+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 10/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: 10/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4080266;
    Well, I watched my very first episode EVER of TAR Sunday night. I thought it was the premiere, but alas, I missed the first episode. I thought I would start watching some new shows this season, but TAR just didn't do it for me. I hope I can get into it, because I plan to continue watching to give it a chance.

I watched my first season of Big Brother this year and really liked it, The Apprentice, not doing it for me and Survivor: Nicaragua, which I am really enjoying. I'm going to hang in there for a bit with TAR. Since it's an award winning show, it's got to be good. However, it may be a case of different strokes for different folks!
    I've been watching for a few years now (an old roommate got me in to it) and I'll be honest, it's not as good as it used to be. I'm not sure if it's the people looking for more camera-time hoping to "get famous" or something that are killing it for me or the fact that I don't live with that roommate anymore.

I hope that you come to like it and stick around. There is a reason that it has won so many Emmy's.

I think that's a problem with most reality shows now. People have become so jaded that they see these shows as simply a passport to their "15 minutes of fame"--or in the case of some notorious people, more than 15 minutes. It ruins the entertainment value of the shows when you figure out that they don't really care about the prize or the adventure in getting it, but just their own glorification.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I agree that the show hasn't been the same with the most recent seasons...

...but I think this season is awesome! It's actually becoming one of my favorite seasons of the race. You picked a great season to start off with.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567