+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: TAR 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: TAR 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

If I remember correctly The Globetrotters team quit a task and had to wait 4 hrs before continuing Maybaybie

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4081696;
    I don't think I could have placed Ghana the first time, but knew the general area. When our kids were little, we had a cheap world map on the wall in the playroom at their eye level.
    I wouldn't have been able to place Ghana on a map cold, either. But once I found out I was traveling there I would have had a much better chance: I'm a travel nut, and as soon as I hit the airport in England while waiting for the plane I would have been all over a bookstore looking up Ghana and my destination area.

That said, Ghana was far more understandable than missing the word search stuff. Again we got to watch the cameramen frame shots and/or zoom in on the decoder as teams were giving up and running past it... you have to imagine that they're just trying to keep from laughing while they're doing that. If I'm ever on the race and having problems, I'm going to watch where my cameraman is aiming that thing!

Kevin's dad at 59 should not have been that much out of shape unless he does absolutely no cardio. I've done 3K and 5K walks and had 50, 60 and 70 yr old ladies pass me by with no effort on their part.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't think the producers told Kevin to get his dad through the task. We've seen in the past couples stay at a task until well after dark in hopes of it being a NEL. Usually, when it's not and they've been at it for what seems like forever, Phil will come out to them and ax them on the spot.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;4081561;
    Wouldn't there have just been a penalty (4 hours or whatever) if they didn't complete the task, since it was an NEL? So I don't think the producers/crew should have let on that it was an NEL.
    It's four hours if it's a roadblock. It's twenty-four hours if it's a detour. Michael/Kevin would have quit the detour, so that would put them behind a day. The only team to ever receive this punishment is Nancy/Emily in TAR1, so I'm not sure if the 24-hr penalty is still around. It's a bit harsh, don't you think?

But, there was a rumor floating around that it the leg that Maria/Tiffany (the poker girls) were eliminated on during TAR15 was supposed to be an NEL. But they had failed to complete the detour, and Phil had gone on location to eliminate them, as they would have been too far behind to catch up. However, like I said that was just a rumor; I haven't seen a confirmation if that's true or not.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;4081438;
    I don't remember ANY geography being taught in high school here. Pathetic.
    I had a geography class in high school, it was required. I remember having to name all the countries in all of the continents on a map. Of course it was 20+ years ago and I wouldn't remember it all. Heck, it was back when all we had to name was the U.S.S.R. We didn't need to know the countries all broken down, I would be in trouble if I had to do it for Europe.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I am glad that the father/son team made it through another week, but I would be surprised if they make it through next week.

The tattooed guy's bahavior was terrible - especially when he threw the bicycle rim right there in front of the kids. I always hate it when I see such bad behavior from Americans in foreign countries. I hope that he is eliminated soon.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;4081984;
    I had a geography class in high school, it was required. I remember having to name all the countries in all of the continents on a map. Of course it was 20+ years ago and I wouldn't remember it all. Heck, it was back when all we had to name was the U.S.S.R. We didn't need to know the countries all broken down, I would be in trouble if I had to do it for Europe.
    I had to take US geography (where we had to know location on the map and capitals) in 4th grade and then a semester of geography in high school - I'm not sure what we learned in that class. All I can remember was making weather maps and having to present them. I remember this because while we were making the maps the teacher put a video of the weather channel on. He had actually taped the weather channel for us. And when my group presented I was the "weather girl."

Wow..thanks for that trip down memory lane.

I was shocked by the number of groups that could not figure out the "language arts" task.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567