+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should notes be allowed?

Should notes be allowed?

At the final memory challenge, both Dan and Jordan and Jet and Cord had some notes to guide them through the task, which pretty much made it worthless.

Should they disallow using notes on memory challenges? I'd say yes. Many of the tasks this season were way too easy to begin with, this taking notes stuff just makes it so uninteresting.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Re: Should notes be allowed?

I agree-nix the notes. We've seen teams spend crucial time on that task that made the end of the race more of a nail biter. Now all they have to do is go to their handy dandy notebook. What's next-the use of a gps?
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Most of the time they haven't let them do this, so I was actually quite surprised. If they had a couple of seasons back, Luke - who had a near picture perfect memory, would've totally sailed through the surfboard challenge.

Actually - this is my stance on it, I'm both ways. And before you say "Wishy-washy" here's why:

When it's a challenge like this one - no threats around them, then no cheat sheets. This was an easy one compared to previous seasons.

Now, if they have things like a safe where if you're wrong you wait 10 minutes before you're let out, the surfboards again or any challenge that has a counter? - then yes.

Thing is - don't let them even get an idea which one is in store, and therefore they risk having to get notes and just think "OK, we'll have them for the last challenge" and make them actually appreciate the world around them by being observant.

Though it cost my favorite team in the end that season (though my second favorite did win), I loved that for Luke and the others they had to rely on pictures of things they saw while in the race, not team players and how they were eliminated. Plus the surfboards had similar items to confuse them.

I say NO! I'm done with this show after seeing that task.

How could they stop them from taking notes? Teams have been doing that for as far as I could remember and I've seen every season.

If you want to cry foul on something, I'd call out the detectives for their compass watch. That definitely should not have been allowed.

No notes once on the task. Easy as that.

FORT Fogey

I think it is fine. They are allowed to use tools all the time. Remember when one team had a calculator a few seasons back? I don't think notes should be banned. I do think the memory tasks should be made harder like they used to be with the vague photos. Notes probably cannot help with that!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;3900403;
    How could they stop them from taking notes? Teams have been doing that for as far as I could remember and I've seen every season.

If you want to cry foul on something, I'd call out the detectives for their compass watch. That definitely should not have been allowed.
    It's a pitch counter.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;3900403;

I agree with Destron - it's a pitch counter, and given that the teams were allowed to do hash marks on the counting, this is a legitimate item. (Plus, these counters if you have slight twitches in your hands will make you accidentally count things twice by mistake, so there's still the human error potential).

Of course, you know now that people will be bringing whistles, duct tape and a counter like this in the race to use as an advantage. All are small and all useful for fixing things or counting.

I just want to clarify my statement above by saying that I also agree that notes should not be allowed during a memory challenge. However, I don't have a problem with teams taking notes during the race of things they may have done or seen prior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast