+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/26 - Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/26 - Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I believe it's a one time thing they can use up to the 8th leg. They can skip any task and receive their next clue.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;4070809;
    I believe it's a one time thing they can use up to the 8th leg. They can skip any task and receive their next clue.
    Thanks for the clarification.

How the heck did the watermelon even DO that? I mean she flings it one way and it totally reverses direction while keeping force behind it. I know it probably hurt a lot, but I could not contain my laughter. If you go frame by frame when it shattered in her face, it looks like something from a cartoon. The whole thing was very cartoonish.

Her parter was right too. I mean seriously... this is the first leg and you're already gonna quit? You HAVE to do it. If the teams in the back were not doing bottom of the barrel bad (the last 3 teams were just MILES behind everybody) then quitting would have been the kiss of death. And who wants to go on the first leg!? It ain't The AMAZING Race for no reason.

What I call "the curse of the confident" striked too. It already claimed 2 eliminations in Top Model and then it stuck it to the black team and Tinkerbell.

I cannot decide which is funnier... the girl getting hit in the face with the watermelon or when Frat boy Dan tried to do the Russian March. OMG I still pee a little when I think of it. EPIC FAIL!

YouTube - Amazing Race--Andrew and Dan Can't March

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4071541;
    Her parter was right too. I mean seriously... this is the first leg and you're already gonna quit? You HAVE to do it. If the teams in the back were not doing bottom of the barrel bad (the last 3 teams were just MILES behind everybody) then quitting would have been the kiss of death. And who wants to go on the first leg!? It ain't The AMAZING Race for no reason.
    I agree - the only way they'd had a logical reason to quit is if she was knocked out (and how it DIDN'T do that at least I'll never quite understand). Even there, they may have only done a partial penalty due to the fact it was beyond her control. They might've also done a time credit for the doctors to check her out so she could continue.

I still think though she had a lot of guts to still continue and fire, and loved her "I made it my bitch" comment. Normally am not fond of that usage, but this time it was warranted. (I was also glad hers was one that the knight was practically obliterated into many small parts).

I vote for Russian March because at least he could feel his face afterward.

I am soooo glad the Race is off to such a good start with such a good cast. There is enough difference in personality and life experience between them that I don't see the show bogging down anytime soon.

I am so very happy right now. The new "twist" is benign enough in that it effects only one team and their decision rather than making enemies. Although when it is used, it could make an enemy or two...I wonder when or if they will use it.

I'll learn the names, hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, but for now I'll say that I really like the doctors.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4071764;
    I vote for Russian March because at least he could feel his face afterward.
    I bet his face didn't hurt, however, can he say the same for his dignity?
    I give the watermelon faceplant lady so much credit. She is one touch chika!

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4071541;
    How the heck did the watermelon even DO that? I mean she flings it one way and it totally reverses direction while keeping force behind it.
    It looked to us like she didn't center the watermelon in the sling. It was too high. So then instead of launching forward, the whole sling flipped around and launched on the way back.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Whoo hoo! My husband is from England so we lived there for several years. I loved this episode!

I felt sorry watching those poor contestants try to find their way around. Poor things. I sympathized. I never did drive in England due to being on the other side of the road/the roundabouts/the narrower roads/etc. It was all too overwhelming for me, so it must have been worse for the contestants trying to do it under so much pressure. BTW, I've never driven a stick shift, either, but I guess you're right, the contestants should have known.

Metric system: ohhh boy. Don't get the English started on that one. They hate the EU, and therefore they did not allow the metric system to be imposed on them. The main exception is grocery packaging, which the EU said had to be done in kilograms. The English simply tacked the kilograms onto their labels along with "pounds." The other main exception is temperature. Hubby wasn't sure whether it's a legal requirement that they have to use Celcius, but that's what they use.

Watermelon lady: I didn't necessarily see her partner as being harsh. If she had sat down beside her partner and oozed sympathy, then the partner would probably have just sat there and cried and regretted losing when they got home. I think the partner appreciated getting a little "kick in the pants" in order to stay in the race. I'm the same way; if I had been the injured party, I would have appreciated my partner motivating me to get up, because there is no way I would want to get eliminated on the first leg due to a silly accident.

I've seen curraghs before, but had no idea they were so hard to get into. Although I felt sorry for them, it was hilarious watching the contestants try, especially the father/son team. What did that other team say? "It was like watching a couple of carnies in a dunking booth." I'm really glad the father and son had such a great attitude about it, too.

All in all a great episode, and a great way to start the season.

BTW, when they were racing to get on the first flight to London, was anybody else thinking, "I bet that plane breaks down"? Maybe it's just because I've been on too many delayed flights. TAR has an amazing ability to pick flights that are picture perfect.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

Out of curiosity, will there be recaps this season?

I've been missing the snark being leveled at the contestants this week...
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

+ Reply to Thread