/money) and some of the teams loaned them a couple of shirts and shorts.

Sometimes I really wish the FCC would decide that these shows are in fact GAME shows even if they're a long running game show and impose strict rules they have to follow. Now the Latin America one isn't in our jurisdiction, but when you have teams getting freebies apparently for being "wronged" and the like, it's time to start making the rules strict. This goes especially true when money's concerned.

Word is that Nick and Vicki handed in the RIGHT three pieces of music early in the task, but were told they were wrong.The mistake is by the person checking the music and it is a HUGE wrong against them. Not only did they continue the task even though they had completed it, they would avoid handing in those three pieces of music again because they were told they were wrong! I'm sure it put them a ways behind and it wasn't fair to make them pay for being last. If anything, the team second to last that week got off with a freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4100437;
    Word is that Nick and Vicki handed in the RIGHT three pieces of music early in the task, but were told they were wrong.The mistake is by the person checking the music and it is a HUGE wrong against them. Not only did they continue the task even though they had completed it, they would avoid handing in those three pieces of music again because they were told they were wrong! I'm sure it put them a ways behind and it wasn't fair to make them pay for being last. If anything, the team second to last that week got off with a freebie.
    If that is the case, then, yes, it's fair because if I'm right that is the challenge that put them in the NEL situation. I just hope that it holds true for all the contestants should that happen again.

Hopefully Phil will be able to explain it in his blogs (if he's allowed).

I was sorry to see Mchael and Kevin go, but Kevin was totally annoying for me. He didn't really own up to not reading the clue. Week after week, he seemed to blame his Dad for their faliure to get ahead. Obviously, Michael was not the most phyically adept person, but Kevin should have sucked it up more than he did.
    Glad to see how well Nat and Kat are doing. I really admire them both.
    Brooke wasn't as annoying on this episode. While i ruly admire her upbeat, positive attiytude, I do, though, find her incredibly over the top, loud, show- offy and obnoxious. At least, it was toned down somewhat this week.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

I love Michael's attitude, Kevin still is young and just speaking without thinking, hopefully he'll grow from his mistakes, like Michael said they had a great adventure -

sometimes it is hard to be happy with what you have instead of sad about what you dont have (Kevin really wanted to go to China since they knew the language and felt they'd get ahead for that)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4100557;
    I was sorry to see Mchael and Kevin go, but Kevin was totally annoying for me. He didn't really own up to not reading the clue. Week after week, he seemed to blame his Dad for their faliure to get ahead. Obviously, Michael was not the most phyically adept person, but Kevin should have sucked it up more than he did.
    Glad to see how well Nat and Kat are doing. I really admire them both.
    Brooke wasn't as annoying on this episode. While i ruly admire her upbeat, positive attiytude, I do, though, find her incredibly over the top, loud, show- offy and obnoxious. At least, it was toned down somewhat this week.
    Not only did he not read it - twice - but he was disingenuous when Phil pointed it out at the Pitstop. Kevin was like "What? We did?!". How fake. Like a little kid that knows he messed up but thought if he played "dumb" he might get away with it.

Now he knew darn good and well he screwed up, because at the Tower, Brook and Claire told him he was supposed to leave the cab behind, and he was like "Really? You're kidding".

Then, instead of taking the clue out and reading it again, he does the SAME THING!! And equally inexplicably, Brook and Claire did the same thing with them on the way to the next clue, before they figured it out and corrected themselves!!

I don't get it. Have these people NEVER seen the show before?

READ THE CLUES!!!

CCL

It's amazing how many people misread the clues. I guess it is the situation though - they're in panic, go-go mode and something slips by them. They need to take a breath, and read carefully.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast