+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would have happened if.......

What would have happened if.......

A comment by Cali in another thread regarding unforeseen circumstances got me thinking.

What do you think the Producers would have done if.......

The Guido's had successfully managed to make The Frat, Mom & Emily and Rob & Brennan miss their plane?

If the leg where Guido's and Frank and Margarita "cheated" by getting a taxi instead of a train had been an elimination leg?

Amie and Paul had been come in last during the week where Kim and Leslie forced them out of the taxi they had claimed?
    Last edited by fluff; 10-09-2002 at 12:53 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Interesting to think about Fluff.
    I honestly don't know.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    The Guido's had successfully managed to make The Frat, Mom & Emily and Rob & Brennan miss their plane?
    I don't know if there was any rule against it (although it was completely a jackass thing to do). I bet the producers would have done nothing.

If the leg where Guido's and Frank and Margarita "cheated" by getting a taxi instead of a train had been an elimination leg?
    Didn't this happen to Emily and her mom once? Didn't they beat the Guidos in a leg where they took a taxi and then got the boot?

Amie and Paul had been come in last during the week where Kim and Leslie forced them out of the taxi they had claimed?
    Again I think they would have done nothing (unless it was specifically against the rules)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The whole 24-hour penalty thing for Momily seemed completely arbitrary to me. F&M and R&B both took the short cut taxis and were penalized in simply a token fashion. Now, granted, they didn't give up like a couple of sissies the way Momily did, but the two punishments were nowhere near the same severity.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    I seem to recall that there was some ambiguity in the clue given in the first "illegal taxi" incident (in which Frank and Margarita and some other team took taxis instead of the train), as it was explained that they misunderstood the clue. My guess is that if R&B were the other team (as Paulie seems to remember) they made a very legalistic interpretation and the show caved as they didn't want a future lawsuit. Bill Clinton's definition of "is" or "sexual relations" anyone? Damn lawyers. Anyway, with Momily it was very clear that they understood that they were breaking the rules as outlined in the clue, they were shown on camera discussing that they were breaking the rules, and they had decided to give up and didn't give a damn if they did break the rules, so they faced the consequences of that knowing violation of the rules, which resulted in their elimination. Too damn much whining too, from an otherwise cool team.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Hm, that's right. I remember now that the clue was ambiguous. In fact, they made special note of that in the next episode.

I don't want to make excuses for Momily. You don't frickin' give up when you're in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Their whiny, sniveling surrender still ticks me off, especially since it meant Emily's twins had to leave the show while Guido's twins stayed. Ugh.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Yes I remember screaming at the TV for them to not give up. How disappointing that they could have gotten rid of the Guidos earlier.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

LG.
    Cool, I remembered something correctly and didn't spell anything wrong. I'm going to give myself a star.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I love that blue star -- how about a too!

I think it was the Guido's that took a taxi in that particular episode.
    I could well be wrong, but that's my memory of the incident.
    I'm sure I can remember seeing Rob on the train pointing out that other teams had not followed the clue correctly.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast