+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emergency Cash

Emergency Cash

I was reading a Kevin & Drew interview from last year recently, and it answered a question I had about teams and "emergency spending cash".

Apparently, each team is given $200, which they may use only once during the race. If they "break into" the stash, and only spend $10, too bad.

So, that would probably explain the Prada shopping by team Cha Cha Cha last season, and eases a little bit of worry over losing money, too.

That's interesting to know.
    Basically, if you're going to bust into the cash you might as well get full value and spend it all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

That's my thought, too. And if you get near the end of the race, and have built up a little nest egg, you might as well go shopping.

LG.
    It's still odd that Cha Cha spent their "emergency" money while still in the competition. A competitive team would only crack into that if they knew they were getting eliminated (such as Momily after intentionally breaking a rule, or Guido in Alaska at the end of TAR 1). You need that cash to help in a bind. Does not explain why the Harvard Law Bimbos took it upon themselves to BEG in the first episode.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'd probably blow it as soon as I got the chance, because you never know when you're gonna be eliminated, and if it gets down to the wire, you might be too busy to take a spending break.

LG.
    Maybe I am way to rich and spoiled these days, but is the chance to spend $200 worth looking like a fool on tv and risking your chance to win a million dollars, really? I don't think you could get a Tivo for $200. Or maybe I'm just a huge stick in the mud, but emergency cash should be saved for, you know, emergencies. I'm really stingy I guess, hard pressed to part with cash I could need later (even if it is "free money").
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

agentcarver
    I'm notorious for watching every...single...penny, so I'd probably go shoe shopping at the end. (Finish with: Cha cha cha!)

I think team T&T this season wasted a chance to stay in the game (and get rid of T&I) by breaking into the emergency cash. They mentioned in their interview they had dinner, drinks, and went shopping, and didn't arrive too much later than T&I at the pitstop.

FORT Newbie
    Originally posted by John
    I think team T&T this season wasted a chance to stay in the game (and get rid of T&I) by breaking into the emergency cash. They mentioned in their interview they had dinner, drinks, and went shopping, and didn't arrive too much later than T&I at the pitstop.
    Actually, they said they knew they were out because they were getting on the ferry the rest of the teams had gotten off of. They then went to do their roadblock and had to wait for the next ferry to get back across. So they decided to get their cash and have a good time while they had to wait for the next ferry.

That's correct, abby, I forgot about having to wait for the last ferry to get off the island. My bad.

+ Reply to Thread