+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 10/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 10/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Team GLEE went out with good humor and class. Good for them!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Few observations:

1. At first glance, the 10 mins. on the ice speedbump seems easy. That said, they had to sit on ice for 10 minutes in a room that is full of ice, and after a few minutes ice starts to sting. I think too that it had to be for a full 10 mins., meaning if one got off they may have ended up having to start over again.

2. Were they supposed to take the ice blocs or not? Some had them with them and others didn't. I'm guessing if they did the penalty didn't matter in the end or they felt that it was too heavy of one to carry.

Still - ice block clues was cool.

3. Team Glee Club... they should've done the tent right off. In fact, for most of the teams the tent would've been better. If one or the other knew that they'd not beat 1:58, they should've immediately went to the tent. I think this choice hurt them in the end.

4. In regard to three - loved how they exited out, quite graciously and with fun. Would've rather them stayed over team volleyball witches.

5. It was cool that Kevin and Michael almost did a Jet and Cord and go from last to first. That said, I am glad they chose the tent challenge immediately because I do agree - the dad most likely wouldn't have been able to accomplish the skiing challenge. Sure, knocked them from first to fourth, but it was much better to be fourth instead of risking being eliminated going down the hill.

6. LOVED the sled dog challenge - both for the coolness of using sled dogs as well as the players HAD to pay attention and get flags to complete the challenge.

7. Using the express pass here? - Given where they were in the leg and given the two challenges, I have to say this was probably a smart move. It is risky given this is the fourth or fifth leg and next one looks a bit difficult (Unless Nat and Kat's bit in the previews was a fast forward); however, these two challenges at least warranted a use of said express pass. The ONLY way I can see a potential waste of this is if they have the flag in the haybale challenge.

So, next week - well... I think it'll be fun. Most of these teams I'm enjoying because THEY'RE enjoying the race. I think it's funny that Team TV show hosts (sorry, I'm not entirely sure on both names) has one who insists on giving everyone kisses and Michael and Kevin are just fun to watch.

And, given that a lot of the reality tv right now is getting more and more ugly, and becoming less entertaining, this is a nice refreshing change.

The blonde of Nat and Kat (don't know which is which) reminds me of someone when she smiles, but I cannot figure out who. I don't know if it's someone from TV or someone I know personally, but if anyone has any famous names they want to throw out there so it will stop driving me crazy, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4086024;
    Chad needs counseling before he & Stephanie get married. That look in his eyes was cold.
    He was awful! I'm not really liking ANY of the couples this year. Nor the "volleyball witches" (thank you, jadewarlock ). I hated to see Team Glee go before them.

Nick asking to be driven to the Arctic Circle was . That would be some hellacious cab fare.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4086067;
    The blonde of Nat and Kat (don't know which is which) reminds me of someone when she smiles, but I cannot figure out who. I don't know if it's someone from TV or someone I know personally, but if anyone has any famous names they want to throw out there so it will stop driving me crazy, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    How about a young Merideth Baxter Birney?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Guiliana Rancic, one of the hosts of Entertainment Tonight.

Very glad Team Dad placed 4th, loved Michael with the dogs. Glad son Kevin is thinking about his Dad when they choose the challenges.

Oh, Team Glee, so sad they left, they had really good hearts and a great attitude racing, unlike the usual ego domininated male a$$'s victory at all costs who are usually cast. Loved their exit scene.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-18-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4086054;
    I think it's funny that Team TV show hosts (sorry, I'm not entirely sure on both names) has one who insists on giving everyone kisses and Michael and Kevin are just fun to watch.
    They both kiss people on the cheeks. I can't stand them (the blonde more-so than the brunette) - they are too loud and over-the-top. I would like to see them eliminated.
    Connor was nice to Jonathan during the detour when he was struggling (much more-so than partners usually are) and I appreciated that. Too bad they were eliminated but they went out graciously.
    So gad that the father and son found an earlier connection - that really saved them.
    Funniest scene was when the team (can't remember who) told their cabbie to drive fast and he told them that they needed to take things slow.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4086035;
    My favorite line of the show was Nick asking their Ghanian taxi driver to take them to the Arctic Circle. At least Vickie corrected him quickly.
    Me too!

I know! I can picture the actress in my head but cannot think of anything she's been in. It's driving me NUTS!

I'm liking how none of the teams really seem mean. A few have had a bad moment here and there but the stress of the race, I'm sure, contributes to that. For the most part, they are getting along well. Better than other seasons.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm really sad to see the Ivy League glee club guys eliminated. They were my favorites.

The Shopping TV hosts are a bit too over the top for me. The blonde comes off too scripted and ready for her "sound bites."

Does anybody know if the 2 doctors are life partners in real life?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast