+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: TAR 10/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4081351;
    You know what, I'm so proud of how Kevin is handling his father's heat exhaustion. He could've yelled at him or screamed at him but he didn't. If only ALL partners could be so understanding.
    I agree. That was inspiring how he continued to encourage him and stay by his side. Model for other teams. I hope that with the extra day of renovating he is able to rest and recoup some strength.
    Kevin has learned to respect his father and it is great to see.

On a completely different note, how could all the teams except Team Glee miss the decoding panel? Quite a bit of energy was expended in the bicycle rim task. I wonder how dumb they feel after seeing this episode!

FORT Fogey

Glad to see they're doing some winter/snow tasks next week. They often don't go to really wintry climes until later in the race, unless it's some weird indoor arena, like the Dubai snowman episode a few seasons back. At least no one will be over-heating next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;4081357;
    I agree. That was inspiring how he continued to encourage him and stay by his side. Model for other teams. I hope that with the extra day of renovating he is able to rest and recoup some strength.

On a completely different note, how could all the teams except Team Glee miss the decoding panel? Quite a bit of energy was expended in the bicycle rim task. I wonder how dumb they feel after seeing this episode!
    Very few teams were able to read the clue for the wheelbarrow task correctly either. It reminded me of the time that Jonathan and Vicki didn't realize that a pair of donkeys meant two donkeys, not one. Maybe they were all panicking about the teams being so clustered up. It seemed like the middle of the pack teams were closer together than usual tonight.

Between the wheelbarrows, the geography quiz, and the decoder thing, I would guess not many were feeling very smart afterwards, though Kentucky Dad (sorry--I'm terrible with names) actually did well with the wheelbarrows and the geography quiz and quickly figured out the bicycle wheel trick and was able to pass it on to his daughter. Team Glee, on the other hand, though they did finish first, did not do Princeton proud (and I couldn't help but wonder if they needed that $5,000 to make some student loan payments--not that $5000 would cover much of a Princeton education, but it's $5000 less to pay in the future).

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4081282;
    Geez!! Why can't DVR's get a signal as to when a "delayed" show is starting and ending so I don't have to set it to record the 2 shows on afterwards?

[snip]
    DVR machines in Europe do pick up when a program is delayed and tape accordingly. It's one of the things I miss about living there.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;4081357;
    Especially compared to Nick's behavior. I don't care if he apologized later, that was just disgusting. So much for not having a villain on the show.

I was thinking exactly the same thing as I watched! "Gee, when this episode airs, a lot of people are going to feel dumb." Especially when the camera shows the decoder right behind the contestants as they run away from it.

I'm don't feel harsh towards Team Glee. I'm horrible at geography, too. I'm glad they took it in stride and could laugh at themselves. That's why I love their team.

Was that second clue written in some African language? "Grab a pair of wheelbarrows..." Last time I checked in the dictionary, "pair" meant "two".

I think it's cool that TAR is giving back to a local community. Have they ever done that before? I only started watching a few seasons ago.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think it's cool that TAR is giving back to a local community. Have they ever done that before? I only started watching a few seasons ago.
    In the second season of The Amazing Race Asia (TARA), something similar was done by the racers while in South Africa.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Lox
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dragonman64;4081383;
    In the second season of The Amazing Race Asia (TARA), something similar was done by the racers while in South Africa.

Don't forget about last season where racers painted random houses throughout Chile.

That was part of a task though. It sounded like the racers are going to help out the community when they're not racing, during their pit stop time. I don't believe the race has ever done that before. It's definitely a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4081282;
    Geez!! Remember when it used to be on weeknights? Why is CBS so stupid? Why can't DVR's get a signal as to when a "delayed" show is starting and ending so I don't have to set it to record the 2 shows on afterwards?
    CBS isn't stupid. Believe it or not, the show's ratings have been at its strongest during this timeslot. TAR7 had the highest ratings overall during a Tuesday @ 9:00 timeslot, but they made a mistake by doing a family edition right after. TAR:FE also aired on Tuesdays, but ratings were drastically lower. Then when TAR9 aired, the show couldn't gain back the viewers in the same timeslot and then continously moved timeslots throughout the season. It didn't do too well. Then TAR10 came along with the Sunday airing, and its been pretty solid ever since. Of course, I'd be frustrated also if the TV show was delayed, so I understand where you're coming from.

But I agree with you about the DVR thing.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 10-11-2010 at 12:43 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4081356;
    I don't think Americans get enough geography in school past junior high. I know I didn't.
    I don't remember ANY geography being taught in high school here. Pathetic.

Nick has got to go. What a douche. But I'm glad Kevin and his dad are still in it...hopefully he can catch his breath and do well.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

I loved seeing the son so respectful of his father. That is so rare these days to see that. His father obviously is having a rough time, but he is patient and sees the value his father is giving in trying so hard. I hope my children are like that when they get older.

The guy yelling at his girlfriend like that was awful. I know how stress can make us say things, but he was just vile. I was glad to see that he realized his jerkiness when she had her attack. I wonder if he is a smoker, and is not getting his cigarettes that his body is addicted to. No excuses as I despise smoking, but that is what it looks like to me.

I am hoping the father/daughter and father/son make it far. They are so positive and inspiring and truly these two were raised with values and a good upbringing.

I wish all classrooms would showcase the differences in cultures more. Those children were so happy and well spirited, and they have what amounts to nothing when compared to our children. My husband is a teacher, and a lot of kids nowadays are so self entitled and spoiled, and parents think they have to be friends with them and not parents. I see why sometimes our Country is not liked by other cultures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast