+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/24 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Re: 10/24 Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK;4089830;
    When I am feeling my 100%, I can eat anything! When my mom and I watch TAR we always take part and choose which Detours we would do and who does the Road Blocks (although we always know what the task actually is, unlike them on the real show lol). I always do the eating challenges <3
    Yeah, you and your mom would probably be a great team. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4089838;
    Loved how Phil told Gary and Mallory what place they finished
    That was one of my favorite parts of the show.

I was impressed with Kat and Nat during the Fast Forward. I don't think I could have kept that greasy looking mess down, and I'm not a vegetarian. Won't miss the volleyball Barbies, I never did warm up to them.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

To the Point

I don't think that the volleyball girls were ever even on my radar. Every show I'd think "oh, I forgot about them." This was a physically tough leg. I enjoyed tonights show.

Still not loving Chad or Thomas. These guys seriously need to change the way they view and treat their girlfriends. Chad is just way too harsh and doesn't make allowances for any differences in their abilities, and I'm sure she has strengths that he doesn't. Thomas is just arrogant. He obviously feels superior because he obtained his college degree from Notre Dame and she didn't even go to college. He belittles her with this. He has made her feel as if this is some huge deal. So far I haven't felt that his college degree has given him any great advantage. I'm all about education and think it's a wonderful thing to be able to go to college. It's impressive when you get to attend a school with a great reputation, however, that doesn't make you a genius. It doesn't even make you smarter than the next person.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 10-25-2010 at 08:36 AM.

I am liking most of these teams this year. It's refreshing to see people getting along and encouraging each other and not constantly bickering. I know they have each had their moments, but I can't even imagine the stress the race must put on them.

I love the docs- was sooo impressed she ate the sheep's head with barely a complaint and being a vegetarian on top of it was very impressive. I have a friend who is a vegetarian and she decided to try a hamburger after 10 years. She could barely get 2 bites down and was sick the rest of the day- her body rejected it. Good job, Kat...(or Nat??). I have a good feeling about them for the win- there is no team that is dominating this season and I love that. The lead has changed so many times and that makes for a good season in my book.

Vicki was so funny at the FF. What does taken mean? Has she never seen TAR? On the other hand, I don't remember a team in the past that has been the most odd mix of complete cluelessness and athleticism- they are a hoot to watch. Vicki totally rocked the rapelling and powered up the mountain on her bike and thought it was easy. Mike (?), who has 'been riding BMX my whole life' was left in her dust. I'm pretty sure they won't win, but they are entertaining!

I posted after episode 2 that I liked Mallory, but that I thought her always sunny disposition might get old and irritaing after a few episodes. So far, I have been wrong- I find her very endearing and encouraging to her Dad and the other racers. Sure, she can be over the top sometimes, but I think her and Gary are doing an awesome job. Her Dad did so well on the rapelling- I was surpised. Her excitement over the difference locations is contagious.

CCL

Have Nicki and partner never watched TAR before? They honestly seemed like they thought that every team was able to take the fast forward, even if another team had already completed it. I did enjoy her partner "Oh, I've been bmx-ing since I was 12", cut to him biking up the mountain holding on to his knee and struggling as Vicki whips by him.
    So impressed that Kat was able to stomach the sheep's head. I already liked her and Nat beforehand but that just made me like them even more. And I like the way they treat each other. Versus, say Thomas, whose apparently oh-so-impressive college degree means he can treat his girlfriend like she's some uneducated twit. And she takes it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4089884;
    Vicki was so funny at the FF. What does taken mean? Has she never seen TAR? On the other hand, I don't remember a team in the past that has been the most odd mix of complete cluelessness and athleticism- they are a hoot to watch. Vicki totally rocked the rapelling and powered up the mountain on her bike and thought it was easy. Mike (?), who has 'been riding BMX my whole life' was left in her dust. I'm pretty sure they won't win, but they are entertaining!
    I agree; I love watching them! They are tough, but it amazes me that apparently neither of them has ever paid much attention to maps, globes, the news, reading material in general, or even TAR on Tv
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

What impressed me about Vicki taking the lead on the bike was that she had just completed a free pull against gravity using her legs for the most part. They must have been burning.

I was also impressed with Nat and Kat. They knew what was coming as soon as they entered the building and didn't flinch, well...almost. As soon as they saw the water glasses they knew it was a food challenge. Hmm...they must have watched TAR previously. Anyway, I liked how they figured out by pulling the meat off the bone and making it into very small bites, Kat (?) was able to down the meat pieces like a pill. Smart women.

Another fun episode except for the macho men, but I so enjoyed Kevin and his smile throughout.

I agree, fluff, Phil's two lift eyebrow was my favorite part as well.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe it was just my frame of mind, but I thought the show was painfully boring and tiresome last night.

I had a friend who was a vegetarian who accidentally ran across meat in something that she ate. She broke out into a cold sweat...the scary kind....and stayed nauseated for a while. She could have never even begun that sheep's head challenge. It did look pretty gross.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought it was interesting that there was no equalizer this leg. The volleyballers had no chance to catch up.
    Last edited by Mariner; 10-26-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Glad the Volley Girls are gone. They were a snooze to watch.

Can't stand Thomas. He acts like he's so superior to his girlfriend because he went to Notre Dame & she didn't even go to college *gasp*. Well Thomas, honey, if you think you're too good for Jill (?) then why are you with her? He just solidified his status as a total D-bag. I thought he was a jerk from the first minute of the first episode, but now I realize he's worse than just a jerk. Ugh, what a tool!

Team Tattoo ~ wow are they dense! Clearly they've never watched the show before, otherwise they'd know what Fast Forward means! If everyone could do it, then it wouldn't be an advantage, would it? Duh!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast